Islamic Forum
Crystal Eyes

Islam in England

PropellerAds

experiances people have living in england as a muslim vary on where you are, i live in leeds were many muslims live and in a prodominantley jewish area to. But besides all that i can practise freely i havnt experianced a racist incident yet however thats not to say i feel comfortable in living here.

HOWEVER i want to raise this issue, I regularly go to the UAE as i have some family living there that moved from iraq now as many of you may be aware but now the UAE has become extremly westernised, now every year I go I feel like my identity as a muslim is being robbed and i feel less and less proud to be in a muslim country, many of my reletives their feel the same way and i incresingly see less Islam within the country eg more girls in tight clothes etc.

Now this made me think that Im pretty lucky having to live in britain and become more of a religious minority as it has made me stand out and want to be different and subhana Allah made me stronger in my deen!

What i want to know is how come there where a lot of Muslim protests in London over the mohammed cartoons by extremist muslims calling for people to be killed who disagree with Islam. the moderate muslims had a protest against it as well but no muslims protested against the london bombings what is going on in Islam?

Guest amani
What i want to know is how come there where a lot of Muslim protests in London over the mohammed cartoons by extremist muslims calling for people to be killed who disagree with Islam. the moderate muslims had a protest against it as well but no muslims protested against the london bombings what is going on in Islam?

Hello

actually although muslims didnt protest it doesnt mean we didnt speak against it. like the moderate march to be honest. there were more muslims in the moderate march against the cartoons that muslims in the march shouting for death. which got loads of publicity?

alothugh muslims arent perfect i believe some of this lies in the blame of the media. after all they need to seel their stories and which would sell better? a small group of muslims shouting death or a large group of muslims peacefully protesting?

Assalamu alaykum wr

Well our beloved Prophet was insulted (via the cartoons), we felt we had to stop this insult, therefore we protested. I was amongst the sisters who was protested, i saw hundreds and thousands that day, Alhamdulillah all seemed quite "moderate" and peaceful to me. We Muslims felt we could not just sit there and let the Prophet :D be insulted, we had to speak out aginast this wrongdoing, as Muslims normally speak out and should speak out against any wrong doing.

Why would we want to protest against the London Bombings? I dont understand. Of course killing any innocent civillian is wrong, but perhaps dear purplerain, you have misinterpretated something, i think you have. But you see the media is a very MANIPULATIVE Force/institution, whatever you may call it. I think they have biased the story of the London Bombings, such wide exposure that they were Muslims, trying to single them out from the rest of soceity? why? Why is there a need to do this?

What is going in Islam you ask? We, the ummah (Muslim population) are being attacked left, right and centre, from Palestine, to Pakistan and many other countries. Countries are waging war with us, because we do not conform to their views, or we want our occupied land and so fourth. There is war going on, many wars in fact, between Muslims and the non-muslims. We need to defend ourselves, be it by weapon or hand. i think the Media is viewing this DEFENCE as wrong and exaggerating it. They are using the power they have possessed/accumulated to wreak HAVOC in the world. We are therefore defending ourselves, our properties, our land, our people, and i feel the media is either deliberatley interpretating/reporting such an issue wrong. If it were non-muslims who needed to defend themselves, wold the media exaggerate and lie in thier case? Think about it, it feels like the meida is influencing disunity in the world amongst muslims and non-muslims, trying to divorce us from the main soceity.That is what i believe is going on. Hope it answers your question.

Wa alaykumus salam wr

(edit:spelling errors)

Assalamu alaykum wr

Well our beloved Prophet was insulted (via the cartoons), we felt we had to stop this insult, therefore we protested. I was amongst the sisters who was protested, i saw hundreds and thousands that day, Alhamdulillah all seemed quite "moderate" and peaceful to me. We Muslims felt we could not just sit there and let the Prophet :D be insulted, we had to speak out aginast this wrongdoing, as Muslims normally speak out and should speak out against any wrong doing.

Why would we want to protest against the London Bombings? I dont understand. Of course killing any innocent civillian is wrong, but perhaps dear purplerain, you have misinterpretated something, i think you have. But you see the media is a very MANIPULATIVE Force/institution, whatever you may call it. I think they have biased the story of the London Bombings, such wide exposure that they were Muslims, trying to single them out from the rest of soceity? why? Why is there a need to do this?

