Islamic Forum
sanajamal

What Is Dua (Supplication)

Dua is said to be the acceptance of the variation between God and the human being existence. It is an ultimate connection between the Creator and HIS believer through which human can pour out all their concerns and ask anything they want with a firm faith. It is the link which satisfies the nature of human beings of being taken care of and dependency that require a constant favor and bestowal from his Lord who is the prime source of everything.

Read More Info: www.ILinkTours.com/Blog

PropellerAds

As-Salaam alaykum,

I say yes, to the topic above on Du'a... and would add and/or advise that we always should Pray to Allah, Azzah Wa-Jallah, ceaselessly, and not speak of anything else, and preserve our hearts from the longing to see people at our feet. The Love of Allah is the only pole around which good deeds turn.

Let our tongue(s) speak of nothing but Allah and His Messenger, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, instead of occupying ourselves with mundane things of this world.

Best Wishes.

Every dua and recitation has its own significance and they make you feel neared to Allah. However, there are some that appeal you the most and you love saying them again and again. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MahnoorMalik
      The best way to connect with Allah Almighty is to offer Dua. Muslims consider it their primary obligation to bow in front of Allah to earn rewards and blessings. The Kids Dua application provides a platform for Muslims to read and memorize Islamic Dua to earn blessings of Allah. Kids of All age groups can read and memorize Dua for all problems to get successful in life.

Download Kids Dua Now Word by Word on Android

Download Kids Dua Now Word by Word on iTunes

Application Features

The important features of application includes,

Word by Word Teaching – Kid’s can read Islamic Dua word by word to easily understand the meanings of Islamic Dua. Each word is highlighted to easily read Dua in Arabic. The word by word Dua feature act as a tutor for Kid’s to learn Islamic Dua.

Translation & Transliteration – The translation of Islamic Dua helps to understand the meanings of Islamic Dua and transliteration feature enables kids to pronounce Arabic Dua with proper syntax.

Audio Recitation – Listen to the beautiful audio recitation of Islamic Dua in Arabic to better understand the Dua of Islam.

Duas for Different Age Groups – The Islamic Dua is categorized into different age groups range from 3 to 9 years. Kids can learn Islamic Dua with their age groups.

Duas List – Islamic Dua is categorized into different sub categories to better understand the Dua of Islam.

Highlighter - The Reciter recites complete Islamic Dua and a highlighter scrolls through the dua simultaneously to show the word being read.

Full Dua - Complete Dua tab of Kids Dua Now shows the complete Islamic dua with translation in English and Transliteration of Dua to read the dua with Tajweed rules.

The application helps Muslim to read Islamic dua to solve all the problems of their life while offering Islamic Dua.
    • By sunnymaboy
      Dear brothers and sisters, i want to tell you that a close uncle of mine passed away due to a sudden cardiac arrest today. He was very young (about 32) and he smoked and did not offer prayers alot. But he loved his family very much. He was a spendthrift person but he spent alot for his family. He had been having a financial crisis and was struggling for alot of time. He dearly loved our Prophet (pbuh) and Imam Ali, his namesake. Please, brothers, please pray for him and add your pleas to mine own.
    • By anisafatima
      ‘Kids Dua Series’ is an iOS app that that may be helpful in fulfilling your religious responsibility towards your kids by teaching and making them learn Duas & supplications.

Click here to download Kids Dua Series
    • By vishah
      The following is what ibn Katheer (Rahimahullah) said regarding the Dua in the last ayah of Surathul Baqarah

