Islamic Forum
Crystal Eyes

Islam in England

Hmm…I guess I should have rephrased the title so it said ‘UK and Ireland?’ ah well…what is done can not be undone. I’m sure all Irish people are welcome here!

PropellerAds

:D

how many Masjids do you all have in your local area?

salaam alaikum,

erm....quite a few...let me see *thinks* about 3.

asalamu alaykum!

wow masha'Allah are they all in walking distance? I think that's going to be a requirement for me when i graduate and move away from my college...I want to live in walking distance of a masjid insha'Allah. :D

wassalaam

AS

salaam alaikum,

wow masha'Allah are they all in walking distance?  I think that's going to be a requirement for me when i graduate and move away from my college...I want to live in walking distance of a masjid insha'Allah. :D

wassalaam

AS

yea pretty much...one takes about 5 minutes but the second two are slightly longer....nonetheless you can take a bus if you are extremely lazy!

Sorry to go back to this topic.... AGAIN!!!

But, as a Briton, proud of his country, I think we should clear this up once and for all. I think one of my last posts cleared up the position fo Wales with relation to England. (It's a seperate country as well as a principality.)

As for Great Britain. It is NOT England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. It is just England, Scotland and Wales. The United Kingdom consists of all four countries. Hence the Queen is Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (as well as the Commonwealth, and colonies - what's left of them!)

The British Isles consists of the Islands of Britain and Ireland, Republic of Ireland included.

I hope this helps... Probably not!

All the best.

hmm...thanks :D

Salaam,

I live in Battle (yes, that's the name of the town) in Sussex. Famous for the 1066 Battle of Hastings. Unfortunately, there are no Masjids in Battle (not surprising, cos the town has a population of about 6,000) and the nearest one is 7 miles away in Hastings. :D we get about 150 for Jumu'ah, and have had 40-50 for tarawih. We came here I would guess cos there was no curry house, so my Dad and his cousins set one up. :D

Wassalaam.

Salaam,

I live in Battle (yes, that's the name of the town) in Sussex. Famous for the 1066 Battle of Hastings. Unfortunately, there are no Masjids in Battle (not surprising, cos the town has a population of about 6,000) and the nearest one is 7 miles away in Hastings. :D we get about 150 for Jumu'ah, and have had 40-50 for tarawih. We came here I would guess cos there was no curry house, so my Dad and his cousins set one up. :D

Wassalaam.

Lol! Another person from England here!! It seems like this thread has died…what happened to Crystal Eyes? :P

:w:

Lol! Another person from England here!! It seems like this thread has died…what happened to Crystal Eyes? :D

Oh I’m still here sister, just a bit busy with studies hence why I am no longer at the top of the posting list…<_<

Oh I’m still here sister, just a bit busy with studies hence why I am no longer at the top of the posting list…<_<

lol...studies is a pain but inshallah all the hard work shall pay off one day.

salaam aleykum

Hello to Englanders!! (i bet someone will correct me on this)

Anyhow i was gobsmacked that i couldnt find any knowledgable sister who would give Islamic talk to teenagers. Perhaps i wasnt looking at the right are...BUt in London you'd think that there were plenty...

sallaam

i love england, i was born there and i lived there my whole life until now.

btw. since when was wales a part of england?

i am 15 now,

i had a really tough time in primary school; i was picked on and insulted for being a muslim and being asain.

then i went to an Islamic high school, which was much better, and i learnt Islamic Studies and quran and a bit of arabic, as well as the general subjects (brondsbury college for boys, owned by yousef Islam)

peace

wassalaam

You went to the school owned by Yusuf Islam :P !! You are so lucky mashallah :D !! And I’m truly sorry that you had a difficult time at primary school :P . As for the geographical question…last time I made a sarcastic comment people were just lost so I’ll leave this to Britain Christian, I think he might do a better job of explaining.

I think we need to discuss Islam within the english society. I want to ask what do you do about the muslim youngsters who are too wrapped up with the western culture because lately the ummah is becoming worse.

I think we need to discuss Islam within the english society. I want to ask what do you do about the muslim youngsters who are too wrapped up with the western culture because lately the ummah is becoming worse.

Not all our fellow muslim brothers and sisters have been influenced by west culture. There are many who are guided alhamdulillah...all we can do is tell then the truth and pray that Allah (swt) guides them.

i know they are not all influenced by the western culture however, how do you help them become guided. Also what do you mean by telling them the truth?

salaam aleykum

Perhaps hold lectures. by girls/boys who grew up here, and experienced what they are experiencing,and have also one-to-one sessions with them..Have role models.. By going to visit them at where they hang out and call them to Islam.

Just an idea...

Salaam,

The way the brothers at my university gave us (when we were freshers) dawah was through being friendly (asking us how we were, how our courses were going, giving us general advice etc) and inviting us to hang with them -- mainly to eat! (Us brothers are a fairly unsophisticated bunch.) And when it was time to pray, we'd pray. Just them providing us Muslim company was a big step in us becoming more practicing. Then we naturally became more inclined to attend circles and talks which the ISoc organised. They wouldn't necessarily actively preach in socially, but we'd benefit through their general actions and behaviour. And that's the way to go about it, I think. Avoid pointing out flaws (which people are worried about you'll do) and giving the impression you're looking down on them, cos people won't respond to that -- instead they'll run away. Show that you're a nice guy who happens to be practicing.

Which reminds me of this: "The likeness of a righteous friend and an evil friend is the likeness of a (musk) perfume seller and a blacksmith. As for the perfume seller, he may either bestow something on you, or you may purchase something from him, or you may benefit from his sweet smell. And as for the blacksmith, he may either burn your clothes, or you may be exposed to his awful smell." [bukhari & Muslim]

Wassalaam.

i know they are not all influenced by the western culture however, how do you help them become guided. Also what do you mean by telling them the truth?

Tell then that only if they remain true to Islam will the UK become an Islamic state. Inshallah soon the UK will be a glorious Islamic state like Iran or SA.

This thread has died without me…lol. I wonder who has been to East London? Man there are lots of Muslim people there but they are just a disgrace to the Ummah with the alcohol bottle in their hands, the filth that comes out of their mouths. What is with it?

This thread has died without me…lol. I wonder who has been to East London? Man there are lots of Muslim people there but they are just a disgrace to the Ummah with the alcohol bottle in their hands, the filth that comes out of their mouths. What is with it?

I'm an East Londoner, and yes there are bad Muslims here but there are also many many practising Muslims who are very sincere and are working for Islam. :D

Asalamu Alaykum

Yep I have been to East London myself as well and of course you do get those who give Islam a bad name…you can never escape from them. However, there are also those who are pious Muslims. Inshallah those who have strayed shall be guided.

Has anyone been to that Masjid built in East London…that cost about 10.4 million to build?