Islamic Forum
Crystal Eyes

Islam in England

Northern Muslims are the absolute worst, especially those up in Bradford, Oldham, Burnley etc. East London has many Masjids and they are always packed for salat time. The 'bad' Muslims here are a small minority.

PropellerAds
Guest amani

:D

down our area up north the masjids arent packed

why?

because there are TOO many masjids :D

one group of people had a dispute with others..what do they do?

set up a BIG masjid.....getting into debts..etc

now we have enough masjids here..we need to concentrate on the peoepel

Yeah that is true sister…there are quite a lot of masjid however this can also be perceived as a good thing.

Asalamu Alaykum

Yep I have been to East London myself as well and of course you do get those who give Islam a bad name…you can never escape from them. However, there are also those who are pious Muslims. Inshallah those who have strayed shall be guided.

Has anyone been to that Masjid built in East London…that cost about 10.4 million to build?

Wa'alaykum assalaam

It's in Whitechapel and it's called 'East London Masjid', and it is absolutely MASSIVE! Regents park masjid is nice :D

Mmm ...... All from england then eh????

Salams

another english northener here, not that i think there are that many. So come on admit it, were r all u northeners?? :shuriken:

Wa,alaikumu salam

Guest amani

asmauk theres loads of northeners here. no fear!

haha did you guys ever sing this song?

everywhere we go

people always ask us

who we are

where we come from

so we tell them

were from <-enter place->

mighty mighty <-->

(w00t) thats typical yorkshire song!

Salaam,

Yeah, I know that song! A bro got us singing it after him (about 15 of us) when he took us for a short run in the morning at this event we were at.

Bro: "We are Muslims!"

Us: "WE ARE MUSLIMS!"

Bro: "Mighty, mighty Muslims"

Us: "MIGHTY, MIGHTY MUSLIMS!"

Quite fun really.

Wassalaam.

Salaam,

Yeah, I know that song! A bro got us singing it after him (about 15 of us) when he took us for a short run in the morning at this event we were at.

Bro: "We are Muslims!"

Us: "WE ARE MUSLIMS!"

Bro: "Mighty, mighty Muslims"

Us: "MIGHTY, MIGHTY MUSLIMS!"

Quite fun really.

Wassalaam.

(w00t) I guess you have fun and it is educational mashallah!

B)

Assalamualikum

Alhmdullilah I can say thet nowadays most schools, colleges and universities provide prayer rooms in the Uk.

So, just wondering did you all have on available or did you have to ask for one and how were your teachers about it?

asalamu alaikum

Sis amani

Nice 2 know i'm not alone!!! As for that song, yep everyone in my school used to sing it wen we went on school trips....

We have a prayer room at our uni, but i'm looking to get a better one cos i believe the current one is unsafe, it has no fire exit and thers a bar directly above it!!!

Wa'alaikumu salam

Salaam,

My school and college in East Sussex didn't have prayer rooms, but I don't think anyone asked for one. (There can't have been more than 5 Muslims at school or more than 10 Muslims maybe at college out of over a 1000 at both places, but I don't think any of us were very practicing then). They probably would've arranged something had we asked. But my old uni -- Imperial -- has a good prayer room... Curtained sisters section, wudu area, dossing area with a microwave and fridge. The Malaysian bros would give us chicken and rice they'd have cooked for the princely sum of £1.50 a tub, masha'Allah! :grin: The prayer room was the focal point of our little community. Ahh, those were the days... Cambridge also has a prayer room but not as good. Both places' ISocs are fantastic.

Wassalaam.

haha did you guys ever sing this song?

everywhere we go

people always ask us

who we are

where we come from

so we tell them

were from <-enter place->

mighty mighty <-->

(w00t) thats typical yorkshire song!

is it a typical yorkshirse song? :P We all used to sing this on the school coaches when i was little and im a londonder :D

looks like u aint the only ones (w00t) I gotta admit though, we'd shout that off the top of our lungs in the coach :P Those were the days.

asalamu alaikum

ok... let me set the record straight! up here in the north, is where its all at! we can breath fresh air, not the city polluted air! - thats west yorkshire im going on about :D

you London'ers need to get out and enjoy the free open space and fresh air we breath up here in open country side (again thats west yorkshire im on about)

you guys in the Midlands... Allah help you with seeing all those nasty red bricks day in - day out :D

am i talking nonsense?

anyone near Kingston Uni?

If you're so against the 'pulluted London', what you doing in Kingston Uni, eh D? *Evil warning look*

lol.

Selina - My previous College had one of the best ISOC's in London, alhamdulillah. Very organized, with lots of events and talks taking place regularly =).

*Sigh* I miss those days, I miss my College.. when I was young and free and hmm.. lots more of un-old and fun things =(.

asalamu alaikum

If you're so against the 'pulluted London', what you doing in Kingston Uni, eh

im not even there yet! im considering it aswel as the institute in surrey. :D

anyone near Kingston Uni?

As salaamu alaikum

i guess am kinda near it, well close enough!

Any questions about it?

That reminds me, i've got an e-mail about UK unis, i need to post it..........LOOK OUT, insha'Allah it'll be in the General Chat soon!

Wa alaikum asalaam

Edited by ur_muslim_sista

asalamu alaikum

well sister, i just want to know what the community around it is like...

insha Allah i will read your post on Uni's... are you applying this year...? i will insha Allah be applying next year...

wasalamu alaikum

well sister, i just want to know what the community around it is like...

insha Allah i will read your post on Uni's... are you applying this year...? i will insha Allah be applying next year...

As salaamu alaikum

Well not applying yet, insha'Alah next year too! first thing about Kingston well i'm pretty sure it is reknowned for having A LOT of asians! but don't let that put you off, if the course is good than go for it!

Although i'm not directly near the Uni, and havent heard too much bad stuff about it, i think you should check out, kingston.ac.uk

if you havent already

Kingston's a nice place, got the river Thames running by most of it, shops seem good!! i dont know much else about it, but insha'Allah i'll find out! for you Brother!

Wa alaikum asalaam

asalamu alaikum

sister sister... Islamic wise... whats the Islamic air like over there...? clean to breath or very polluted...?

having A LOT of asians!

--------------------------- :D

wasalamu alaikum

sister sister... Islamic wise... whats the Islamic air like over there...? clean to breath or very polluted...?

---------------------------  :D

as salaamu alaikum

ah,

well as i said i am not RIGHT near it but here it is pretty good most of the time! Although, saying that there is the odd raical attack i guess, but thats the same for evrywhere right?

I'll try and find out more frm people who actually live right within the vicinity of the area insha'Allah!

Wa alaikum asalaam