Islamic Forum
Crystal Eyes

Islam in England

:sl:

however London being full of ####neys is bad enough and Manchester they're way too violent... i know im making generalisations but they're pretty accurate eh

Just cause a few people are violent in Manchester,doesn't mean the whole place is like that is it?

There is violent people in other places aswell,even birmingham.Still I would never go as far as saying birmingham is violent!

i know sis, also londoners and manchesterians are arrogant

Again here brother,just cause a few people are arrogant,why give the "arrogant" label to the majority?When only a very small minority are involved?

Don't be narrow minded bro.

Hope you get my point. :j:

Inshallah u do.

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

PropellerAds

of course i get your point brother, why you lot getting so serious for?

hmmm, did you know jealousy is wrong brothers and sisters...

Birmingham is a lot better than manchy or londy

:j:

Hehe wasn't intended to be "serious" just informative. :D

:no: for understanding bro. :D

Btw I'm going Birmingham Uni this oct,soo--- :D

London too much traffic. :sl:

Brother i tell you what happened the last time i went to london...

I got lost, i was with my wife and we drove around for three hours trying to find ANY motorway to get back to birmingham. After a long time i saw a police van so i thought i'd ask them directions. I pulled up behind them got out the car and went to ask directions, they jumped out the van and started asking me al sorts of questions. basically they where looking for an IC4 male, height 6ft wearing a black leather jacket, blue jeans and white trainers... exactly what i was wearing. they then asked me where i nicked the car from and why am i hiding my identity, i told them that if they let me go to the car i have my wallet in the glovebox with my driving licence in it. after lots of arguing they let me go and gave me the wrong directions. I then found a chip shop with the halal logo (at 3am) so i thought excellent food time. i pulled up and told my wife to stay in the car while i get some food. i then looked at the trash walking about and told my wife to come with me. when we got in the chip shop some guy was starting a fight with the chip shop man because he didnt have enough mayonaise. If it was Brum i would have interviened but i thought forget it. we got back in the car and we havent been back since. its been nearly two years now.

nice story eh;

Peace shaid,

Do you work for the Brummy tourist board or something? :sl:

You're kidding yourself though, Glasgow's the place to be! More rain than the monsoon season in Burma, more sunbeds than Liverpool, more neds (chavs) than Manchester, more pubs than Dublin and Belfast put together, a GDP per capita lower than Bucharest, beautiful local accent, overcast 90% of the year and a skyline of a (budget conscious) 1960's architects dreams!

All the same I love it, I'd rather be king of the dungheap than a palace servant...

AOA

once again, each city has its benefits and weaknesses.

Much of the Asian community do feel that Bham is the best because of the "strong" links within the generations.

Hmm deffo, London is very big and you can easily get lost if you do not know where you're going. But they have good info support.

bah - there is no UK city to touch brighton. Beaches, 2 uni's, loads of sub-cultures, humongous numbers of europeans in summer, great clubs, yet not too large to be able to cycle across in under 20mins. All we have to do down here is figure out a way to make the londoners head northwards for their day breaks...

hey shaid, perhaps you could take over b'ams tourist promotion? :sl:

peace and love. :sl:

bah - there is no UK city to touch brighton. Beaches, 2 uni's, loads of sub-cultures, humongous numbers of europeans in summer, great clubs, yet not too large to be able to cycle across in under 20mins. All we have to do down here is figure out a way to make the londoners head northwards for their day breaks...

hey shaid, perhaps you could take over b'ams tourist promotion? :j:

peace and love. :sl:

:no:

Isnt Brighton also the uk 'capital' for Homosexuals? :D

Whats the Muslim community down there like? :sl:

Salamzzzz! LOL this topic is so random man, anyway, im from B'ham, and i tell ya striaght. FIRST UP, SMALL HEATH IS HOME! so, dont say its some kinda inconvicience :sl: Secondly! Alum Rock has nice food shops! Thridly...What on Earth's the difference outta all the English cities, they're all the same lol, pointless 'debate' man.

And to the Bro a few posts ago...the middle east is in trouble for a lot of reasons, mainly a lot of interferences from other groups of people, and even internal problems. The main fall was when the purer Islamic people were lost into the changing society over there many years ago. Crusades weakened it, and also bad rulers who thought they were right all the time, even tho sometimes they were going against Islam. Most of the rulers back then were amazin tho mashAllah, just the odd few had to ruin it.

Because of some of these rules, tension grew...and then people came and took over slowly.

Anyway, back to England lol.

London's alright man, Manchester's violent...but ur actin like other places arent. Like i said, all the same man.

