Islamic Forum
Crystal Eyes

Islam in England

PropellerAds
^^ lol why would you wanna blend in with the dirty air

Simple…not to attract attention…besides it is a lot scarier to your victims when you say ‘Boo!’ to someone when they can’t see you!! :D

Anyways I’m sure if a brother stumbled on this wonderful thread! They would not be pleased talking about female clothing….so lets move to something that can be discussed by both sexes.

lol like what? i cant think of anything!

Oh i know cars!!!

My dream car

A black citroen saxo

Tinted windows

Alloyed wheels

HEAVVVVVVY

:D  ^ erm.. Islam and England :P

:D

nope...she is getting carried away.

so my fellow brothers and sisters how is ramadan in your location this year?

:w:

Guest amani
Blacks r better, u tend to llok more *scary* in it!  dont like the flashy ones, cant understand why girls wear flashy jilbabs!

i wear a blue one or green one or red one and sometimes a bink one

nice to be different :D

Salaam

oops sorri,

red one

eeeewwwww :D so amani u gonna offer me a drink!!

so my fellow brothers and sisters how is ramadan in your location this year?

Alhamdulilah it's great, we're gonna have a ramadhan talk this sunday Insh'Allah, so all good in my area

Yes. Wales is a part of England. Always has been, always will be :D (that ought to annoy any Plaid Cymru types here!)

Asalamu alaykum!

whales is part of England? why did no one inform me this earlier?! when i might have needed it for my geography exam? :P

i'm kidding...i know whales is part of England :D

w/s

Technically Wales is not part of England - it is a seperate country with it's own flag, national anthem etc. However, it is not a Kingdom. In that respect it is an English principality, hence you will not find any reference to Wales on the Union Flag whereas England Scotland and Northern Ireland are all represented.

However, though English myself, I would urge you not to call Wales a part of England. You'll upset them...

Guest amani
Salaam

oops sorri,

red one

eeeewwwww :D so amani u gonna offer me a drink!!

lolzy im only joking

black rocks

B)

and it suits the english weather :D

i dont recognise you :P

and no you cant have a drink just yet because.........its not iftar yet :P

everyone knows wales is not part of england

i didn't know. it england & Great britian part confuses me all the time. some care to explain.

Guest amani

great britain consists of england ireland :D scotland and wales

so england is part of great britain..but it not the only part of GB

Tony Blair is the Prime Minister of Britain.. right? the what abt England, Ireland, Scotland & Wales... who r thier leaders, aren't they countries by themselves?

It was the British who Invaded India or was it just the English.

When all of u call yrself British.... u rnot neccesary from England ..interesting.

I feel so dumb & ignorant.

England is ok i guess. it has alot to offer- a decent education and i can practice Islam without harrassment! e.t.c.

asslamuaalikum

true sister strider alhamdulilah we can pratice it freely, though there are some ignorant people here and there which can cause you some problems, but the majority of people are understanding and considerate!

and most academic institues in areas where there is a predominant Muslim gathering provide prayer halls and such like...for example Manchester University.... :D ..alhamdulillah! they also allows Islamic Societies, for you to hand out leaflets and also have lectures on Islamic in the theatre rooms of the uni!

walaikumsalam

Tony Blair is the Prime Minister of Britain.. right? the what abt England, Ireland, Scotland & Wales... who r thier leaders, aren't they countries by themselves?

It was the British who Invaded India or was it just the English.

When all of u call yrself British.... u rnot neccesary from England ..interesting.

I feel so dumb & ignorant.

asslamualaikum

Let me explain if you will

Great Britain consists of

England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland

now the Republic of Ireland have their own country and dont like to be associated with GB to an extent, they also have their own Political parties, yes Tony Blair is the Prime Minister of GB, though Sctland have the Scottish National Party (though most voted Labour), Wales have their own (dont know what its called sorry) and Northern n republic have their own, I think one group is called Sinn Fein.

make sense??

now the BRITISH invaded India, as it was the British Empire

and yeah wen we call our self British its not just England, for example at the Olympics or in Tennis it is the GB team, not English..though it has to be said we have our own separtae National Football teams!

walaikumsalam

PS - Come on Ennggg-eeerrrrr-llaannddd!!

