Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
parvez mushtaq

Refutation :So called contradictions regarding iblees in verse 2.34 and verses 16.48-50

Assalamualaikum Rahamatullahi Wabrakathahu

According to the Christian missionaries:

About the angels: For NONE are arrogant (before their Lord). They ALL fear their Lord, high above them, and they do ALL they are commanded. — Sura 16:49-50

And behold, we said to the ANGELS: “Bow down to Adam”. And THEY bowed down, EXCEPT Iblis. He refused and was haughty. — Sura 2:34

The verse 2.34
And [mention] when We said to the angels, “Prostrate before Adam”; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.

Is a verse addressing about the creation of humanity and the basic episode for the existence of humans on earth

The chosen one was iblees as mention in the verses
Verse 7.16
[Satan] said, “Because You have put me in error, I will surely sit in wait for them on Your straight path.

And

Verse 15.39
[Iblees] said, “My Lord, because You have put me in error, I will surely make [disobedience] attractive to them on earth, and I will mislead them all

So by the will of ALLAH subhanavatala the obedience of iblees is to disobey the command  given to him by  ALLAH subahnavatala .By the will of ALLAH subahnavatala iblees became disobedient .

Now ,lets take the verses

Verse 16.48
Have they not considered what things Allah has created? Their shadows incline to the right and to the left, prostrating to Allah, while they are humble.

Verse 16.49
And to Allah prostrates whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth of creatures, and the angels [as well], and they are not arrogant.

Verse 16.50
They fear their Lord above them, and they do what they are commanded.

As per these verses , Sun must burn with immense  heat ,moon must reflect light ,earth must be a habitable .if we take creatures on earth ,all creatures does their  basic characteristics for which they were  designed .like wise , the basic characteristic of iblees is to deviate  people from the right path which he was/is obediently doing as on today .
So where is the contradiction here . iblees was obedient in verse 2.34 and he is obedient in verses 16.48-50 as well
can any one prove iblees has stopped deviating people.he is performing his job with utmost perfection
the most practical example for the obedience of iblees are the Christian missionaries who are propagating the false and illogical  lies about Quran   .can they deny it.

(1) The first type of guidance is that which is needed for welfare in this worldly life. This type of guidance is universal and is granted to all beings, living and otherwise: This includes the natural disposition that people have at birth to pursue what benefits them and refrain from what harms them. It also includes the guidance given to the young infant who, for example, knows how to suckle as his mother's breast. Prophet Moses عليه السلام said in response to being asked who was his Lord,

20_50.png

"He said, 'My Lord is He who gave to each thing its form and nature, then guided it aright.'" (Soorah Ta Ha, 20:50)

Al-Isfahaani رحمه الله points out that if a person does not have this type of guidance, which includes mental capacity, then he will not have the other types of guidance. In fact, he will not be held responsible for his actions in this life.

(2) The second type of guidance is only for men and the jinn i.e. creation that will be help accountable for its deeds. This guidance is always there and one is free to work for it or reject it. It is showing them what benefits them in a religious sense and, thus, concerning the Hereafter. For this purpose, clear signs have been shown, messengers have been sent and books have been revealed. This type of guidance is also offered to all of mankind, believers and disbelievers - the believers, of course, accept the guidance while the unbelievers do not. For example, Allaah سبحانه و تعالى says about the people of Thamood,

41_17.png

"And as for Thamood, We showed and made clear to them the Path of Truth, but they preferred blindness to guidance, so the Sa'iqah (a destructive awful cry, torment, hit, a thunderbolt) of disgracing torment seized them, because of what they used to earn." (Soorah Fussilat, 41:17)

This type of guidance may be "attributed" to the Qur'aan, the prophets or anyone who shows another what the straight path is.

(3) The third type of guidance is in reference to the placing of faith and guidance in the heart of the individual. This is something that can only be done by Allaah سبحانه و تعالى. This type of guidance is referred to in numerous places in the Qur'aan. For example, Allaah سبحانه و تعالى says,

18_17%20part.png

"He whom Allaah guides, he is the rightly guided. But for him whom He sends astray you will find no guiding friend to lead him [to the Straight Path]." (Soorah al-Kahf, 18:17)

(4) The fourth type of guidance is the guidance in the Hereafter or the guidance to the path to Paradise. Allaah سبحانه و تعالى says in the Qur'aan,

10_9.png

"Verily, those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, their Lord will guide them through their faith, under them will flow rivers in the Garden of Delight." (Soorah Yoonus, 10:9)

The last type of guidance is the result of following the second type of guidance, which can only be followed if one has been granted the blessing of the third type of guidance.

