Islamic Forum
Crystal Eyes

Islam in England

You guys are mad. How can you people think Wales is part of England? And anyway, don't you remember that primary school song, "England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Inside, Outside, Inside, On..."

Or something that goes like that.

PropellerAds

:D

Welcome to the forum Insignia of Islam.

If you look at the world or Euro cups, you'll see that wales and england are separate.

:P

From Anglend here, Essex :D

I've been to that Llanfairgwyllygogogh (i tried) place, got a photograph :D. I'm so sad....

And Wales is NOT part of England!!!!

:w:

Edited by MaryamM

Erm…we keep coming back to this absurd topic…ya rabbi! We know Whales is NOT part of England, most of us were just playing around, and well I was anyways. For those who didn’t know they sure do know now, so please for the last time lets not get caught up in geography…again!

hmmm... wHales?

I didnt know there were whales in the english coasts.

There are Whales in Whales you know... :D

Okay this is going wwaaayyy off topic now... :ph43r:

hmmm... wHales?

I didnt know there were whales in the english coasts.

Lol! Don’t get excited now brother! :D

no it is not strange.

it is obviously a weakness in our imaan and lack of conviction in our Islam.

i am not blind to see that most muslims in this world hanker and chase the worldly luxuries and execesses of the west in contradiction of the teachings of Islam.

i am not saying that all muslims are perfect muslims. i am not saying that i am a perfect muslim. what we are and we should be are two different things.

it is not a big thing or a great miracle that people run towards worldly comforts in oppostion of spirituality. that is not something difficult at all. the miracle is that there are still a few people in this world who sacrifice their worldly comforts for the sake of Islam. a simple example are the many thousands of mujahideen throughout the world who have left their families, homes, parents and livelyhoods to go to foreign lands to DEFEND (not attack. all present day jihad is defensive not offensive. i.e we were attacked first) their muslim brothers and sisters and the muslim lands to the best of their capabilities with whatever little that they have against mighty armies of the west.

extract of a hadith........the muslims will be like foam on the sea (many in number but useless).........but they will be attacked throughout the world because they will have WAHN. wahn is love for the world and fear of death.

The way I see it, many Muslims are utterly hypocritical when it comes to this issue. They take countless shots at this country and the west in large, drone on about its evil, corrupt, secular society, aggressive policies of its government(s), yet all these attacks are uttered while LIVING in this very country! If people feel so strongly about it, then they should do the obvious thing by leaving for some place else. I'm not saying this should apply to you personally, but there are many Muslims that bite the hand that LITERALLY feeds them (i.e. the government and the welfare benefits it gives them) and it's a hypocrisy I can't stand.

This country is by no means perfect and even though it's non-Muslim, it's been, by and large, very good for its Muslim inhabitants. There is no Muslim country that treats its minorities the way the UK does to its ethnic/religious minorities. On the contrary, religious minorities are often persecuted in Muslim lands, such as the country from where I originate, Pakistan. The way they treat Shia and Christian minorities is shocking, and people belonging to such groups rarely are afforded the opportunity to make good of their lives. In contrast here, even a Muslim can be a success without discrimination. And if he is discriminated against, he has laws designed to defend him.

And that's why so many people from Muslim countries want to come here, even practicing Muslims. Here they are free from government oppression, oppression from other religious groups, and can practice their faith without any trouble. It's something Muslims can learn and try to implement in their own countries...

yes Deus ex machina you are right even though you hold a very simplistic ill informed view of how much control western powers have over other nations. i could tell you about it but you will only try to argue and debate the point. i suggest you research yourself.

a good place to begin is the act of "divide and conquer".

oh...are we gonna start a debate...finally, i shall reply when i have more time later inshallah!

Thank you Rofi for your warm welcome. I'm also relieved to find that you guys were joking. Wouldn't want to have joined to a forum where people don't know the geography of their own nation...

asslamuaalikum

lol insignia...we were only jokin!

walaikumsalam

Guest amani
You guys are mad. How can you people think Wales is part of England? And anyway, don't you remember that primary school song, "England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Inside, Outside, Inside, On..."

Or something that goes like that.

was it inside outside donkeys tails? :D

I'm not sure Amani, like I told before, it's an old primary school song, a girl's song that they used to sing whilst skipping with skipping ropes.

And no, I'm not unaware of sarcasm, I do realise it was a joke, but I was seriously thinking at one point that maybe some people really didn't know...

Salaam,

Crystal eyes, you must have quite a good memory, I'm still thinking about it, I really cant remember that donkey's tail part...

Salaam,

Crystal eyes, you must have quite a good memory, I'm still thinking about it, I really cant remember that donkey's tail part...

Hmm…I guess so! Man that song was like a bad echo that used to ring in my ears!

Guest amani

IoI i wasnt being sarcastic :P

ahaaah now remember all them songs!

after that came something like

jelly on the plate

jelly on the plate

wibble woble

wibble woble

jelly on the plate

IoI i wasnt being sarcastic :D

ahaaah now  remember all them songs!

after that came something like

jelly on the plate

jelly on the plate

wibble woble

wibble woble

jelly on the plate

:P

I recall that song...but vaguely! :P

asslamualaikum

Let me explain if you will

Great Britain consists of

England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland

now the Republic of Ireland have their own country and dont like to be associated with GB to an extent, they also have their own Political parties, yes Tony Blair is the Prime Minister of GB, though Sctland have the Scottish National Party (though most voted Labour), Wales have their own (dont know what its called sorry) and Northern n republic have their own, I think one group is called Sinn Fein.

make sense??

now the BRITISH invaded India, as it was the British Empire

and yeah wen we call our self British its not just England, for example at the Olympics or in Tennis it is the GB team, not English..though it has to be said we have our own separtae National Football teams!

walaikumsalam

PS - Come on Ennggg-eeerrrrr-llaannddd!!

Sorry to go back to this topic.... AGAIN!!!

But, as a Briton, proud of his country, I think we should clear this up once and for all. I think one of my last posts cleared up the position fo Wales with relation to England. (It's a seperate country as well as a principality.)

As for Great Britain. It is NOT England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. It is just England, Scotland and Wales. The United Kingdom consists of all four countries. Hence the Queen is Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (as well as the Commonwealth, and colonies - what's left of them!)

The British Isles consists of the Islands of Britain and Ireland, Republic of Ireland included.

I hope this helps... Probably not!

All the best.

QUOTE(Barayev [at] Nov 6 2004, 02:02 PM)

And what about the republic of ireland?

erm...what about it? ph34r.gif

Not many people were mentioning it so i felt sorry for it. :D

My plan was to say something constructive and informative- something really intersteing- about the rep. of ireland but couldn't think of anything so i kinda ended up with that silly comment . My apologies! :D