Islamic Forum
whosebob

Why God Is One

The Answer to heaven is God's oneness. But if you are still skeptical
here’s an argument for you amongst many but to me it’s the one that
makes the most sense. When you about to die will you turn to one God or
many. God would’nt make it so complicated and confusing. It is also a
very difficult time and one can hardly think. God had made it easier to
hold onto one thought and this is the name of God.

What is unity? Unity is one, right? A supreme intelligence like God
knows this. Why would God want to ruin his unity? It is impossible
because God isn't created, to be created, means that you are not a God.
That’s why God is One.

• Like 1

PropellerAds

When you about to die will you turn to one God or many.

God would’nt make it so complicated and confusing. It is also a

hold onto one thought and this is the name of God..

assalamo alykom, brother

That's very interesting point; I totally agree. I like to generalize the situations to: whenever you feel an urgent need for the god, in any emergency or sudden huge action including getting close to death, or loosing a beloved person .... whom will you call up on?  whom will you ask for help? whom will you mention his name? This is the real one you believe he can help.

Muslims have no issues in that and mostly Jews. The problem is with the Christians. Mostly, they call up on Jesus (not the father nor the holly spirit).

I'm not sure what is the reason behind such thing?

and what is the response of the father and the holy spirit when they feel that no one need their help?

assalamo alykom, brother

That's very interesting point; I totally agree. I like to generalize the situations to: whenever you feel an urgent need for the god, in any emergency or sudden huge action including getting close to death, or loosing a beloved person .... whom will you call up on?  whom will you ask for help? whom will you mention his name? This is the real one you believe he can help.

Muslims have no issues in that and mostly Jews. The problem is with the Christians. Mostly, they call up on Jesus (not the father nor the holly spirit).

I'm not sure what is the reason behind such thing?

and what is the response of the father and the holy spirit when they feel that no one need their help?

Nope, dear, the problem is your understanding. It's very simple God can only be One, there can only be ONE creator, obviously as everything created has to be lesser than God Himself and cannot be equal to God. God the father is our creator sustainer and unto Him we ultimately return. Your problem is you see God the Son and God the Spirit as separate entities, like three gods and other such nonsense. The Bible is quite clear that this is not possible and I don't know where you got such an idea from.

God is one and reveals Himself as having a plurality within His divine nature. It doesn't (and never has) implied God is one of three. God is One consisting of His being His word and His spirit.

;) :)

Blessings

That’s why God is One.

Gods name is YHWH. Nothing God can do would ruin His unity. You are correct in saying anything God creates has to be by default lesser than God Himself.. But of course Gods Word and Spirt are eternal and uncreated. But you surely know and understand that I think.

:)

Blessings

Nope, 

God is one and reveals Himself as having a plurality within His divine nature. It doesn't (and never has) implied God is one of three. God is One consisting of His being His word and His spirit.

;) :)

Blessings

Then, am I right if I said that: god the son is god the father himself and both are god the holy spirit?! or the divine nature consists of three revealed selves/ forms/persons of the god?!

It is little complicated for me ..

But any ways, why Christians like to call up on the revealed son divine nature (Jesus Christ) and not any other?! Do Christians love the revealed son nature than other revealed natures of god?

That’s why God is One.

that is right and reliable

www.guidelight.tv

Then, am I right if I said that: god the son is god the father himself and both are god the holy spirit?! or the divine nature consists of three revealed selves/ forms/persons of the god?!

It is little complicated for me ..

But any ways, why Christians like to call up on the revealed son divine nature (Jesus Christ) and not any other?! Do Christians love the revealed son nature than other revealed natures of god?

Let's explain for you :) The doctrine of the Trinity — that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are each equally and eternally the one true God — is admittedly difficult to comprehend, and yet is the very foundation of Christian truth. Although skeptics may ridicule it as a mathematical impossibility, it is nevertheless a basic doctrine of Scripture as well as profoundly realistic in both universal experience and in the scientific understanding of the cosmos.

Both Old and New Testaments teach the Unity and the Trinity of the Godhead. The idea that there is only one God, who created all things, is repeatedly emphasized in such Scriptures as Isaiah 45:18:

“For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the Earth and made it; …I am the Lord; and there is none else.”

A New Testament example is James 2:19:

“Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well; the devils also believe, and tremble.”

The three persons of the Godhead are, at the same time, noted in such Scriptures as Isaiah 48:16:

“I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, there am I; and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.”

