Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sis Qassab

What was the first ayat or surah

:D

Maybe a silly post but I took a chance and created it anyway

I don't know if everybody remembers this, but I sure hope some of you do.

Surat al baqara was the first surat that made me cry, I don't remember the ayat

unfortunately........

:w:

Edited by sis Qassab

PropellerAds

Sadly i have not cried, and i wish my iman was as strong as you and other muslim brother and sisters.

May Allah increase our Iman.

easy way to cry is watever is in ur heart just say it like if u sit down and u wanna cry for Allah ask Allah to make u cry and wat ever coming in ur mind just ask Allah for protection and if its good then ask Allah to grant u. in my opinion i think.jazakallah

Sadly i have not cried, and i wish my iman was as strong as you and other muslim brother and sisters.

May Allah increase our Iman.

Well brother you just have to work on it I think.....make some effort make du'ah to God.

Ameen to your du'ah.

asslamualaikum

some ayahs have really made me shiver, but that was once I had read the translation as I dont understand Arabic, but some books have really made me wake up to my deen.

Surah al-Qariah was a good wake up call for me

1. Al-Qariah (the striking Hour i.e. the Day of Resurrection),

2. What is the striking (Hour)?

3. And what will make you know what the striking (Hour) is?

4. It is a Day whereon mankind will be like moths scattered about,

5. And the mountains will be like carded wool,

6. Then as for him whose balance (of good deeds) will be heavy,

7. He will live a pleasant life (in Paradise).

8. But as for him whose balance (of good deeds) will be light,

9. He will have his home in Hawiyah (pit, i.e. Hell).

10. And what will make you know what it is?

11. (It is) a hot blazing Fire!

and also Surah al-Zalzalah

1. When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake.

2. And when the earth throws out its burdens,

3. And man will say: "What is the matter with it?"

4. That Day it will declare its information (about all what happened over it of good or evil).

5. Because your Lord has inspired it.

6. That Day mankind will proceed in scattered groups that they may be shown their deeds.

7. So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant), shall see it.

8. And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant), shall see it.

walaikumsalam, there are others which i shall post later i'A

U mean the last couple of verses of Surah Baqrah sis Qasab?

Yeh those made me cry also. and surah Ibrahim. These r the 2s i can remmeber most viivdly right now.

Actually I think it was somewhere in between the middle and the beginning of the surat........

But the last two ayats in the surat are mindblowing............. :D

Prophet Ibrahims AS prayer:

Rabij 'alni muqimassalati rabana wa taqabbal du'ah rabanaghfirli etc. made me cry...isn't it in surat Ibrahim?

Edited by sis Qassab

I have shivered to ALOT of Ayats.

However, one morning around 1 and 1/2 weeks ago I woke up for Fajr. It was Ramadan. There was still 5 minutes left for the beginning of Fajr, so I sat down on my bed and pulled out by Qu'ran Mp3. I proceeded to listen to Al-Qadr, because that's my favorite surah. It made me shiver before.

However, as I was listening, and it got up to the part:

"And Therein descend the angles and the Ruh at Allah's command."

"All that night, there is peace and goodness from Allah to his believing servants."

Once I read the peace and goodness part, I realized how kind and how gracious Allah really is. I thought "Allah loves us."

So, I felt two tears, one from each eye, drip down and fall on the MP3. And when i actually did it, it felt different. I can't explain it. Crying because of Allah is different from crying in other instances.

I have shivered to ALOT of Ayats.

However, one morning around 1 and 1/2 weeks ago I woke up for Fajr. It was Ramadan. There was still 5 minutes left for the beginning of Fajr, so I sat down on my bed and pulled out by Qu'ran Mp3. I proceeded to listen to Al-Qadr, because that's my favorite surah. It made me shiver before.

However, as I was listening, and it got up to the part:

"And Therein descend the angles and the Ruh at Allah's command."

"All that night, there is peace and goodness from Allah to his believing servants."

Once I read the peace and goodness part, I realized how kind and how gracious Allah really is. I thought "Allah loves us."

So, I felt two tears, one from each eye, drip down and fall on the MP3. And when i actually did it, it felt different. I can't explain it. Crying because of Allah is different from crying in other instances.

MashAllah

Those are the kinds of moments that I feel we should share with eachother. More of those please guys.

One of the best things to realise is how good and kind Allah SWT is to us.

Crying because of Allah SWT gives me hope, it lifts burndens from my shoulders....