"........Allah then said, mentioning what the believers said while direct ing His servants to supplicate
      to Him, all the while promising them that He will answer their supplicat ion:
      ("Our Lord! Push us not if we forget or fall into error, '') meaning, "If we forgot an obligat ion or
      fell into a prohibit ion, or made an error while ignorant of its ruling. '' We ment ioned the Hadith
      by Abu Hurayrah, that Muslim collected, wherein Al lah said, "I shall (accept your supplicat ion). ''
      There is also the Hadith by Ibn ` Abbas that Allah said, "I did (accept your supplicat ion). ''
      (Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and
      Christ ians), ) means, "Even if we were able to perform them, do not require us to perform the
      dif f icult deeds as You required the previous nat ions before us, such as the burdens that were
      placed on them. You sent Your Prophet Muhammad , the Prophet of mercy, to abrogate these
      burdens through the Law that You revealed to him, the Hanif i (Islamic Monotheism), easy
      religion. '' Muslim recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said that Allah
      said, "I shall (accept your supplicat ion). '' Ibn ` Abbas narrated that the Messenger of Allah said
      that Allah said, "I did (accept your supplicat ion). '' There is the Hadith recorded through various
      chains of narrat ion that the Messenger of Allah said,
      (I was sent with the easy Hanif iyyah way. )
      (Our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear) of obligations,
      hardships and af f lict ions, do not make us bear what we cannot bear of this.
      (Our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have st rength to bear. )
      We ment ioned that Allah said, "I shall (accept your supplicat ion)'' in one narrat ion, and, "I did
      (accept your supplicat ion), '' in another narrat ion.
      (Pardon us) meaning, between us and You regarding what You know of our shortcomings and
      errors.
      (And grant us forgiveness) concerning what is between us and Your servants. So do not expose
      our errors and evil deeds to them.

(Have mercy on us) in what will come thereaf ter. Therefore, do not allow us to fall into
      another error. They say that those who commit error need three things: Allah's forgiveness for
      what is between Him and them, that He conceals these errors f rom His other servants, and thus
      does not expose them before the servants, and that He grants them immunity f rom further
      error. '' We ment ioned before that Allah answered these pleas, "I shall, '' in one narrat ion and, "I
      did, '' in another narrat ion.
      (You are our Mawla) meaning, You are our supporter and helper, our t rust is in You, You are
      sought for each and every type of help and our total reliance is on You. There is no power or
      st rength except f rom You.
      (And give us victory over the disbelieving people) those who rej ected Your religion, denied
      Your Oneness, refused the Message of Your Prophet , worshipped other than You and associated
      others in Your worship. Give us victory and make us prevail above them in this and the
      Hereaf ter. Allah said, "I shall, '' in one narrat ion, and, "I did, '' in the Hadith that Muslim
      collected f rom Ibn ` Abbas.
      Further, Ibn Jarir recorded that Abu Ishaq said that whenever Mu` adh would f inish recit ing this
      Surah,
      (And give us victory over the disbelieving people), he would say "Amin.'' .................... "
    • By dot
      :sl:

Duaa/supplication during prayers are not obligatory, they are not part of your salah itself. But our beloved prophet Muhammad :s: used to offer duaa at specific points during salah/prayer. You are standing before Allah during prayer, so its the best time to say your duaa. The best duaa is that which the prophet :s: used to say, although you can say whatever you wish in your own words. You can say duaa in your own language.. actually it is better to say them in your own language so that they come out from your heart.
      If you want to say the best duaa, here is what prophet Muhammed :s: used to say, and the points in prayer where he used to say them:

1 –After the opening takbeer of the prayer and before starting to recite al-Faatihah.
      This is called Du’aa’ al-Istiftaah (opening supplication):

اللهم باعد بينى وبين خطايايا كما باعدت بين المشرق والمغرب

اللهم نقنى من خطايايا كما ينقى الثوب الأبيض من الدنس

اللهم إغسلنى من خطايايا بالثلج والماء والبرد

Allaahumma baa’id bayni wa bayna khataayaaya kama baa’adta bayna al-mashriqi wa’l-maghrib. Allaahumma naqqini min khataayaaya kama yunaqqa al-thawb al-abyad min al-danas. Allaahumma ighsilni min khataayaaya bi’l-thalji wa’l-maa’i wa’l-barad.

Translation: O Allaah, put a great distance between me and my sins, as great as the distance You have made between the East and the West. O Allaah, cleanse me of sin as a white garment is cleansed from filth. O Allaah, wash away my sins with snow and water and hail.

2 – Du’aa’ al-Qunoot
      (Qunoot, according to the definition of the fuqaha’, “is the name of a du’aa’ (supplication) offered during prayer at a specific point while standing.” It is prescribed in Witr prayer after the rukoo’ (bowing), according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions.
      If a calamity (naazilah) befalls the Muslims, it is prescribed to say Du’aa’ al- Qunoot after standing up from rukoo’ in the last rak’ah of each of the five daily obligatory prayers, until Allaah relieves the Muslims of that calamity.)