Note that of the different type of guidance, three of them come only from Allaah سبحانه و تعالى. That is, others may show the straight path and try to convince others to follow it but the other types of guidance are solely from Allaah سبحانه و تعالى alone. Therefore, any individual who has been blessed by Allaah سبحانه و تعالى to achieve those different types of guidance must be very thankful to Allaah سبحانه و تعالى for that great blessing.

In fact, even the other category of guidance originates with Allaah سبحانه و تعالى as He is the one who revealed the true guidance, like the Qur'aan. Without that revelation and Allaah's sending of messengers, that type of guidance would also be unknown to humans. Hence, Allaah سبحانه و تعالى must be praised and thanked for every type and aspect of guidance that there is in this world.

[Following the discussion of Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Tamiyyah رحمه الله: Majmoo' al-Fatawa, vol. 18, pp. 171-175 and ar-Raaghib al-Isfahaani رحمه الله, pp. 539ff, as quoted in Commentary on the Forty Hadeeth of Imam an-Nawawi رحمه الله, vol. 2, pp. 771-773]

http://www.muftisays.com/forums/12-virtues/8063-different-types-of-guidance.html

Allah knows best.

Assalamualikum Brother AT

no doubt it was absolutely a great article and those were a great people .with limited access to corpus they could give their utmost opinion .i would prefer your view point .this is a refuting non-muslim section .

The gist of my article was everything was/is from ALLAH subahnavatala .there was one more allegation with this so called contradiction  is whether iblees was a angle or not .i choose not to argue about that because it is immaterial

Wa alaikum assalam dear brother

Allah misguides the evil doers and those who reject the guidance brought to them by letting them follow the path they choose. Notice, also, that these are only the words of Satan who is just seeking excuses for his transgression by slandering that Almighty Allah misled him. Only the Satanic souls turn to these words due to the evident match!

One is free to obey Allah or not, he doesn't know the divine decree/qadar set for him. Yet, he knows Allah orders.

20 hours ago, Absolute truth said:

Wa alaikum assalam dear brother

Allah misguides the evil doers and those who reject the guidance brought to them by letting them follow the path they choose. Notice, also, that these are only the words of Satan who is just seeking excuses for his transgression by slandering that Almighty Allah misled him. Only the Satanic souls turn to these words due to the evident match!

One is free to obey Allah or not, he doesn't know the divine decree/qadar set for him. Yet, he knows Allah orders.

I have couple of question for you brother .you said it was the excuse given by satan .however , ALLAH subhanvatala made him to witness his new creation then he proved his new creation is better than them .ALLAH subhanvatala didn't mention about the excuse but on the other hand he gives the details about the formation of human race on the earth .

Verse 2.30

And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."

Note that the angels suggested ALLAH subhanavatala about the blood shed on earth(referring that human race was not the first abode for the earth ) ,finally ALLAH subhanavatala says "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."

After this verse

Verse 2.31

And He taught Adam the names - all of them. Then He showed them to the angels and said, "Inform Me of the names of these, if you are truthful."

Verse 2.32

They said, "Exalted are You; we have no knowledge except what You have taught us. Indeed, it is You who is the Knowing, the Wise."

Verse 2.33

He said, "O Adam, inform them of their names." And when he had informed them of their names, He said, "Did I not tell you that I know the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth? And I know what you reveal and what you have concealed."

Now the question is if the satan was obedient and had made the sujud to Adam Aliasalam then we might not be on the earth("Indeed, I know that which you do not know.") .So the basic episode for our existence on the earth  is in the

verse 2.34

And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers.

Do you have any other reasoning other than this with verses ,Brother

Edited by parvez mushtaq

Assalam alaikum

When Allah ordered him, he should simply obey, Not - out of arrogance- refuse to obey. When Allah orders you - human- to pray , you have 2 options

1- Pray

2- Ignore the command and claim: God misguided me.

In the second case, you don't know the qadar for you, but you take it as an excuse to disobey(Allah misguided you, true, but this is because of your arrogance.)

N.B: (I didn't mean you parvez )

5 hours ago, Absolute truth said:

Assalam alaikum

When Allah ordered him, he should simply obey, Not - out of arrogance- refuse to obey. When Allah orders you - human- to pray , you have 2 options

1- Pray

2- Ignore the command and claim: God misguided me.

In the second case, you don't know the qadar for you, but you take it as an excuse to disobey(Allah misguided you, true, but this is because of your arrogance.)

N.B: (I didn't mean you )

Greeen: Yes , i agree with you .it is the qadar which ALLAH subahnavatala ordains and execute

Blue : there is no exception among the humans .one time or other ,we disobey the command of ALLAH subhanavatala and hope for his mercy

• Like 1