Islamic Forum
gentle giant

Do Muslims Have Answers To Hard Questions About There Faith?

i am a Christian who found the faith late in life (42) over the pasted 11 years it is clear that Islam opposes Christianity yet affirms it if it does not contradict the Quran and at the same time relies on the wealth of the Biblical prophets to give body and depth to it faith.

However at close examination a number of questions arise, and when these questioned are asked I have had a multitude of different answers which rarely are supported by any evidence other than "We say so"

For example Islam claims that the oral tradition of the Quran is a perfect science and back by unbroken chains of transmission. Yet when one read the Hadith it is clear that at the time of Mohammad  a companion hear another companion recite a Surah different to what Mohammad had taught. Taking the man to Mohammad he asked the prophet which recitation is correct, The prophet said both.

The typical response is it is only a dialect problem. Yet that is not the true rendering of the Hadith. 

So one is left confused on the basis that the Hadith are reinterpreted to suit the science of transmission or Muslims are simple dishonest to there own faith under the banner of Taqiyya.

When I  challenged my Muslim friends say this is just an aggressive approach from a anti-Islamic Christian who can not listen,  who has a reading comprehension problem with has no logic or reason. A sad response to is viewed as nothing else but I do not have an answer so let me attack you on a personal level, which in the end of the day simple exposes Islam as a religion set of violence and not peace as it so boldly claims.

So I am here to get honest straight answers to hard questions and hopefully without the typical Islamic gymnastic. 

Regards Doug

PropellerAds

Welcome Doug, hope you get the straight answers to hard questions.. I do feel it will require a level of Islamic gymnastics on behalf of our Muslim brothers and sisters in order to make sense of it. If the message of Islam is to be consistant with the previous scriptures that is.

Wa alaikum assalam

welcom.gif to Gawaher

I'm glad you decided to join us. I hope that you find your stay here at IF beneficial, as well as enjoyable, and inshaAllah we benefit from each other.

As this section is only for introductions, please start a new topic in another section for your question/discussion., and we will be glad to respond to you there, instead of this closed topic.

As we advise all new comers, please take a moment to read our Forum Rules. This will greatly enhance your understanding of this community, and ensures a smooth relation with everyone around here.

As a new member, you will notice a number of temporary limitations. Please read about them here:

New Members: Read This!

And now here is your welcome drink, on the house!

So sit back, and let me pour you a few glasses of freshly squeezed fruit juice!. Drink all you can.

post-1-1102388849.jpg