What is going in Islam you ask? We, the ummah (Muslim population) are being attacked left, right and centre, from Palestine, to Pakistan and many other countries. Countries are waging war with us, because we do not conform to their views, or we want our occupied land and so fourth. There is war going on, many wars in fact, between Muslims and the non-muslims. We need to defend ourselves, be it by weapon or hand. i think the Media is viewing this DEFENCE as wrong and exaggerating it. They are using the power they have possessed/accumulated to wreak HAVOC in the world. We are therefore defending ourselves, our properties, our land, our people, and i feel the media is either deliberatley interpretating/reporting such an issue wrong. If it were non-muslims who needed to defend themselves, wold the media exaggerate and lie in thier case? Think about it, it feels like the meida is influencing disunity in the world amongst muslims and non-muslims, trying to divorce us from the main soceity.That is what i believe is going on. Hope it answers your question.

Wa alaykumus salam wr

(edit:spelling errors)

Sorry i do not understand what you mean. There is a big difference between an insult and murder. You have the protest if you want in fact it is a sign of living in a free country. I find your question why would we want to protest against the London bombings a bit worrying. I really don't know why Muslims get so upset over an insult if we all behaved like that there would be protests 24/7 if somebody insults my beliefs i would not even think twice about it everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All religious beliefs must be challenged. So are you telling me that your Muslim beliefs are above everybody else's beliefs and are the only beliefs that cannot be challenged?

Assalamu alaykum wr

what don't you understand? which bit and i'll explain.

Well about the London Bomvings, it may sound worrying, but i am confused over why we would want to protest over them? What is the specific reason? i am not opposing it, simply jusy curious.

Yh that is actually a good point about remaining patient when we are insulted, insha'Allah will bear it in mind.

And why do you want religious beliefs changed? Islam is not just for the Brits in this country but for the whole of mankind. It is NOT Islamic that needs changing, the pepole need EDUCATED> and am sure a whole load of people agree with me. People need to be educated properly and objectively, that is the problem i think.

No i did not say my beliefs are above anyone else's, i think you have MISINTERPRETATED my post. But what us Muslims do belive is that Islam is the Haqq (truth) for the whole of mankind.

Wa alaykumus salam wr

Hello

actually although muslims didnt protest it doesnt mean we didnt speak against it. like the moderate march to be honest. there were more muslims in the moderate march against the cartoons that muslims in the march shouting for death. which got loads of publicity?

alothugh muslims arent perfect i believe some of this lies in the blame of the media. after all they need to seel their stories and which would sell better? a small group of muslims shouting death or a large group of muslims peacefully protesting?

The march shouting for death of course it is going to get a lot of publicity because of 7/7 it was not about selling stories the press in England are not biased towards government or any religion if the way i seeit is that they attack government more than anything else.

Assalamu alaykum wr

what don't you understand? which bit and i'll explain.

Well about the London Bomvings, it may sound worrying, but i am confused over why we would want to protest over them? What is the specific reason? i am not opposing it, simply jusy curious.

Yh that is actually a good point about remaining patient when we are insulted, insha'Allah will bear it in mind.

And why do you want religious beliefs changed? Islam is not just for the Brits in this country but for the whole of mankind. It is NOT Islamic that needs changing, the pepole need EDUCATED> and am sure a whole load of people agree with me. People need to be educated properly and objectively, that is the problem i think.

No i did not say my beliefs are above anyone else's, i think you have MISINTERPRETATED my post. But what us Muslims do belive is that Islam is the Haqq (truth) for the whole of mankind.

Wa alaykumus salam wr

I do not understand why you would not want to protest over the london bombings because it is done in the name of Islam. There are a lot of people who know nothing about Islam and if they see protests about cartoons and not murder then it does not do the peace loving muslims any favours.

I did say i wanted religious beliefs changed i said challenged. And this goes for any belief or idea whether it is religious or not. Every idea needs to be tested.

If muslims believe that Islam is the truth for mankind thats fine, other people do not believe it is truth for a lot of different reasons.

Religious and non religious people need to live in peace.

Guest amani
The march shouting for death of course it is going to get a lot of publicity because of 7/7 it was not about selling stories the press in England are not biased towards government or any religion if the way i seeit is that they attack government more than anything else.