Brother, why don't you "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page4345.asp"]Get in touch with him yourself?![/url] :D :P

Actually, Tony Blir is the Prime minister of Great Britain - Wales, Scotland, England and NORTHERN Ireland.Wales, Scotland and northern ireland have "first ministers". These first ministers are the "leaders of the cabinet" This is a kind of local government which shares powers from the central government. Wales' first minster being "Rhodri Morgan' He's the "link" between central and his local, welsh government.

(think thats right :P )

I’m sure all this geography is a bundle of fun and you guys are enthusiastic but can we please move awwwwwaaaaaaaayyy from this topic.

i know u guys r boring me who cares!! anyway anyone doing any dawah work around england and if so what!!

Insh'Allah i have a ramadhan talk tomorow and had to buy 70 drinks didn't cost me much anyway!! i went around college giving leaflets out to muslims and kuffar and the kuffar sounded well interested!! cos they dont know what's ramadhan is about i mean to them were just starving ourselves for no good reason... but when they ask they ask those eerrrmmm... modern muslims who dont have a clue themselves and they end up saying "Oh it's so we know how the poor feel" OMG... and i'm like do not insult the poor at this time u know ur gonna come home and brake ur fast and the poor dont even know wen their next meal is coming.. they are fasting thorughout the yr and then they're like whatever!!

^^sister say a non-believer asked you 'Why do you fast?' what would you say...keeping in mind he/she is a teenager...therefore their attention span is lower than of a 5 year old.

lol [at] the 5yr thing!!

Well sister i would say Allah (swt) has told us in the quran to fast and also so we may learn self restraint!! meaning to stop us doing forbidden things that we usually do such as smoking, swearing ect... by doing this it make's us better people! Also during ramdhan we're learning more about our religion, reading the qu'ran. It makes a person more stronger in their belief as they know they are fulfilling a duty Allah (swt) commanded....

Hope this answers your question :D

assalamo alaikum

brothers and sisters,

yes it does seem that over all we are allowed to practice our religion relatively freely in the UK, but only as much as they want us to.

Islam is not just about salaat, fasting, hajj, zakaat etc. as we all know Islam is a way of life. Islam is our identity.

a muslim is required to both act like a muslim and to look like a muslim. but in this country a muslim will always be vilified of his or her Islamic identity. obvious examples being the beard, jilbaab, hijaab, amamah etc.

there are many dangers for ones imaan when living in a non muslim country. evil sorrounds us and impenetrates our soul in such a way that when doing wrong we dont even realise that we are doing wrong.

as we all know the muslim ummah is one body so let us not judge our governments by what they do to us but by how they treat the whole ummah. when we investigate the UK government on a global basis then we can see alot of injustice and oppression caused by the UK government to our fellow muslims throughout the world.

remember in Islam we are muslims and nothing but muslims. our identity does not go beyond that. anything beyond that is merely as a means of recognition.

india belonged to the muslims. it was taken over by the british who when they left india handed india to the hindus who in turn to this day harass, oppress and kill the muslims of india. the british in all their decietful cleverness created the kashmir problem before they left. as we all know muslims in kashmir are killed and tortured on a daily basis.

as well as india, the british in the days of the raj tried to conquer afghanistan. there was musch bloodshed but alhamdolillah they were sent away like dogs.

the british helped destroy the remains of the khilafah and helped the saudi family take over what was known as hijaz. today there are 200,000 kafir troops in hijaz.

the british have always helped israel by providing aid , funding, and arms to the jews in order for them to kill innocent muslims and children in a land that rightfully belongs to the muslims. dont forget our taxes pay for this. the £1 that you were taxed could have well been used to purchase the bullet that went through a palestinian baby's head.

the british in iraq are taking part in an illegal war for oil and do not care how many innocents die so that they can rape the muslim lands of its wealth.

please do not live in a dream world. the above is what i thought of from the top of my head. there are many more incidents of british oppression.

can we really practice our religion in the uk. jihad today is a very important aspect of our deen but can we practice it in the uk? all israelis throughout the world have to do military duty in israel. britain has never stopped jews going to israle for military service. neither do they get harassed and locked up when these jews return to the uk. but what happens when a brother goes for military service to a muslim country? guantanamo bay is what happens. these brothers are still locked up in cages like animals.

personally i will be happy when the shariah comes to the UK and the world. yes many things that we like will be banned because of the shariah like television, music, talking openly with the opposite sex, lewdness,flirting, cinemas etc. but as muslims we have to accept it, otherwise we are just munafiqs putting on a show of Islam.

assalamo alaikum

brothers and sisters,

yes it does seem that over all we are allowed to practice our religion relatively freely in the UK, but only as much as they want us to.