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Surah Waaqi'ah (56) is powerful, rather than any single ayah. I first came across it at a qiyaam ul-layl when the brother next to me in the row was trying to hold back as it was being read, but couldn't manage it any longer, and started shaking and and sobbing... which set the imam off in weeping. I felt really bad cos I didn't understand what was being recited, so I asked a different bro what the surah was after the prayer. After reading the meaning, I understood why they had been weeping. If you listen to it -- especially if it's Mishary Rashed al-Efasy (you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bindex.php?section=echapters&recitor_id=10) -- it can be emotional. Read the meaning here if you want "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran.al-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Targama/dispTargam.asp?nType=1&t=eng&nSora=56&nAya=1&l=eng"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran.al-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Targama/dispTarg...56&nAya=1&l=eng[/url]

Surah Haaqqah (69) can also be quite emotive. The recording isn't too good at the beginning, but try Salah Bo Khater at "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bindex.php?section=echapters&recitor_id=93"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bindex.php?sec...s&recitor_id=93[/url] To read the meaning go to

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran.al-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Targama/DispTargam.asp?nType=1&nSeg=0&l=eng&nSora=69&nAya=1&t=eng"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran.al-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Targama/DispTarg...69&nAya=1&t=eng[/url]

Wassalaam.

Edited by borbus

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Surah Waaqi'ah (56) I think. The whole surah is powerful, rather than any single ayah. I first came across it at a qiyaam ul-layl when the brother next to me in the row was trying to hold back as it was being read, but couldn't manage it any longer, and started shaking and and sobbing... which set the imam off in weeping. I felt really bad cos I didn't understand what was being recited, so I asked a different bro what the surah was after the prayer. After reading the meaning, I understood why they had been weeping. So now when I listen to it -- especially if it's Mishary Rashed al-Efasy (you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bindex.php?section=echapters&recitor_id=10) -- it can get to me. Read the meaning here if you want "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran.al-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Targama/dispTargam.asp?nType=1&t=eng&nSora=56&nAya=1&l=eng"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran.al-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Targama/dispTarg...56&nAya=1&l=eng[/url]

Surah Haaqqah (69) can also be quite emotive. The recording isn't too good at the beginning, but try Salah Bo Khater at "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bindex.php?section=echapters&recitor_id=93"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.islamway(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bindex.php?sec...s&recitor_id=93[/url] To read the meaning go to

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran.al-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Targama/DispTargam.asp?nType=1&nSeg=0&l=eng&nSora=69&nAya=1&t=eng"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_quran.al-Islam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Targama/DispTarg...69&nAya=1&t=eng[/url]

Wassalaam.

Wow, the imam started weeping because of that brother? :D

Surat al waqi'ah really is something....it lifts up your spirits

Anyways jazza kalla khair for the links, too bad I can't listen to them 'cause my computer doesn't have sound....if it did I'd be getting high on sheikh M Jibrels recitation of surat Ibrahim right now........... :D

Edited by sis Qassab

salaam,

when i first opent the quran and readed surat al fatiha i cryd like i never cryd before. i felt so relieved that i could hold the quran that this is my religion and the best way of life and i was part of all that, it was not any kind of cry i didnt feel sad more happy and relieved that Allah had showt me the truth.

even now i cry all the time especially the parts about how much Allah loves us, sis qassab been sending me some beautiful Islamic info.

while i was crying my little boy was coming up to me and asking me why i was crying (the poor guy thought i had pain) and he was giving me loads off kisses this was so cute and made me cry even more.

but sometimes i also cry out off fear of Allah, sometimes i think do i do everything correct am i doing enough for Allah, am i a good mom , am i a good wife, but most off all am i a good muslim and only Allah can answer this.

omg i cry all the time!! :D

(soft heart :D )

Assalamu alaikum

Unfortunately, I do not always cry when I recite, and may Allah keep riya out of our hearts eternally, ameen. Here are a few that have made me cry when I was really pondering:

Al Haqqah:25 But as for him who will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: "I wish that I had not been given my Record!

26 "And that I had never known, how my Account is?

27 "I wish, would that it had been my end (death)!

28 "My wealth has not availed me,

29 "My power and arguments (to defend myself) have gone from me!"

30 (It will be said): "Seize him and fetter him,

31 Then throw him in the blazing Fire.

32 "Then fasten him with a chain whereof the length is seventy cubits!"

33 Verily, He used not to believe in Allah, the Most Great,

34 And urged not on the feeding of Al­Miskin (the poor),

35 So no friend has he here this Day,

36 Nor any food except filth from the washing of wounds,

37 None will eat except the Khati'un (sinners, disbelievers, polytheists, etc.). "

Al Munafiqun: 9 O you who believe! Let not your properties or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. And whosoever does that, then they are the losers.

