Islamic Forum
abdulmajeed3

Best Age To Perform Umrah

Just the thought of performing Umrah energizes the devotee, but one should bear in mind that performing Umrah is an arduous task. Many people wonder ‘What is the best age to perform Umrah’, the age at which an individual can make the most out of these spiritual journeys. Many Ulema believe that it is better to perform Hajj and Umrah in young age. Youth? Juggling between responsibilities, overburdened with studies, carefree about finances, religious affairs… so not ‘their thing’, how could young age be the best age to perform Umrah?

PropellerAds

Depends on the individual.

If they are mature and have strong iman, then performing Umrah can be done pretty much from teenage years.

Personally me and my wife did it few years back now but I was 33.

As for Hajj, I think that takes alot more- one has to be mentally strong and I personally always felt that if I did it in my 'younger days' I may still not have the fulfilment it ought to bring (what with worldly challenges etc).

I have not done hajj to this day but it's more now due to the financial costs involved.

If Allah wills, I will love (and pray) I do it whilst still sound of mind and body. I would also want to do this journey with my wife.

Edited by The Doc