Islamic Forum
Kshatriya

New Here, Thinking About Converting To Islam (Need Help)

hey there,

i am from North India, i am 19 and i belong to Kshatriya Caste.basically we are Aryan warrior Caste and our job is to Rule,Protect and fight wars.

i started to learning abput Islam when i was 13 and i must admit that i hated Islam when i was young i used to think that Muslims are not good people (due to propaganda) and i also hated Muslims for some times. but after becoming an Teenager i started to learn about Islam and i started to slowly follow Islam, my current religion is Highly complicated Religion, it's mixture of Native Faith and Aryan Faith.

i dont like Idol worshiping, it just dont feel right. even according to oldest Hindu religious book Rig Veda, god is only one and we are not allowed to idol worship him. so naturally after learning that i also started to accept that there is only 1 supreme god and we should only worship him directly (not by pics,idols etc etc.) i am a history buff so i learned most of Islamic History mas well. (ottoman and Mughal are my Fave Empires in the world history.) I also watched tons of Islamic documentaries and short films on YouTube and after researching about Islam for almost 5 years now i am sure that that there is not god but Allah(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is the messenger of Allah. now i think i am ready to Accept Islam but i still have few Questions Regarding Islam and Islamic culture(way of life). please answers the following question if you have free time. your answers can really help me. 

1) can a Indian who's from Kshatriya caste convert to Islam ? i mean my ancestors as warriors and kings always fought against Islam. 

2) can i retain my Sanskrit based name After Accepting Islam?

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is Acceptable ?

4) all people i know are Hindus and what should i do if i have to visit Temple ? am i allowed to pray to Gods/Idols after becoming a muslim ?

5) will people who are Born Muslims will Accept me as a Muslim ?

6) how can i Accept Islam ? whats the process  of becoming a Sunni Muslim ? (i want to become a Sunni Muslim)

7) now, i cant fast, i am a big guy but due to my eating habits and other limitations i fell sick and loose my weight rapidly if i fast even tho i Lift weight. so an i eat at month of Ramadan ?

I am really looking forward to becoming a Muslim. I am waiting for your answers and i will notify you guys about my decision in next few hours.

and Mods please transfer this topic to sutible forum if i posted this in wrong section. Thanks :)

• Like 1

PropellerAds

Wa alaikum assalam

welcom.gif to Gawaher

I'm glad you decided to join us. I hope that you find your stay here at IF beneficial, as well as enjoyable, and inshaAllah we benefit from each other.

As we advise all new comers, please take a moment to read our Forum Rules. This will greatly enhance your understanding of this community, and ensures a smooth relation with everyone around here.

As a new member, you will notice a number of temporary limitations. Please read about them here:

New Members: Read This!

And now here is your welcome drink, on the house!

So sit back, and let me pour you a few glasses of freshly squeezed fruit juice!. Drink all you can.

post-1-1102388849.jpg

I'll try to answer your questions now: 

1) can a Indian who's from Kshatriya caste convert to Islam ? i mean my ancestors as warriors and kings always fought against Islam. 

AnswerOf course you can. Even those who killed Muslims before can become Muslims anytime they wish.

2) can i retain my Sanskrit based name After Accepting Islam?

AnswerYes. Name change is not required, if you don't want to.

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is Acceptable ?

AnswerThe daily 5 prayers are required. But the ,ost important thing now is to say the shahada (declaration of faith). Everything else comes later.

4) all people i know are Hindus and what should i do if i have to visit Temple ? am i allowed to pray to Gods/Idols after becoming a muslim ?

Answer: No! praying to Gods/Idols would make you a non-Muslim. The basis of Islam is to believe in the oneness of God.

5) will people who are Born Muslims will Accept me as a Muslim ?

Answer: sure. You would have 1.6 billion brothers and sisters instantly once you become a Muslim.

6) how can i Accept Islam ? whats the process  of becoming a Sunni Muslim ? (i want to become a Sunni Muslim)

Answer: You'll find a detailed answer to all the steps required here: Quick How-to Guide For New Muslims

7) now, i cant fast, i am a big guy but due to my eating habits and other limitations i fell sick and loose my weight rapidly if i fast even tho i Lift weight. so an i eat at month of Ramadan ?

Answer: fasting is reqyured. It is one of the 5 pillars of Islam. Fasting is very easy, you just need to get used to it. Its also healthy. Even athletes and team players fast  I suggest that you try it these days to get used to before ramadan comes.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be more than happy to assist you anyway I can :)

You may also want to browse these section:

new Muslims Q&A

non-Muslim Q&A

I've Just Reverted (Converted) to Islam

And by the way, I think you're already a Muslim, now that you said above "now i am sure that that there is not god but Allah(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is the messenger of Allah". But its better to say the declaration of faith in Arabic too. You can say it now, in the comfort of your room. Here is how :

• Like 1

Wa alaikum assalam

welcom.gif to Gawaher

I'm glad you decided to join us. I hope that you find your stay here at IF beneficial, as well as enjoyable, and inshaAllah we benefit from each other.

As we advise all new comers, please take a moment to read our Forum Rules. This will greatly enhance your understanding of this community, and ensures a smooth relation with everyone around here.

As a new member, you will notice a number of temporary limitations. Please read about them here:

New Members: Read This!

And now here is your welcome drink, on the house!

So sit back, and let me pour you a few glasses of freshly squeezed fruit juice!. Drink all you can.

post-1-1102388849.jpg

Thank you for such a warm welcome :)