A - in Witr
      (Witr prayer is performed at night after isha'a (night-time prayer) or before fajr (dawn prayer). According to the Hanafi Fiqh witr prayer is wajib. The status of wajib is very close to that of fard. There are a few distinguishing factors of the witr prayer that sets it apart from the fard (mandatory) and sunnah (recommended) prayers. Witr has an odd number of rakat prayed in pairs, with the final raka'ah prayed separately. Therefore, as little as one rakat can be prayed, and eleven at most.)  

اللهم إهدنى فيمنهديت

وعافنى فيمن عافيت

وتولنى فيمن توليت

وبارك لى فيما أعطيت

وقنى شر ما قضيت

فإنك تقضى ولا يقضى عليك

وإنه لا يذل من واليت ولا يعز من عاديت

تباركت ربنا وتعاليت

Allaahumma ihdini feeman hadayta wa ‘aafini feeman ‘aafayta wa tawallani feeman tawallayta wa baarik li feema a’tayta, wa qini sharra ma qadayta , fa innaka taqdi wa la yuqda ‘alayk, wa innahu laa yadhillu man waalayta wa laa ya’izzu man ‘aadayta, tabaarakta Rabbana wa ta’aalayt  

(O Allaah, guide me among those whom You have guided, pardon me among those whom You have pardoned, turn to me in friendship among those on whom You have turned in friendship, and bless me in what You have bestowed, and save me from the evil of what You have decreed. For verily You decree and none can influence You; and he is not humiliated whom You have befriended, nor is he honoured who is Your enemy. Blessed are You, O Lord, and Exalted).  

B – Du’aa’ when standing up from bowing, at times of calamity.
      This is called Qunoot al-Nawaazil. This may be recited in all the obligatory prayers depending on the situation, and the worshippers behind the imam should say Ameen. The imam starts with the same wordings as the duaa in witr above (in plural, using "us" instead of "me" of course), plus wordings appropriate to the situation.  
      4 – Whilst bowing.

سبحانك اللهم ربنا وبحمدك

اللهم إغفر لى

Subhaanak Allaahumma Rabbanaa wa bi hamdika Allaahumma ighfir li

(Glory and praise be to You, O Allaah our Lord. O Allaah, forgive me).

5 – During prostration.
      This is the best of du’aa’, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The closest that any one of you may be to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so say a lot of du’aa’ at that time.” Narrated by Muslim, 482, from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah.

اللهم لك سجدت وبك آمنت ولك أسلمت

سجد وجهى للذى خلقه وصوره

وشق سمعه وبصره

فتبارك الله احسن الخالقين

Allahumma laka sajatu wa bika aamantu wa laka aslamt
      Sajad wajhi lel'ladhi khalaqahu wa sa'warru
      wa shaq'qa sam'ahu ,wa basaru
      fatabarak'Allahu ahsana'l khaleeqeen  

(O Allaah! For you I have prostrated; in You I have believed; to You I have submitted; [You are my Lord;] my face has prostrated for the One Who created it and shaped it , [shaped it excellently,] then brought forth its hearing and vision: [so] blessed be Allaah, the Best to Create!)  
      6 – Between the two prostrations.

اللهم إغفر لى وارحمنى واجبرنى واهدنى وارزقنى

Allaahumma ighfir li warhamni wajburni wahdini warzuqni

(O Allaah, forgive me, have mercy on me, enrich me, guide me and grant me provision).

7 – After the tashahhud and before the salaam:

اللهم إنى أعوذ بك من عذاب جهنم ومن عذاب القبر ومن فتنة المحيا والممات ومن شر فتنة المسيح الدجال

Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min ‘adhaabi jahannam wa min ‘adhaab il-qabri wa min fitnat il-mahyaa wa’l-mamaat wa min sharri fitnat il-maseeh il-dajjaal

(O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the torment of Hell and from the torment of the grave and from the trials of life and death and from the evil of the trial of the Dajjaal).

Then after that he may pray for whatever he likes of the good things of this world and the Hereafter, because of the hadeeth of Ibn Mas’ood: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught them the tashahhud then he said at the end: “Let him ask for whatever good things he wishes.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5876; Muslim, 402.

And Allaah knows best.

Source and more details:
      http://islamqa.info/en/ref/7886
      http://islamqa.info/en/ref/20031
      http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/Islam-dir/115574-making-dua-during-sajdah-prostration.html