Islamic Forum
happy spirit

A Short Biography Of The “Mothers Of The Faithful”

Khadeejah

Prophet Muhammad married her when he was twenty-five, while she had reached the age of forty. She was a widow, twice married. He was at the peak of his youth. Impressed by Muhammad’s honesty and moral character, she send a relative to propose marriage. They were married for twenty five years until her death. Through every persecution, Khadeejah was his sole companion and helper. Khadeejah, along with Aisha, played a major contribution in the establishment and spread of the Islamic civilization. Khadeejah bore four daughters with the Prophet: Zainab, Umm Kulthoom, Ruqayya, and Fatima. All four grew to maturity and accepted Islam. They all died in the lifetime of their father, except Fatima who died six months after the Prophet. Khadeejah also bore two sons, Qasim and Abdullah, both of whom died at an early age.
source: islamkingdom

• Like 1

As-Salaam alaikum,

Yes, indeed Ummul Mumineen Sayyada Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, the first wife of the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, was the first in accepting Islam as her religion. She was/is an image of faith, integrity, truth and good manners. About her, the Noble Prophet, alaihis-Salaat Was-Salaam, was pleased to have remarked:--

"She believed in me when no one else did; she accepted Islam when people rejected me;

and she helped and comforted me when there was no one else to lend me a helping hand.

And it is through her that Allah blessed me with children."

May Allah continue to bless her and other ahl-bayt members.

Allhumma Salli ala Sayyadina Muhammadin, wa ala ahlihi, wa ashabihi, wa-Zuriyatihi, wasallim.