Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
parvez mushtaq

Sectarianism: Hadith on 73 sects compared to Quran Only view

Assalamualaikum Rahamatullahi Wabarakathu

A believer , as per quran verse 285 of surah baqra is
The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and [so have] the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, [saying], “We make no distinction between any of His messengers.” And they say, “We hear and we obey. [We seek] Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the [final] destination.”

As the last part of the ayah says he believes in Quran and he says samiAAna waataAAna ,We hear and we obey

Now our famous hadith

It was narrated from Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood among us and said: “Those who came before you of the people of the Book split into seventy-two sects, and this ummah will split into seventy-three: seventy-two in Hell and one in Paradise, and that is the jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims).”

And pl read the fatwa
http://islamqa.info/en/90112

The fatwa was given based on the hadith and not even a single reference was made to quran.It is evident that the fatwa was aimed to prove that Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah is the only saved group.But I see the above hadith immediately divides ummah into 73 factions, one that is saved and the others going to get doomed.

Now let me have a look at quranic verses about factions
Surah: 6   Aya: 159
Indeed, those who have divided their religion and become sects – you, [O Muhammad], are not [associated] with them in anything. Their affair is only
to Allah ; then He will inform them about what they used to do.

A clear and straight forward statement from quran.You don’t even have to derive a analogy (qiyas). Those who form sects they are not from the ummah of Prophet Mohammed slallahualaivasallam.If we say, we are one among 73 and we are the saved group you approve 73 sects and thus divided the religion which disassociate us from prophet Mohammed sallaahuwasallam.This is not my saying .This is what Quran says about the one who divides the ummah.I don’t know what kind of fatwa is this. This is ridiculous, lol they are even taking pride in dividing the religion of ALLAH and even not bothered to pay heed to this above ayah.They are even calling the other groups are the doomed one when Quran has the different story to tell

Let us see one more ayah from the quran
Surah: 20   Aya: 94
[Aaron] said, “O son of my mother, do not seize [me] by my beard or by my head. Indeed, I feared that you would say, ‘You caused division among the Children of Israel, and you did not observe [or await] my word.‘ ”

Another clear  statement from quran
If there is one sin which is more heinous than shrik, then it is nothing but one those who form sects.A prophet of ALLAH tolerating idol worship in order to avoid division and this fatwa boast on a hadith and the fatwa of scholars that they are the rightly guided one and they take the pride in dividing the ummah into 73 sets.This is the sunnah of quran.Can there be anything more authentic source than quran.I don’t know why scholars have omitted this ayah .why they cannot give fatwa based on this ayahs .I don’t know  what is stopping them to adhere this ayahs.

Now go back to original definition of a believer in verse 2.285
samiAAna waataAAna….are they doing this .

PropellerAds