Hello

well i see extremist muslims and people like the BNP as two sides of the same coin :D

Hello

well i see extremist muslims and people like the BNP as two sides of the same coin :D

[/quote

I agree with you.

But people who kill because of religious faith are worse.

Assalamu alaykum

Well i think people did protest over the london bombings right? I can't remember. Well i could not persoanlly come an protest cause i was not in the vicinity to do so, perhaps people did protest and the media did not broadcast it.

yes i understand every idea needs to be tested, and that we need to live in peace. Where are you based by the way purplerain? What part of England? Cause each part has a different muslim society, some are close others are not, some interact others don't. Also, how do you propse to "test" Islam? Talking to ordinary Muslims will not necessary be enough i believe.

BNP are another story! They should be banned from Englans really after all the hassle they have causes, disunity amongst our fellow people, sad really. Extremist Muslims, can we really call them Muslims if they do acts that contradict the teachings of Islaam??

May Allah guide the muslims and the non-muslims to the right path! Ameen

W/salam

Anyone who kills is bad really, but yh doing it in the name of a faith puts the belivers of that faith at risk and more hassle for them really.

Assalamu alaykum

Well i think people did protest over the london bombings right? I can't remember. Well i could not persoanlly come an protest cause i was not in the vicinity to do so, perhaps people did protest and the media did not broadcast it.

yes i understand every idea needs to be tested, and that we need to live in peace. Where are you based by the way purplerain? What part of England? Cause each part has a different muslim society, some are close others are not, some interact others don't. Also, how do you propse to "test" Islam? Talking to ordinary Muslims will not necessary be enough i believe.

BNP are another story! They should be banned from Englans really after all the hassle they have causes, disunity amongst our fellow people, sad really. Extremist Muslims, can we really call them Muslims if they do acts that contradict the teachings of Islaam??

May Allah guide the muslims and the non-muslims to the right path! Ameen

W/salam

They did not protest as much as they did regarding the cartoons. I did feel sorry for the peace loving muslims as the terrorists are not making life any easier for them. I live in London and i do have a few muslim friends that i work with. I test all ideas the same way i look at why people believe it and why people do not belive it and then i would make my mind up based on the evidence that i found. I have already made my mind up concerning religion.

I do not believe in any god , and i do not have a problem with people who have faith as long as they are not harming anyone because of their faith. :D

Peace and :D to the others

Yes well terrorism existed long before 9/11, but the media seem to make it out like its a new phenomenon. Seems like a rational idea, but would you not like to know why your on this earth and who created the beautiful things around you, with such complexities??

How is Islam then people, in other parts of England? Would like to know, where is it easy to practise, difficult and etc??

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatahu

Yeah.... i'm fish & chips right here. :D

Islam in Britain? Hmmmmm.....

Well, in my area the Islamic community is really good. We can organise Islamic talks and venets with ease. The non-Muslims in my area are very polite. Especially the old people! :D

But obviously there are bad sides to every country.

Fi aman Allah

Isam in my area,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

"What is Islam again" or "Islam,whats that?",

is the kinda like attitude in my area from Muslims and Non-muslims round me.

It is like Islam doesn't exist in my area.

Islam is very hard to follow in my area.

I feel so alone and lonely sometimes due to this problem. :D

:D

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

I do not understand why you would not want to protest over the london bombings because it is done in the name of Islam.

Do christians protest everytime an abortion clinic is bombed by christian fanatics? Enough said.

Peace

Isam in my area,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

"What is Islam again" or "Islam,whats that?",

is the kinda like attitude in my area from Muslims and Non-muslims round me.

It is like Islam doesn't exist in my area.

Islam is very hard to follow in my area.

I feel so alone and lonely sometimes due to this problem. :D

I pray this reaches you in the best of health and Iman

Oh akhee I feel bad for you, but in a way you are lucky. Think about it. You have so much potential reward for da'wah! We are all lucky actually. Every where we turn there are people who know little about Islam. How many non-Muslims know what Islam is really about? But so few of us take hold of thos opportunity. :D

Fi aman Allah

i'm from england but dont class myself as a brit just a muslim

I am no moslem but feel feel I must respond to this posting.