Mannnn, i just need to say this to us. The Ummah. We need to get our act together. Obv this is all for jokes, but i'll take this opportunity to say this...each and every one of us represents Islam. If we're gonna go ahead and defend ourselves but saying Muslims arent terrorists (obv), then we need to act the way we're supposed to. What im trying to say is just because ur not a terrorist (obv) doesnt mean ur helpin out the Ummah. We need to behave ourselves, accept others into out community, after all, most of us havent been in the country for over 100 years, so we cant just barge in and say Allah HU AKBAR or act weird in the streets (epeically eid day) without acting as good citizens and good Muslims. Think about this Bro's and Sis', manners is almost as important as prayers. Manners to all at all times, even if we dont like the person, not just in the Masjid.

Im not tryina kill the vibe here, just needed to at least have said that.

OKAYYYY, time to get back to talkin about Muslims in Homo areas :sl:...

Hi and respect to you

I know what you are saying but it was our silly goverment that wanted a war be it for oil, money or what ever Most of us did vote against it. I do feel for anyone being pressured or oppressed for whatever reason but i personally just feel if the Real Muslims were seen to be doing more against the terrorists calling themselves Muslims then it could be better. I for one do not read into what the papers/ TV says because i know they will twist anything for there own gain ( the goverment ) but also am very confused too. I dont have any religious beliefs at present but one day would love to believe there is more in the afterlife if only for my Sons sake. In coming to this forum i have seen a very different side to Islam they what im seeing n TV and its very nice to see. I just have to ask ( no disrespect intended ) if Islam is so peaceful why is the Middle East in such a bad way? I of course mean even before our stupid war was started? im sorry if this post is in the wrong area please feel free to move it to some where suitable

respect to you all

Vinnie

I've kinda done a reply up there lol, sorry ^^^. Just PM me if you need to know anything else?

Peace Bro.

actually, i think its even europe's gay capital! (but its also englands veggie capital!).

i don't really know what the communities here are like, but there was a large mobilisation of neighbours and friends to prevent a muslim man from being deported recently (i posted about it here), non-muslims btw. There are also local weekly anti-anti-immigration public meetings, which is a positive sign.

i also mentioned the beaches, clubs/music scene, sub-cultures and cosmopolitan flavour already though, right? :sl:

I'm from Birmingham, and I guess everyone else from b'ham summed the city up in this thread :sl: so what else can I say!

Soon I'll be in Birmingham inshallah. :j:

Edited by Aaqib Ahmed

Birmingham is awesome

Assalaamoe'alaykoum

I'm an ougt from belgium and i'll study in Enngland incha Allaah. Is here someone who live in Nottingham.... and who knows tha jamia al huda

(i'm sorry 4 my english :sl: but i can't speak it very well)

:sl: sister merem

Masha'Allaah sis, I know a few girls that went to Jamia Al Huda (they are not on this forum though unfortunately) but insha'Allaah you will settle in well and enjoy your studies.

Praise be to Allah (The Exalted and Glorified)

It is perhaps best to send your sister to a Muslim populated land to live with her father. You can try to teach her about Islam and how pre-marital relationships are haram (prohibited), by quoting Qur'an and hadith. For example, persons engaged in relationships outside of marriage are susceptible to punishment in the grave, being burned in an oven. If that works then Alhamdullah. And Allah Knows Best.

Hi all

Texting a friend is not allowed in Islam, are you sure.? Also you say 16 is " a very young age" to text a friend although your prophet married!! a girl 10 years younger than that, ( 6 years old ) i wonder what her family thought of that. why the double standards?. If your sure your sister is only talking/texting surely thats not a problem.

Also you say you "dont want to hit her" i cant believe you would even think of hitting a 16 year old child thats very out of order, how about giving her moral guidance rather than thinking of using violence?

Peace all

That subject matter was discussed here:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=75198"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=75198[/url]

Peace

Islam in England.

Its all good here, we have some very good muslims living in our community.

If your are a Muslim in England, thats good news......

did you know....

that if you perform what Allah wants you to whilst your surrounded by people offending you just because you are a muslim, or people who brain wash you and offer you to do the wrong things in life Allah awards you 50 points each, not just 10 points. Because this is a type of Jihad, and it is alot harder than already being around muslims who know. So keep a watch out..

Masalaama and peace out

Hi, i am also a british muslim, and i am proud of it, i do not think we should consider ourselves just muslims or just brits, we should be proud of who we ar, and Allah will be proud of us, inshallah

Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm a British Muslim. Anyone here from Colchester?

I have no idea where Colchester is.. I haven't even heard of it.. My geography must be pretty bad!! :sl:

Assalamu Alaikum,

It's in Essex, if you haven't heard of Essex I would be pretty worried! :sl: