Islamic Forum
maher5500

Is There Hope For My Cousin?

My cousin recently told me that he is depressed and has lost all hope in life. He cried and broke down and told me his story. So basically he had a lot of problems in life and he wasn't patient. He instead complained and got angry with Allah. Now he recently got afflicted with a much worse punishment and he is in severe regret. He wishes he could go back to his old hardship and be thankful and patient. But all the verses and hadith he read shows no hope for him to be forgiven and go to jannah. I'm really concerned about him and his condition. The verse below described him and he is in serious trouble. I don't know what to tell him. Please somebody give me advice. Thank you.<br />

<br />

And among mankind is he who worships Allah as it were, upon the very edge (i.e. in doubt); if good befalls him, he is content therewith; but if a trial befalls him, he turns back on his face (i.e. reverts back to disbelief after embracing Islam). He loses both this world and the Hereafter. That is the evident loss.}-

"Say: "O ‘Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy
of Allâh: verily, Allâh forgives all sins. Truly He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."
(Translation of the Quran, 39:53)

The Man Who Killed 99 People (Audio) by Dr. Saleh As-Saleh

http://www.understand-Islam.net/audio/H%20-%2004.%20An-Nawawi%20-%20Riyad%20As-Saaliheen/17-%20Riyaadus%20Saaliheen%20-%2020%20-%20The%20Man%20Who%20Killed%2099%20People.mp3

The greatest sin of all sins is shirk. Allah forgives all sins except shirk (after death). So, even if anyone commits shirk in this world and then sincerely repents, why would Allah, the Oft-Forgiving and Most Merciful not forgive them if they turn to Him sincerely in repetance? To lose hope in Allah, is to think bad about Him, because Allah has said about Himself that He is Forgiving and Merciful. So, your friend needs to learn the attributes of Allah, and also read the Quran and avoid such things that is lowering the imaan. Also make dua for himself. may Allah guide us all. Ameen.

"It is worse to be hopeless about the forgiveness of Allāh than to sin."  — Sh. Ṣāliḥ al-Fawzān Hafidhahullāh [إتحاف أهل الإيمان ٥٢٤]

"And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaitân (Satan), then seek refuge with Allâh. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All-Knower." (Translation of the Quran, 7:200)

Shaytaan Promised to Take As Many of Us Astray As He Could (Video) by Shaykh Ahmad Umar Bazmool

https://watchkin.com/e22b946c6a

Edited by loveModesty

"And those who, when they have committed Fâhishah (immorality, illegal sexual intercourse, etc) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allâh and ask forgiveness for their sins; - and none can forgive sins but Allâh - and do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know." (Translation of the Quran, 3:135)

Narrated Shaddâd bin Aus رضي الله عنه: The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said,

"The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is: Allâhumma anta Rabbî, lâ ilâha illâ Anta. Anta khalaqtanî wa ana ‘abduka, wa ana ‘alâ ‘ahdika wa wa‘dika mastata‘tu. A‘ûdhu bika min sharri ma sana‘tu, Abû’u laka bi ni‘matika ‘alaiya, wa abû’u laka bi dhanbi faghfirlî fa innahu lâ yaghfiru dhdhunûba illâ Anta ’" * The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم added: "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.8, Hadîth No.318).

* O Allah, You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise (to You) as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.

post-40822-0-16642500-1502930513.jpg

Edited by loveModesty