This is typical of the type of thing that is bit by bit winding up tension between moslems and indigenous English/Anglo saxon people.

Many of us are proud of our heritage. A heritage forged by many generations of our fore fathers, for the good of their children and their childrens children. That heritage and our nation, we hold very dear. Now, with so many "forigners" in our midst, either newly arrived or the off spring of, openly preaching that they put that which is so close to the English a poor second to an alien religion to these shores we quite rightly feel under threat from "an enemy within".

This is no theat, but if their are"fireworks", then we indigenous people of England can hardly be held responsible, can we. After all, we are the ones rightly defending our homeland .

Peace be upon you ^^

Im sorry, but you have totally lost me. I do not understand what you are talking about.

Though i have one point. So what if "foreigners" come into this country? After all, UK is part of the EU, where members of such countries can go to and fro for particular reasons (medical, work etc). Why is this such a problem? We hear and see on the media about how "foreigners" are destroying britain what with more crime, but we dont hear about all those English people in Villa's in places like spain. Slowly taking over those parts. Doing God knows what. UK is a multi cultural and multi faith country, at least most parts are (like Birmingham, London, Manchester, Leeds etc).

Perhaps you could rephrase your paragraph Thor?

Peace be upon you ^^

Im sorry, but you have totally lost me. I do not understand what you are talking about.

Though i have one point. So what if "foreigners" come into this country? After all, UK is part of the EU, where members of such countries can go to and fro for particular reasons (medical, work etc). Why is this such a problem? We hear and see on the media about how "foreigners" are destroying britain what with more crime, but we dont hear about all those English people in Villa's in places like spain. Slowly taking over those parts. Doing God knows what. UK is a multi cultural and multi faith country, at least most parts are (like Birmingham, London, Manchester, Leeds etc).

Perhaps you could rephrase your paragraph Thor?

Soorry if I lost you...It was late....I was tired.........

I suppose what I was trying to say was this. Many people I meet in my work (and I meet a lot as i travel a lot) are increasingly angry with the way England is changing, a change that is clearly being forced, at great speed, against the will of the vast majority of English (by "English" I meen the English race, or the idigenous race) people. Now this in itself is not the fault of any particular ethnic group. More the work of our own people in government who appear to be consumed with self hate and are hell bent on a single agenda. Namely that of cosigning England and the English to oblivion. But that is a seperate issue. The result though is what most people see. Of the many sore points the top seem to be this. The English people tolerate a lot of things and accomodate many, many different reigions/cultures alien to these shores but of the many hundreds that these number only one seems to be totally odds with their hosts...Islam. we hear that there are those amongst you that want their own laws put in place as the laws of this land are not acceptable. There are those that openly state that they are working towards the day that the flag of Islam flys over downing street. There are demands for seperate schools. etc etc etc etc. Clearly England doesnt suit everybody but most accept England for what it is and out of respect for their hosts, do what they can to become Anglicized. BUT NOT MOSLEMS....WHY? Either, Most cant be bothered to move to a land where they would feel comfortable (Pakistan for instance, a land a lot of second and third generation pakistanis still refer to as home...bizzarly!!) Knowing how good theyve actually got it here. Or there is something far more insidious afoot here. That of usurping the English from our own land or attempting to force Islam on us.

Guest amani

Hi

before answering id like to say have you seen any muslim that has attempted to force Islam upon you? i have seen more and more muslims getting within british society, and to be honest when i read the press i find things that are supposedly Islamic that ive never heard of! and im not ignorant with regards to Islam!

wait!....whales is part of U.K not England...where are all the geography genius when you need them?! :D

w/s

This is going to be totally off topic, but the Statute of Rhuddlan and other acts of parliament way back when made England and Wales one country, as England. (Later, England & Wales). so yes, Wales IS part of England, but England ceased to exist as a sovereign state in 1701 when an Act of Union was passed making the Kingdom of Great Britain. in 1800s Ireland was then annexed until the 1920s when the Irish Free State (now the Republic of Ireland or Eire) left the Union leaving us with Ulster!

Anyway... why aren't the England, Scotland and Wales (and maybe Northern Ireland) topics merged for correctness?

Guest amani

Hi

if i recall correctly its because the scots wanted their own thread as did the welsh. the english were willing to share :D :D im joking, i havent a clue why :D