10 And spend (in charity) of that with which We have provided you, before death comes to one of you and he says: "My Lord! If only You would give me respite for a little while (i.e. return to the worldly life), then I should give Sadaqah (i.e. Zakat) of my wealth , and be among the righteous [i.e. perform Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah)].

Al Kahf:49 And the Book (one's Record) will be placed (in the right hand for a believer in the Oneness of Allah, and in the left hand for a disbeliever in the Oneness of Allah), and you will see the Mujrimun (criminals, polytheists, sinners, etc.), fearful of that which is (recorded) therein. They will say: "Woe to us! What sort of Book is this that leaves neither a small thing nor a big thing, but has recorded it with numbers!" And they will find all that they did, placed before them, and your Lord treats no one with injustice.

The following haven't yet made me cry :D but develop Taqwa:

As Sajda: 15 Only those believe in Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), who, when they are reminded of them fall down prostrate, and glorify the Praises of their Lord, and they are not proud.

Ta ha:124 "But whosoever turns away from My Reminder (i.e. neither believes in this Qur'an nor acts on its orders, etc.) verily, for him is a life of hardship, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection."

125 He will say:"O my Lord! Why have you raised me up blind, while I had sight (before)."

126 (Allah) will say: "Like this, Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) came unto you, but you disregarded them (i.e. you left them, did not think deeply in them, and you turned away from them), and so this Day, you will be neglected (in the Hell-fire, away from Allah's Mercy)."

surat Yusuf...everytime i read it i can't help but let the tears flow down my cheeks.

and may Allah keep riya out of our hearts eternally, ameen.

Ameen, thumma ameen.

Surat Yusuf is great! :D

Edited by sis Qassab

Asalamu alaikoum

Masha'Allah another really nice thread. The first surah that made me cry was Surah Al -Rahman, especially:

37. When the sky is rent asunder and it becomes red like ointment

38. Then which of the favours of your lord will you deny?

39. On that day no question will be asked of man or jinn as to his sin,

40. Then which of the favours of your lord will you deny?

41. The sinners will be known by their marks and they will be seized by their forelocks and their feet.

42. Then which of the favours of your lord will you deny?

43. This is the Hell which sinners deny

44. In its midst and in the midst of boiling hot water will they wander round!

(Then it goes on to describe the Jannah, ........wow, what a contrast.) The whole surah gave me a lump in my throat but when i heard the ayahs above (describing the hellfire and human ungratefulness to our Creator Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) followed by the ayahs describing paradise.....it was all too much and i just couldnt stop myself from welling up.

It just made me feel so grateful for Allah's rahma towards me and how He has guided me along the straight path, may that continue insha'Allah, ameen.

Wa alaikumu salam :D

Asalamu alaikoum

Masha'Allah another really nice thread. The first surah that made me cry was Surah Al -Rahman, especially:

41. The sinners will be known by their marks and they will be seized by their forelocks and their feet.

43. This is the Hell which sinners deny

44. In its midst and in the midst of boiling hot water will they wander round!

(Then it goes on to describe the Jannah, ........wow, what a contrast.) The whole surah gave me a lump in my throat but when i heard the ayahs above (describing the hellfire and human ungratefulness to our Creator Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) followed by the ayahs describing paradise.....it was all too much and i just couldnt stop myself from welling up.

It just made me feel so grateful for Allah's rahma towards me and how He has guided me along the straight path, may that continue insha'Allah, ameen.

Wa alaikumu salam :D

Surat Yusuf is beautiful too, as is the beginning of surat Maryam........theres just so many i cant fit them all in!!!

:w: :D

The first surah that made me cry was Surah Al -Rahman, especially:

43. This is the Hell which sinners deny 44. In its midst and in the midst of boiling hot water will they wander round!

You are right, it is indeed very powerful.

Assalamu alaikum

interesting thread..I have forgotten most of it..but the verse I really really love is:

Surah Noor:35

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.

I like Surah Noor, Surah An-Nahl, Surah Rahman and Surah Mohammed (this is what I could think now but I am sure there are so many other verses too!)

I think it was surah ar-rahman...i was listening to it, and i just kinda broke down and wept, i guess. :D The same thing happened to me in my uncle's car, but i cant remember which surah. Hadiths make me cry too...I cant remember who narrated this hadith, or the exact wording, but it stated that Allah love most the tears shed for fear of Allah, and he who sheds a drop of blood in the path of Allah.

Edited by Afghan_Hijabi

:D '

I remeber the first time my eyes became teary over the thought of Allah was during the tarweeh prayers. The shiek was giving out a lecture and he said this one statement that just pentetrated my skin and touch my spirit and heart. it was "Even if no one on this world knows who you are, Allah will know who you are." The next time i cried over reading the quran was in 7 months.