Islamic Forum

I have recently reverted to Islam after spending monthes finding the real me.

I am a teenager living in the United States. I live in a unique family, one I used to be ashamed of. You see, my parents divorced when I was about 3 and I lived with my great grandmother until I was 6 and in kindergarten. Then I moved in to a new house with my mother. My mom is different from many because she is gay. When I was in fourth grade, my friends found out. I was too young to understand, but I didn't care. I was proud of my family (at the time being, I had 3 brothers and "stepmom") When they moved away, I was destroyed. For two blissful years, I had felt like a real kid. More people moved in and out of the house. I learned not to get close or care because sooner or later, they would move out, leaving me empty all over again. I got into a fight with one of them because she was abusing my dog. I never did speak to her on very civil terms.

In eighth grade, I was so confused. I didn't understand myself and hated me. I tried commiting suicide to get away from all the pain and issues that had developed. Fortunatly, someone I could trust saved me and I am very grateful for that. For the next to years, I spent them looking for my inner me, my way of life. I experimented with different religions, but kept getting discouraged because the were not me. I went from Catholic, to Jewish, to Unitarian, and New Age. For a while though I wasn't anything. Then I found Islam. I read and learned until I realized that I had found what I was looking for. I am so happy too.

I still have so much to learn, but I have friends to help me and teach.

I told two of my friends today, because I know I can trust them. I'm not sure if they fully understand, but inshallah, they will.

It is hard to describe what I am feeling because it is such a big mixture. I can tell you though, it is one of the greatest feelings I have felt and I know I will always feel it.

PropellerAds

Asalaamo aleykum sister :D

Subhanallah, what a life story !! :D So blessed you are to have found Islam ! How old are you ? Do you still have contact with your father also ? That is so confusing sis, all those people coming and leaving the house. I often see around me the "step-parent-relations" and the children involved. And when , in your case your step-"mom" and brothers also leaving....that is so sad! So do you still live with your mother ?

The experimenting sounds familiar :laugh: , though I didnot 'try out' that much, LOL. Only Catholicism and New Age/Sufism....

Isn't it wonderful how Allah Ta'ala guides people ? Subhanallah sis !

I often think it is brave, to revert after 9/11....I mean to say...there is all the negative publicity about Islam and Moslims...and then to break through that and open up for this lovely Deen, Mashallah !

You told that you have told two friends ...did you also tell your parents ? how did they react ?

May you never loose this overwhelming feeling about Islam , may you only grow more and more in it !!! sis :D

Inshallah you will learn so much here in this forum !!! Glad to meet you !!!!

waleykum assalaam, :D

Assalam-u-Alaikum

Welcome to Islam. May Allah always guid you and protect you.

nice story :-) i liked the "searching within" part. Really commendable.

take care

Assalamu alaikum

:D

Welcome to Islam sister dear.

And welcom to this community.

Masha'Allah what a brave Muslimah you are, may Allah protect you and guide you alwas to the true path, and bless you and give you peace and happiness in both worlds.

Sister, did you tell your mother? and how do you treat each other, now that you reverted? ...

Alhumdulillah sister, welcome to Islam, "May Allah (S.A.T) keep u on the straight path, and may He bless u with that happiness for ur whole life :D"

And i know the feeling of happiness u are talking about cuz there are two guys from my school, and my bestfriends, they reverted too alhumdulillah, my first bestfriend reverted last year, and my second bestfriend just reverted two days ago, and the happiness that they had man it was contagious seriously. :D

ameen to the dua's.

welcome to Islam sis. If you're ever feeling lonely know that we are all here for you and that Allah is nearer to us than your jugular vein.

May He keep you and all of us on the straight path :biggrin:

feel free to ask questions,

Assalam-u-Alaikum

Thank you to everyone for their support. I have yet to tell my mother about this, or my father. I cannot tell my father due to the fact that he is racist and I would be afraid to tell him or to hear his comments. I haven't told my mother yet because I'm not sure she would understand. I do not like to tell my parents about things but rather keep them to myself until I feel comfortable to share, which is usually with my friends because they are more open and understanding. My one friend I told is a devoted Christian so she keeps asking me why? I tell her because I have found the right religion. She tells me I should have talked to her first, though it would be to get me to be Christian. but I tried that and it didn't fit. So, other wise she was supportive and likes to talk to me about it.

Dear sister,

reading what you have gone through and finding Islam, makes me thankful that I am a born muslim but was ashamed of not getting closer to Allah. Thank you for sharing.

salaam

Wow, amazing story. May Allah keep you and all of us on the straight path.

Asalaamu alaykum,

Mash'Allah sister, that is so amazing... :D You went through much difficulty, but now you are at ease. May Allah (swt) continue to guide you on the straight path.

Jazakallah for sharing your experience with us! i truly feel blessed to be part of the Ummah of our dear beloved prophet muhammed (s a w) and i hope that you will be encouraged to learn more about his character for he was the best example of a human being to ever walk this earth.

Asolamu Aleikum

mashallah sister, what a story! :D Welcome to Islam, and may Allah grant you Jannah. Ameen. :D

salaamualaikum

thank you for sharing your story with us. indeed Allah (SWT) guides whom He pleases to the straight path.

may Allah (SWT) give us all the ability to stay strong on this path.

AMEEN

wa alaikumusalaam

Assalam Alaikum'

I don’t normally get emotional, but sister your story made me cry, Subhan’Allah you have been through a lot and non-the less you still searched for the truth. Am so glad that you have chosen Islam as your religion, and may Allah keep guiding you:) :D

Assalam alaikum,

Welcome!!!

May Allah protect you and strengthen your faith.

It was a long journey!!! WOW.

Indeed, Allah is the most merciful!!!!

mashallah sister!

im soooo happy for you.....i understand how u feel- im also a converted muslim.....

and my parents also dont know about my new religion- i know they couldnt understand really.....

my friends also know, but they dont understand it at all....

but never mind.....im the happiest ever....

and i hope the same for you too.....Islam really brings strength and security....

i believe it will protect u from all troubles....inshallah

wonderful how Allah keeps care for all of us.... :D ..

take care sister....