The speaker in this verse is obviously God, and yet He says He has been sent both by The Lord God (that is, the Father) and by His Spirit (that is, the Holy Spirit).

The New Testament doctrine of the Trinity is evident in such a verse as John 15:26, where the Lord Jesus said:

“But when the Comforter is come whom I will send unto you from the Father, He shall testify of me.”

JESUS — That Jesus, as the only-begotten Son of God, actually claimed to be God, equal with the Father, is clear from numerous Scriptures. For example, He said:

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty” (Revelation 1:8).

HOLY SPIRIT — Some cults falsely teach that the Holy Spirit is an impersonal divine influence of some kind, but the Bible teaches that He is a real person, just as are the Father and the Son. Jesus said:

“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; and he will show you things to come” (John 16:13).

TRI-UNITY — The teaching of the Bible concerning the Trinity might be summarized thus. God is a Tri-unity, with each Person of the Godhead equally and fully and eternally God. Each is necessary, and each is distinct, and yet all are one. The three Persons appear in a logical, causal order. The Father is the unseen, omnipresent Source of all being, revealed in and by the Son, experienced in and by the Holy Spirit. The Son proceeds from the Father, and the Spirit from the Son. With reference to God's creation, the Father is the Thought behind it, the Son is the Word calling it forth, and the Spirit is the Deed making it a reality.

We “see” God and His great salvation in the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, then “experience” their reality by faith, through the indwelling presence of His Holy Spirit.

Though these relationships seem paradoxical, and to some completely impossible, they are profoundly realistic, and their truth is ingrained deep in man's nature. Thus, men have always sensed first the truth that God must be “out there,” everywhere present and the First Cause of all things, but they have corrupted this intuitive knowledge of the Father into pantheism and ultimately into naturalism.

Similarly, men have always felt the need to “see” God in terms of their own experience and understanding, but this knowledge that God must reveal Himself has been distorted into polytheism and idolatry. Men have thus continually erected “models” of God, sometimes in the form of graven images, sometimes even in the form of philosophical systems purporting to represent ultimate reality.

Finally, men have always known that they should be able to have communion with their Creator and to experience His presence “within.” But this deep intuition of the Holy Spirit has been corrupted into various forms of false mysticism and fanaticism, and even into spiritism and demonism. Thus, the truth of God's tri-unity is ingrained in man's very nature, but he has often distorted it and substituted a false god in its place.

As there's only ONE God all love and worship is for Him. :) hope that helps you a little.

Edited by Tunisia

Here's another argument about God's oneness.

If there were more than one god, then it would be illogical to claim that any god is either all-knowing or all-powerful. The gods would be limited since a portion would be allocated to other gods.

Let's explain for you  The doctrine of the Trinity — that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are each equally and eternally the one true God — is admittedly difficult to comprehend,

well,majority of Xtians disagree with you .

The doctrine of the Trinity is foundational to the Christian faith. It is crucial for properly understanding what God is like, how he relates to us, and how we should relate to him. But it also raises many difficult questions. How can God be both one and three? Is the Trinity a contradiction? If Jesus is God, why do the Gospels record instances where he prayed to God?

While we), cannot fully understand everything about the Trinity (or anything else it is possible to answer questions like these and come to a solid grasp of what it means for God to be three in one.

One God, Three Persons

The doctrine of the Trinity means that there is one God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons — the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Stated differently, God is one in essence and three in person. These definitions express three crucial truths: (1) the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons, (2) each Person is fully God, (3) there is only one God.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons. The Bible speaks of the Father as God (Philippians 1:2), Jesus as God (Titus 2:13), and the Holy Spirit as God (Acts 5:3–4). Are these just three different ways of looking at God, or simply ways of referring to three different roles that God plays? The answer must be no, because the Bible also indicates that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons.

For example, since the Father sent the Son into the world (John 3:16), he cannot be the same person as the Son. Likewise, after the Son returned to the Father (John 16:10), the Father and the Son sent the Holy Spirit into the world (John 14:26; Acts 2:33). Therefore, the Holy Spirit must be distinct from the Father and the Son.

i say three distinct person there.

the above writing is not mine,it is a quote from a Xtian site.

subhanalah.

God or the Creator should be one. If there would be many, people will get confused about not knowing whom to follow or worship. just like too many chefs spoil the soup, the whole system of the world would get messed up. God is wise and He will never do such vail acts.