Islam is not just about salaat, fasting, hajj, zakaat etc. as we all know Islam is a way of life. Islam is our identity.

a muslim is required to both act like a muslim and to look like a muslim. but in this country a muslim will always be vilified of his or her Islamic identity. obvious examples being the beard, jilbaab, hijaab, amamah etc.

there are many dangers for ones imaan when living in a non muslim country. evil sorrounds us and impenetrates our soul in such a way that when doing wrong we dont even realise that we are doing wrong.

as we all know the muslim ummah is one body so let us not judge our governments by what they do to us but by how they treat the whole ummah. when we investigate the UK government on a global basis then we can see alot of injustice and oppression caused by the UK government to our fellow muslims throughout the world.

remember in Islam we are muslims and nothing but muslims. our identity does not go beyond that. anything beyond that is merely as a means of recognition.

india belonged to the muslims. it was taken over by the british who when they left india handed india to the hindus who in turn to this day harass, oppress and kill the muslims of india. the british in all their decietful cleverness created the kashmir problem before they left. as we all know muslims in kashmir are killed and tortured on a daily basis.

as well as india, the british in the days of the raj tried to conquer afghanistan. there was musch bloodshed but alhamdolillah they were sent away like dogs.

the british helped destroy the remains of the khilafah and helped the saudi family take over what was known as hijaz. today there are 200,000 kafir troops in hijaz.

the british have always helped israel by providing aid , funding, and arms to the jews in order for them to kill innocent muslims and children in a land that rightfully belongs to the muslims. dont forget our taxes pay for this. the £1 that you were taxed could have well been used to purchase the bullet that went through a palestinian baby's head.

the british in iraq are taking part in an illegal war for oil and do not care how many innocents die so that they can rape the muslim lands of its wealth.

please do not live in a dream world. the above is what i thought of from the top of my head. there are many more incidents of british oppression.

can we really practice our religion in the uk. jihad today is a very important aspect of our deen but can we practice it in the uk? all israelis throughout the world have to do military duty in israel. britain has never stopped jews going to israle for military service. neither do they get harassed and locked up when these jews return to the uk. but what happens when a brother goes for military service to a muslim country? guantanamo bay is what happens. these brothers are still locked up in cages like animals.

personally i will be happy when the shariah comes to the UK and the world. yes many things that we like will be banned because of the shariah like television, music, talking openly with the opposite sex, lewdness,flirting, cinemas etc. but as muslims we have to accept it, otherwise we are just munafiqs putting on a show of Islam.

And despite this country so obviously being evil and anti-Muslim, many remain here, and many thousands more wish to come here. Strange, isn't it....?

no it is not strange.

it is obviously a weakness in our imaan and lack of conviction in our Islam.

i am not blind to see that most muslims in this world hanker and chase the worldly luxuries and execesses of the west in contradiction of the teachings of Islam.

i am not saying that all muslims are perfect muslims. i am not saying that i am a perfect muslim. what we are and we should be are two different things.

it is not a big thing or a great miracle that people run towards worldly comforts in oppostion of spirituality. that is not something difficult at all. the miracle is that there are still a few people in this world who sacrifice their worldly comforts for the sake of Islam. a simple example are the many thousands of mujahideen throughout the world who have left their families, homes, parents and livelyhoods to go to foreign lands to DEFEND (not attack. all present day jihad is defensive not offensive. i.e we were attacked first) their muslim brothers and sisters and the muslim lands to the best of their capabilities with whatever little that they have against mighty armies of the west.

extract of a hadith........the muslims will be like foam on the sea (many in number but useless).........but they will be attacked throughout the world because they will have WAHN. wahn is love for the world and fear of death.