Islamic Forum
Crystal Eyes

Islam in England

Assalamu Alaikum,

It's in Essex, if you haven't heard of Essex I would be pretty worried! :sl:

No sorry if you'd said Yorkshire would be great.

PropellerAds

My uncle lives in Yorkshire, been there about... Once. :sl: But it was great, I went to one of the quiet villages there. Makes Essex look like a dump :sl:

of course i get your point brother, why you lot getting so serious for?

hmmm, did you know jealousy is wrong brothers and sisters...

Birmingham is a lot better than manchy or londy

So why do you lot keep going on about Birmingham being the best, maybe you should know that boastfulness do yah no good either mate. :sl:

Your example of London not being a decent city is quite poor...

:sl:

Assalamu Alaikum,

It's in Essex, if you haven't heard of Essex I would be pretty worried! :sl:

Ohh Ok I know where Essex is.. :sl: Well I learnt something new this morning... Allhumdalillah!!

No sorry if you'd said Yorkshire would be great.

I live in west yorkshire.

Safety and peace be upon you.Ameen.

I have relatives in West Yorkshire, I'm not much of a regular visitor there as I used to be. I must admit though, there is a closely knit Muslim community in that area - for example Dewsbury.

:no:

I have relatives in West Yorkshire, I'm not much of a regular visitor there as I used to be. I must admit though, there is a closely knit Muslim community in that area - for example Dewsbury.

Yep thats true, i have also been to Dewsbury a couple of times. :sl:

I've been to Dewsbury once.. My cousins used to go the Madrasa there. MashaAllah there is a really nice close knit Muslim community there...

Guest amani

generally speaking dewsbury may be closed knit but it comes with a package. sometimes when its too closed knit its so filled with gossip too. but what can i say about dewsbury? well saville town is where you will find a lot of the muslims and youd hardly see non muslims there. right there is the markaz a pretty big building. a few masjids here and there and of course mullacos shopping lol.

Thanks amani for the details...you know, I never actually heard of Saville town, so I just googled it lol. Seems like a nice small town from the pictures I've seen.

Sis Libyan girl - I'm not from the southwest, neither have I been there. Would like to though one day - what is life like as a Muslim in the Southwest - it's near the coast, right?

Guest amani

you said you went to dewsbury but you didnt go to saville town? :sl: it is not a town its in dewsbury a popular place full of muslims :no:

Assalamu Alaikum, 2 of my sons did their last 2 years of Aalim Course in the Dewsbury Madressa.

Amani, you talked about the Markaz, did you know that the main hall in the Markaz where the main Yearly Ijtimaas take place, was designed by Br. Abdul Muqeet of Bangladesh, He was the Ameer of the Jamat in Bangla Desh, passed away in the late 90's. May Allah grant him Maghfirat and bless him with Jannatul Firdaus. What I wanted to say was it is a very very Huge Hall but there are no pillars in it al all.

I have'nt seen it but my boys and Husband have been there many times.

Salaams.

Nope, I've never been to Dewsbury...the only places in Yorkshire that I've been to are Bradford, Sheffield and Manchester. I have many friends in Dewsbury, some of which moved from Birmingham and settled there - their feedback of the town is pretty positive in terms of a Muslim community :sl:

I should visit some day.

Asalaamu Alaykum Brothers/Sisters

THE IslamIC GAMESHOW[using large font size is not allowed]

Win A Trip To Umrah!!!

Islam Channel is launching a brand new show in which every week we will be giving two lucky viewers the chance to go on the journey of umrah, free of charge!!!

The show, hosted by Jeff Mirza, is designed to give members of the Muslim Ummah in the UK the chance to experience Umrah which they otherwise would not be able to do.

As well as facilitating this journey, we are also educating viewers about the Holy Quran. We do this by teaching them in a fun and entertaining way InshaAllah..

To apply to be on this show, and have a chance of winning 2 free tickets to Umrah, simply email your interest to gameshow[at]islamchannel.tv, please include your name and contact telephone number in the email. Or call us on 07917 573188

{Moderator note}

This post has violated forum rule #4. Action taken.

For more details, please read our (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]Forum Rules[/url].

England is ok i guess. it has alot to offer- a decent education and i can practice Islam without harrassment! e.t.c.

If only :sl: England is one of the most racist countries going. Muslims get harassed for just being muslim all the time!

If only :sl: England is one of the most racist countries going. Muslims get harassed for just being muslim all the time!

I agree...

But alhamdoulilah at my sixth form we ave an ISOC so it all good

Asalamu alaykum!

whales is part of England? why did no one inform me this earlier?! when i might have needed it for my geography exam? :sl:

i'm kidding...i know whales is part of England :sl:

w/s

Uh...wales isn't part of England...it's part of the United Kingdom...not England...lol

Assalamu Alaikum, Now I am SUPER CONFUSED, I always thought that United Kingdom, Britain and England were all one and the same , Am I wrong, please corect me before I start melting with shame at my ignorance.

Salaam.

Assalamu Alaikum. Just to make sure everyone understands

Great Britian = England, Wales and Scotland

The United Kingdom = England, Wales, Scotland and NORTHERN Ireland

The British Isles = England, Wales, Scotland, IRELAND, Isle of Wight, Jersey, Geurnsey etc.

Hope that clarifies things for all of you. :sl:

I would differ with you on this , Brits are no more racist than those making the accusation . If anything , having left London for the US a few years back , it seems the reverse is true . Brits are being harrassed in their own country . If the Uk "was one of the most racists countries going " - YOU would not be there .

And tell me , how does the U.K. compare to your country of ancestry ?? And if you are a first or second generation immigrant , well your views are simply biased by your own negative quarter .

MAKKO

assalaamu alaykum,

peace be upon those who follow righteous guidance,

I've been to France... now that is on some whole next level of racism, especially as everyone pretends it doesnt exist and all equal in france.

But in the UK I've seen a lot of racism, both in and outside the Islamic community, more from non-muslims to lets be honest there are some jahil muslims out there who are racist also and they need to be corrected.

What I have seen in the UK is a lot of Islamophobia, I am white and from mixed English / Irish background (with a bit of Scots if you go back far enough) but I have come across plenty of abuse because of the way I dress and look, been spat at (usually by old people) and nearly been in fisty cufs enough times when confronting these idiots who hate and fear what they dont understand.

I like England, I was born here and I'm happy. Yeah there are problems but everyone faces problems all over the world. Just have to make use of what you already have and avoid trouble. I got free education, free healthcare, opportunity to build a good career, mosque down the road and so on. It would be nice to appreciate what we already have. I never faced any racism nor I have met any non-Muslims that held a grudge against me. I'm really lucky, I probably would not have even learnt how to read or write if my parents did not move countries.

From Manchester.

Racism does exist in England, but is in no way exclusive to England... the kind of racism I have seen is hidden and not visible to the eyes and ears. For example, Muslim brothers with beards and brothers & sisters with head covering... no matter how much more better they are compared to the competition, would stand little chance of getting the top jobs/promotions/selection for interviews. That's just a fact.

My ancestral country is even worse, even if you are the wrong shade of brown its detrimental to your career (what little chance of a career you have there actually).

My experience with Arab, mainly UAE, this racism is the worst... if you come from Europe and are not dark skinned you will get the top jobs... but if you come from Europe and have a background like me you will be largely ignored even though I may have better experience and knowledge.

People will do a lot better if they follow the fundamentals of Islam.