Islamic Forum
Crystal Eyes

Islam in England

:D

if im not mistaken there is also a gloucester and birmingham in america too!!!

and a york....well NEW york :D...*just ignore that*

holy grilled beef batman!!! crazy americans always copyin our cities, tsk tsk and i do GCSE geog, i should knw this arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh :D not good

oh well i guess well have to come up with new names for cities.

PropellerAds
holy grilled beef batman!!! crazy americans always copyin our cities, tsk tsk and i do GCSE geog, i should knw this arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh :D  not good

oh well i guess well have to come up with new names for cities.

lol well i definitely didnt learn that in geography i learnt it in history! (i think) lol something to do with christoper columbus (i think that his name) or someone!

lol well i definitely didnt learn that in geography i learnt it in history! (i think) lol something to do with christoper columbus (i think that his name) or someone!

righhhhhhhhtttttttttt history u say........................ heh heh heh :D yeah ok just a bit weird.

yeah i do history aswell its cool, shame they dont teach Islamic history eh? only once we learned bout Islamic history in "the crusades" were salahudin was made out to be really bad and muslims were made out to be opressors and terroists, "surprise surprise"

righhhhhhhhtttttttttt history u say........................ heh heh heh :D  yeah ok just a bit weird.

yeah i do history aswell its cool, shame they dont teach Islamic history eh? only once we learned bout Islamic history in "the crusades" were salahudin was made out to be really bad and muslims were made out to be opressors and terroists, "surprise surprise"

i remember watching a video on that for history i think! and yeh your right...salahuddeen was made to be the loser! HA! little do they know hey?

*hmpf! whats the world coming to?* :sniff sniff:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ its so true................. i think we watched that video aswell, is that the one wher they have like a guy whos supposed to be from the crusades (not really obviously, but acting), and hes like doin a diary of it and u like fllow him on his crusade,??????????????

salahudin was the greatest, and these are the guys we shold aspire to, not like 50 cents and the like :D

wa alaykum aslaam

Shariah TV Returns To Channel 4 - How to get involved

Thu 27 Jan 2005

Channel 4’s discussion series about what it means to be Muslim in secular Britain is back for a second series. It’s the only programme on mainstream TV that’s for the Muslim community, and we want you to get involved.

We’re looking for audience members to take part in our new series of Shariah TV – do you have a question you want to ask our panel of Islamic scholars and experts about being a Muslim in secular Britain? There’s a raft of topics including: relationships, modern technology, medical ethics, education, Islamic leadership, politics, Islamic art and culture, and the media representation of Islam.

We’re making some changes in the second series so there’ll be more opportunities to explore subjects in depth.

If you want our panel to give you an interpretation of Shariah Law regarding a dilemma you’re facing as a Muslim living in Britain, or you want to get involved in the discussion – we want to hear from you!

You need to be a Muslim living in Britain (practising or non practising), aged 17-35 years. We’ll be recording over the weekends of 12th and 13th March and 19th and 20th March, in our North London studios.

For more details, send your name and contact details and any questions you’d like to ask to shariah.tv[at]ctvc.co.uk

Or speak to a member of the production team on 0208 950 4426

Edited by Bahagia

Assalam-u-Alaikum

So all of you are from England. nice. I am from Pakistan but live in canada. i think one should call oneself only muslim not a canadian or pakistani or english b/c these are geographical distinctions only and have nothing to do with the soul. a moral person should identify with one's soul (according to Socrates) and not one's possessions. :-)

i have been trying to learn the British accent. is it true that all you have to do is align the lower jaw with the upper teeth and just say stuff and it would sound English? i want to learn other accents and languages like (French, Italian)as well Inshallah. I think English accent fascinates me the most because it comes out so sophisticated and chic. it is just fascinating material.

take care everybody

Assalamu alaikum

aslaam alykum

what is it with people and british accents^^^^^^^^ i make fun of people that talk all proper toff style lingo, its quite funny really. british accent isnt really that hard anyways, plus there is nuff dialects in england, which one do you mean??

wa alykum aslaam

Salaam Aleikoum wa Rahmatoulahi wa Barakatahou

Brother in need:

J'aimerais, s'il est possible, avoir quelques conseils de la part de ceux qui connaissent bien ou un peu l'Angleterre...

