Islamic Forum
Paki Brother

Would You Let Your Husband Marry Again?

Would you let your husband marry another woman while he is married to you or would you marry a brother who is already has one or more wives?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you let your husband marry another woman while he is married to you or would you marry a brother who is already has one or more wives?

• I would let him marry again
    • I wouldn't let him marry again
    • I would marry a brother who already has only 1 wife
    • I would marry a brother who already has only 2 wives
    • I would marry a brother who already has 3 wives
    • I have no clue

:D

Just curious to see what the IF sisters' take on this topic is.

Explain reasons why as well please.

I forgot one option which is if you are already married to a brother who has another wife or wives.

Edited by Paki Brother

PropellerAds

My mom n cuzzin were talking about this a while back. They said that the husband doesnt need consent from the first wife but ofcourse he needs to tell the 2nd wife hes already married.

as salamualikum

yes i would happily...so long as he divorced me first. there is no way in hell id be in that kind of a relationship.

Maybe, if a sister was widowed etc. and could not take care of herself and her children.........just maybe, but it's not like he needs my consent.

aahh..I don't know...... :D

Sure why not? I would have a friend, and my kids would have some more bros and sis......

My father married 3 times and alhumdillah there are quiet a few of us, ranging into double figures and i love having a big family.

(i think maybe you should ask me again when am married inshallah) Maybe the answer will change (Allah knows best)

Although i must say i would never ever inshallah marry a bro thats already married. :D Just something about being second that bugs me hugely

Edited by resend

salam wa alikum,

sisters need to be more considerate. there is a larger number of muslim women then men, besides war decreases the males too. if you think your husbands are pious then sharing them wont be a bad, it;ll help prevent other sisters fall into the wrong hands,

Edited by slave

Salam

Him marry again? :D Why what is wrong with me?? :D

Don’t like the idea of a co-wife. :D

There are lots of practising educated sisters who are older than me. They'll be left on the "shelf".

Asalamu Alaykum

I wouldn’t mind…I mean the guy must me extremely patient, tolerating to allow himself to have more than one wife…so why not?! Let’s see how long he can take it ey? before he has a mental breakdown (w00t)

Why is it people are obsessed with marriage?! :D I wish I could get a break from it…but no :D …*sighs* ah well :D .

im not for it......

No, I don't think so. Trust me there is no shortage of guys out there. I think polygamy should have been dead by now, ahh let's wait a few more centuries.

Also, if you want to help a woman out (and I'm addressing the polygamy-loving guys here) then why do you look for the young, affluent, beautiful girls who wouldn't have trouble finding a husband instead of marrying an old, unattractive widow? :D :D

very interesting to read the sisters commments

No, I don't think so.  Trust me there is no shortage of guys out there. I think polygamy should have been dead by now, ahh let's wait a few more centuries.

Also, if you want to help a woman out (and I'm addressing the polygamy-loving guys here) then why do you look for the young, affluent, beautiful girls who wouldn't have trouble finding a husband instead of marrying an old, unattractive widow?  :D :D

EXACTLY RITE! im with you 100% sister muslimah ..........at the moment the population is fairly even anyway.

And for those sisters who think the guy doesnt need their consent................you dont have to stayed married to the loser either.

I wouldn't have trouble with it, muslim males have justice for it. But they have also responsibilities, like Jihad. I won't feel sympathy for man who thinks marrying the second wife in the situation of the world like this.

Also, if you want to help a woman out (and I'm addressing the polygamy-loving guys here) then why do you look for the young, affluent, beautiful girls who wouldn't have trouble finding a husband instead of marrying an old, unattractive widow?

Who are you talking about?

And for those sisters who think the guy doesnt need their consent................you dont have to stayed married to the loser either.

I think there was only one sister who said that and that was me :D

I'd actually prefer to be told b4 the guy married someone else. :D And the only way I would agree to something like that is if there was a sister who needed help. And I'm saying just maybe.

If he went for someone just 'cos they were younger and prettier than me, I'd kick him to the kirb! :D

(w00t)

Edited by sis Qassab

Guest amani

no i wouldnt

i think i would be enough to drive any husband up the wall if i need to B)

sunshinez idea is what i go for :D

very interesting to read the sisters commments

Lol you can say that again. Then again they are young, lets give em some time :D

What's so interesting about it? Watch out for sis maz guys, she really hates it. (w00t)

Edited by sis Qassab

Also, if you want to help a woman out (and I'm addressing the polygamy-loving guys here) then why do you look for the young, affluent, beautiful girls who wouldn't have trouble finding a husband instead of marrying an old, unattractive widow?

well the latter descriptive word is the reason, :D

Asalaamualaikum

in total honesty, i would be really jealous if he got married again, HOWEVER it depends on the circumstances, i would definately let him remarry if iwas Allah swt forbid, unable to provide children or something like that, because that wouldn't be fair on him at all.

Who are you talking about?

Whom I'm talking about? I'm not talking about or to a certain person, but it was a general statement.

Anyway, contrary to what most supporters claim, polygamy is not there to help women in need, it is there for men to help themselves.

Slavery is dead, now we just have to wait for polygamy to suffer the same fate.

well the latter descriptive word is the reason,

Well, then you know that you're not a good candidate for polygamy.

Lol you can say that again.  Then again they are young, lets give em some time :D

Trust me, the older we get the more wiser, and a wise woman would never let another woman intrude on her turf.

Times changed, get with the program. Allah restricted polygamy and recommended monogamy for a reason.

Well, then you know that you're not a good candidate for polygamy.

just cos i wouldnt take an unattractive women to be my 2nd or 3rd wife dont make me a bad candidate for polygamy, honestly do you really think its fair for a guy to have an unattractive wife? its not fair on either party would you like your husband to think your unattracitve?

n total honesty, i would be really jealous if he got married again,

i notice this is a common characteristic of the females, but reasurance from the husband would be suffice wouldnt you agree?

wa salam,

Times changed, get with the program. Allah restricted polygamy and recommended monogamy for a reason.

and Allah allowed it for a reason too

Edited by slave