Islamic Forum
InProgress

Asslamu Aliakum

Asslamu Aliakum

I think I used to have an old account here years ago but I must have forgotten the old username/passwords. So I created a new account.

I'm looking to surround myself with good company. I want a fresh start. I need help being a good Muslim. 

I have committed so many sins. I need to ask for forgiveness and start fresh. I have tried to practise Islam before but my inner demons took over. I used my rough life as an excuse to do bad things...but I want to stop.

Help me.

PropellerAds

Wa alaikum assalam brother

Welcome back. We are glad to help you get back on track.

If you need anything just ask.

And if you can remember your old username or email address contact me to help you regain access.

Thank you!

The aim currently is to pray 5 times a day and remember/fear Allah constantly throughout the day. I even have the confidence to pray at work.  Along with this I'm trying to combat an addiction, which started back in childhood.

Now I want to know...how to properly ask for forgiveness. I don't think my forgiveness is genuine/enough. Do I have to ask for forgiveness for every type of sin I have performed? There are some sins I have repeated due to an addiction I have suffered from since childhood. I thought about giving money to charity and fasting as a way to ask for forgiveness. 

You can repent for all your sins. Keep asking for forgiveness in your prayers. Best time is when your head is on the ground in the last rakaa. When you repent, you should have the intention of not doing any sin again. However, we are all weak, so should you repeat any sin, you can ask for forgiveness. You can also ask Allah to make you stronger and to help you stay in the straight path. There is no limit for how many times you repent. The more you pray and read the Quran, the less likely you will commit any sin insha'Allah.