Islamic Forum
eeps24

Alcohol Company

:D

i have friend, hes muslim, he works for a beer company, he knows its haram, i think he said hes leaving that job in like 2 weeks or 2 months i think , 1 or the other, he hates the company, before he leaves he wants to ruin there computers, he was telling me,, this alcohol company is getin very big, there geting more business etc...... he said he wants to take down the server so the company will lose alot of down time, money, etc..... now is that ok to do? i know vandamlism is wrong, but its a haram company to begin with..........whats the correct view?

PropellerAds

It will be better to take a scholarly opinion....

askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

also.... vandalising will not remove it completely.... they will rebuilt it... it will only be that they will incur some loss thats all...

but the monetary profit that they foresee is far greater from the loss incurred.. so its not advisable to bring them down like that...

instead it should be done with wisdom... like teaching the other people about the harms caused by the industry to the social and moral values...

and so on so forth....

but a scholar can better guide.....

Tell him not to do it....we should serve as an example to others and he should try and rid of it in other ways.....heres what Islam Q&A has to say about something similar...

Question :

They are building a nightclub in my community and we have tried to no avail to stop this. This will bring great immorality and corruption to our community, both to Muslims and non-Muslims. According to the shari'ah, is it allowed to destroy this place if no one is caught and the owner will lose all the money he invested in it. Is this an acceptable form of reducing evil as commanded in the Quran?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to our shaykh, Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak, who answered as follows:

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Let there arise out of you a group inviting to all that is good, enjoining al-Ma’ruf (Islamic monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbidding al-munkar (polytheism and all that Islam has forbidden)…� [Aal ‘Imraan 3:104].

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever of you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action against it], and if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out against it], and if he cannot, then with his heart [by feeling that it is wrong], and this is the weakest of faith.� (Reported by Muslim, no. 70).

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can…� [al-Taghaabun 64:16].

With regard to the evil thing that you mention in the question, you should try to change it or get rid of it as much as you can, so that you eliminate it or at least reduce it. This can be done by taking the matter to the people in authority who have the power to eliminate it or move it to another area, or by talking to the owner of the site and asking him to stop investing in evil which will only cause harm to him in this world and the next, and to invest in something that will be of benefit to him and the people living in the neighbourhood, without causing them any harm in either their spiritual or worldly affairs.

As for taking action by destroying the nightclub, as mentioned in the question, this is not permitted, even if the one who does this is sure he will not get caught. The evil resulting from such an action is too great, such as the destruction of property which is it not permissible to destroy, and the accusation and torture of innocent people that is bound to happen during the investigation of the incident. Moreover, the owners of the nightclub may not give up, and are most likely to try again to build the place. Beware, my zealous brother, of being too hasty to change evil things without thinking about the consequences. It is a good job that you asked this question so that matters might become clear to you, which they surely are now. And Allaah is the Guide to the Straight Path.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=2601&dgn=4"]Source[/url]

I don't think the ends justify the means in this case: There cannot be order from disorder (I'm quoting a friend)

asalaamu alaikum

You must strongly advise your friend not to do this. What kind of example would he be making. As muslims we need to teach by example in our actions. It is good thing that the brother has made the decision to leave that haram job, and he should make the reasons clear to his employer why he is leaving, and it is right to want to change or eliminate that which is fitnah or that which leads to it, and yes alcohol is a terrible detriment to society. Just think of all the bad car accidences it causes, but please, think of the consequences of taking the server down. If he brings down the server they most likely will just be able to restore a backup anyway in no time. If he is caught he could be prosecuted and maybe even go to jail, and the suffering this would cause to his family. Instead your friend could volunteer in helping and informing people on how bad alcohol is to the individual and society, and why it is haram and give a chance to maybe perform da'wa. There are many outlets to do this, and would make a difference even if just one person. This is how we will inshallah, one day rid society of evils such as this, and god willing we will.

Edited by Immaad

i have friend, hes muslim, he works for a beer company, he knows its haram, i think he said hes leaving that job in like 2 weeks or 2 months i think , 1 or the other, he hates the company, before he leaves he wants to ruin there computers, he was telling me,, this alcohol company is getin very big, there geting more business etc...... he said he wants to take down the server so the company will lose alot of down time, money, etc..... now is that ok to do? i know vandamlism is wrong, but its a haram company to begin with..........whats the correct view?

Wow. I guess that puts it in perspective just how willing Muslims are to sabotage something they dislike.

Good riddance.

wow,,,,,,,,this topic is pretty old :D he left the place already.....he didnt bring it down...... :D

PS: If your friend took the job, that's *HIS* responsibility. There's a lot of jobs that I could take, but I choose not to on account of morals. I would have to be going through some very rough times and have no other options for employment in order for me to take jobs like those, and if I did have to take those jobs, I'd appreciate the fact that they put food on the table and kept my electricity on, instead of plotting how I could cause the most damage I possibly could on my way out the door.

wow,,,,,,,,this topic is pretty old  :D he left the place already.....he didnt bring it down...... :D

salaam alaikum

:D wow akhi, it is, just read the date, should have read it the first time, well that is good news, :D