Islamic Forum
seven

Firefox Users, Read This!

asalamu alaikum

how to make your pages load loads faster (broadband users only)

1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:

network.http.pipelining

network.http.proxy.pipelining

network.http.pipelining.maxreq

ests

Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.

2. Alter the entries as follows:

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.proxy.pipeli

ing" to "true"

Set "network.http.pipelining.m

xrequests" to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.del

y" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.

If you're using a broadband connection you'll load pages 2-3 times faster now.

i dont use Firefox myself... so if one of you can try it out and see it if works...

PropellerAds

:D

Hmm, things DOES seem a bit faster, i will have to use it for a bit longer to see any major differences.

JazakAllah Bro for the info!!

Also, check out "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.moox.ws/tech/mozilla/firefox.htm"]Moox's optimized Firefox builds[/url], I use it instead of the normal build and it seems to be a bit faster.

YOOOOOO this is GANGSTA!!!

:D bro that did make it faster..

btw how do u figure out stuff like this :[##][/##]

Edited by Saffiya

asalamu alaikum

I still dont bother with Firefox, Internet Explorer is the best!

By the way sister, I didnt figure it out. Some one else told me. So, I knew loads of guys on here are using Firefox, why not help them out and get some quicker speed.

Tell me, you are NOT really from Huddersfield! :D

asalamu alaikum

I still dont bother with Firefox, Internet Explorer is the best!

By the way sister, I didnt figure it out. Some one else told me. So, I knew loads of guys on here are using Firefox, why not help them out and get some quicker speed.

Tell me, you are NOT really from Huddersfield! :D

Walikumasalam wa'rahmathulhai wa'barakathu

Oh .. well my IE doesnt work lol so I dont bother with it.

Yes I am from Huddersfield.. is that a bad thing ;s

asalamu alaikum

No no, not at all. More creepy I'd say. Now that I know there's someone else from Huddersfield on, I'm going to need to be more carefull around here. :D

I'm trying to think of all the Saffiya's I know, there isnt many and I dont think you are one of them. I hope not! :D

Get Internet Explorer, it's the best! There's rumors about a version 7 coming out, looking to put Firefox and all the other crap to shame! :D

asalamu alaikum

With SP2, there is also no pop up ads so there! Internet Explorer is still better!

No thanks, I'd rather not have spyware automatically run whenever I enter a website, have java pop up ads all over the place with NO WAY to block them, have to seperately download the "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]google[/url] toolbar just to not have popups, have to seperately download extra programs if I want cool extensions like adblock, flashblock, autoredirect, etc, and be stuck with the same boring skin.

Of course you can stick with IE if you want... I mean, who really needs to be popup and spyware free? :D

Edited by JannahJ

asalamu alaikum

Meh, sister since I've installed SP2, no pop ups, no ads! I didnt even get them before, hardly any! I dont go on 'them' sites.

You should try SP2 with Internet Explorer, it has the pop-up blocker bar too! :D

Many people say SP2 makes your machine goes nuts, for me, it's worked fine!

No thanks, I'd rather not have spyware automatically run whenever I enter a website, have java pop up ads all over the place with NO WAY to block them, have to seperately download the google toolbar just to not have popups, have to seperately download extra programs if I want cool extensions like adblock, flashblock, autoredirect, etc, and be stuck with the same boring skin.

Of course you can stick with IE if you want... I mean, who really needs to be popup and spyware free? :D

Yup.

Firefox > Internet Explorer :D

Yes, definitely there is an improvement in the speed the page downloads.

:D for posting the information.

Yup.

Firefox > Internet Explorer thumbsup.gif

I would put it as

firefox >>> IE ....lol...but

asalamu alaikum

I would put it as

firefox >>> IE ....lol...but

Get lost!

Wait till I.E 7 is out! :D There's rumors.

Yes iam waiting...when will that be-2006?..oh , i know its 2008...no,no its 2009..no thats when 'Longtime' gets released ...I hate MS Fanboys :D

Man,get a life even MS employees use firefox... :D

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.franklog(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/item/microsoft_uses_firefox_to_showse_new_msn"]MS uses firefox.....[/url]

So :D