Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dot

Closing Political Sections

:D

Dear members

We're currently evaluating some major changes to make in the coming days insha'Allah.

I thought I let you know, both to prepare you for these changes, and to get any feedback you may wish to give us before these changes take effect.

The political sections in our forum was started to give an outlet to people at the west, to understand our side of th story, and how unjustly and cruel Islam and Muslims are being treated in different parts of the world. We thought this may be helpful for both sides, Muslims and non Muslims, to understand each other. For Muslims, it serves to show them how the average everyday people in the west are not evil, and how the majority is always supportive of our rights, as Muslims, to live in dignity just like everyone else, being all brothers and sisters in humanity. And for people in the west, it serves to show them how Islam is far away from endorsing any terrorist group on earth, and how the majority of Muslims despise and reject all acts of terrorism or harming civilians anywhere in this world.

But the fact is, little of these goals where met. Many times Muslim youngsters were caught with blindful hatred toward non Muslims at large, some even showing support to acts of terrorism against civilians. Not only this behavior is a violation of all our "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]forum rules[/url], but more importantly, its un-Islamic, and gives Islam a bad name. Every Muslim knows how Islam is the most moderate of all religions, rejecting all sort of extremism and terrorism, and how we Muslims hate terrorist groups of all sorts and races. The fact that these terrorist groups claim to be Islamic, does not overshadow the fact that we Muslims are, just like you, victims of their inhumane acts of terror.

On the other hand, non Muslim members are sometimes to blame. When you belittle the sufferings Muslims are experiencing on the hands of occupation forces, and the humiliation they get everyday under the power of the gun, in their own homes and towns, this sometime provokes the feelings of the young Muslim, and discussions turn ugly and uncivilized, taking us far away from the benefits we wanted to deliver for both sides.

IF is mainly a place for dawah, to call for Islam, all our brothers and sisters in humanity. The way things turn to in political sections are not helping, and many times gives the wrong impression on Islam and its true peaceful and beautiful nature.

Therefore, its best if we bring the political sections back to where they used to be, a read only area, with news and articles from different international resources.

All comments are welcomed.

PropellerAds

I understand where you are coming from, its always the same thing, someone posts something, and the same thing is always said in discussions between muslims and non muslims.

But i think there should be a place to show the daily attrocities commited against muslims around the world, so that people may see what they are not shown on TV.

Dear Brother Dot.

I dont think closing the political section of then forum or Islam western diaglogue will solve problems or change peoples thinking. The ppl you talk about will just go elsewhere, and lose that opportunity to change.

Infact IF should give them the dawah on those very issues that are against Islamic princiciples such as indiscriminate killing of civillians muslim or non muslim. Perhaps if you feel the need, make these views clearly felt by PMing people you feel support the evil of terrorism and make them aware of the "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]forum rules[/url]. Hence doing some polite moderating on those issues. Remeber not all muslim groups indulge in these evils, on a very small minority and they get all the media attention. So try not to fall into their trap.

But at the same time IF should support the Jihad of the true mujhaideen throughout the world whereever they are. and this is part of Islam and yu cant run away from it.

You cannot cutt off worldy affairs, they are integral to the muslim mind, and how we feel today. Did not the Prophet saw say that he who wakes up in the morning and doe snot think of the affair of the muslim, is not of us?!!

So tell me why should we try n block the avenues of thinking, and debate regarding very important worldly issues, that are important o the fast growing revivalist Islamic movements throughout the world today. Pondering, contemplating experiencines and trends in society are actually part of developing ones intellect and body politik. Furthermore reading a bit of politics helps one to understand the power of rhetoric and media in todays society... amgonst many other things.. And the muslim becomes equipped and able to react to accusations and false "truths" flying about.

I hadmore to say.. but hope that made sense.

Edited by AbdulMajid

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

The new changes, regarding the political section, took place as of now, and an announcement has been issued here:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=7810"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=7810[/url]

Assalam Alaikum

I dont think this is a good decision at all , brother.

Therefore, its best if we bring the political sections back to where they used to be, a read only area, with news and articles from different international resources.

The political section was the place where you could refute false information from both sides by engaging in discussions. Now there will just be articles which could be full of rubbish posted on this site which people won't be able to challenge.

Every Muslim knows how Islam is the most moderate of all religions, rejecting all sort of extremism and terrorism, and how we Muslims hate terrorist groups of all sorts and races.

There are some groups which some may think are "terror" groups and some may disagree. The political discussions section allowed us to debate this and clear up issues and refute false propaganda that the western media has put across to the world.

The political section was also the place where we could support the mujahideen and speak for their cause.

I dont think the "problems"you suggested will go away ,they will just spread out amongst the other forums. Personally , i didn't see any problems with the political forum.

Assalam Alaikum

I dont think this is a good decision at all , brother.

The political section was the place where you could refute false information from both sides by engaging in discussions. Now there will just be articles which could be full of rubbish posted on this site which people won't be able to challenge.

There are some groups which some may think are "terror" groups and some may disagree. The political discussions section allowed us to debate this and clear up issues and refute false propaganda that the western media has put across to the world.

The political section was also the place where we could support the mujahideen and speak for their cause.

I agree with what bro Barayev that said. I have read amny ariticles by certain few members who outrightly support the war and r nothing but a mouthpice for Bush administartion. Are they goin to b aloowed to post thier articles without being challenged?

Personally , i didn't see any problems with the political forum.

political forum did have some discussions goin around in circles.

has ur site been hacked. Is that y u make many radical changes that don't permit opposing views to b spoken? Now is very difficult to follow conversation on this board with foreigners. I will not cum back much.

salamualikum,

Dot you have a point there are times where us muslims and non-muslims don't get along but us muslims should know best to overcome it and not get angry for Allah knows best.

But the fact is, little of these goals where met. Many times Muslim youngsters were caught with blindful hatred toward non Muslims at large, some even showing support to acts of terrorism against civilians. Not only this behavior is a violation of all our forum rules, but more importantly, its un-Islamic, and gives Islam a bad name. Every Muslim knows how Islam is the most moderate of all religions, rejecting all sort of extremism and terrorism, and how we Muslims hate terrorist groups of all sorts and races. The fact that these terrorist groups claim to be Islamic, does not overshadow the fact that we Muslims are, just like you, victims of their inhumane acts of terror.

Asalam Aleikum,

While i do agree with you, closing the forum wouldn't be a good idea. In this case, you need moderators, get some just for that forum and make sure that they know what to do. Closing that forum is a big disapointment.

Masalam

No brothers dont close the forum :D it wil be a jihad for us to Non Muslims!

thanks very much for your feedback.

The political forum is already closed several days ago. We moved some of the topics to either the news section or the articles section, before deletig the rest of the posts.