J'aimerais partir vivre et travailler en Angleterre, mais je ne connais rien de là bas, les villes qu'il serait mieux à visiter, des endroits où se trouve des musulmans qui y vivent, etc...

Si vous avez des idées ou un plan à suivre pour bien faire les choses, je vous écoute...

Ce serait des points de repères pour moi afin d'essayer de bien faire les chose...

This brother from France would like to live and work in England. He doesn't know the country and wants to know where he can go, which cities to visit and where he can settle, a place with a great community of muslims. The reason of this is: In France, there are a lot of difficulties and the freedom of religion is bigger in England. So can u give him some advice...

BarakAllah fikoum

Brother in need:

J'aimerais, s'il est possible, avoir quelques conseils de la part de ceux qui connaissent bien ou un peu l'Angleterre...

J'aimerais partir vivre et travailler en Angleterre, mais je ne connais rien de là bas, les villes qu'il serait mieux à visiter, des endroits où se trouve des musulmans qui y vivent, etc...

Si vous avez des idées ou un plan à suivre pour bien faire les choses, je vous écoute...

Ce serait des points de repères pour moi afin d'essayer de bien faire les chose...

This brother from France would like to live and work in England. He doesn't know the country and wants to know where he can go, which cities to visit and where he can settle, a place with a great community of muslims. The reason of this is: In France, there are a lot of difficulties and the freedom of religion is bigger in England. So can u give him some advice...

BarakAllah fikoum

cant really say much coz i really have had no experience, but what qulifications does the bro have, and what kinda place is he looking for?? all i can say is south bucks has the best schools and prob economy, but housing prices are massive further north there is more cheaper housing, but more hostility to muslims, and especially to muslims who don't speak english.

hope that helps

wa alykum aslaam

Brother in need

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salaam Aleikoum

Brother in need:

BarakAllah fikoum

Salaam Aleikoum

cant really say much coz i really have had no experience, but what qulifications does the bro have, and what kinda place is he looking for?? all i can say is south bucks has the best schools and prob economy, but housing prices are massive further north there is more cheaper housing, but more hostility to muslims, and especially to muslims who don't speak english.

hope that helps

wa alykum aslaam

Barakallah fik akhi muslim mujahid!

So, Are there other people from England? Other ideas?

Guest amani

what field would he be looknig to work in?

Alhumdulillah there are many muslim communties in england :D

london got a big muslims comunity

leicester

birmingham

manchester

bradford

leeds

there are just a few city names

there are many other muslim communites. it would depend on what he would like :smile:

Alhumdulillah we can practice Islam freely :D

if you tell me an area, in specific then i could maybe give you adresses/telephone numbers of masjids and Islamic centres locally?

asalamu alaikum

Give this a shot, everything you need to know and more. I hope!

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.muslimdirectory.co.uk/"]Muslim Directory[/url]

Sunshinez, you mean like we say 'London' and they say 'Landan' and we say 'Blood' and they say 'Blad'. Crazy C0ckneys!

And how about we say 'Birmingham' and those people say 'Burminghum'. Silly Brummies! Only people from Yorkshire can speak the best English, right 'Love'? :laugh:

Edited by D-ZiNeR

Wa alaykum salam

My thread has been hijacked? :ohmy: :tongue: It is good that so many poeple are helping out regarding sundoes request...mashallah. :D

hijacked...........??????????? do you see bearded men carrying 10 tons of explosives speaking arabic and holding AK's like there toys???

aslaam alykum

asalamu alaikum

so where are all me English people?

Looks like an open invite to me sister!

Brother, your idea of 'being hijacked' its very brainwashing.

hijacked...........??????????? do you see bearded men carrying 10 tons of explosives speaking arabic and holding AK's like there toys???

aslaam alykum

:D Look what the media has done to us! The only image we equate with the word hijacked is one of Muslims :D :D

aslaam alykum

What happened to creativity and imagination ey? :D

wa Alaykum salam

Asalamu Alaykum

Long time no see ukht…wow the forum has changed since I last visited….mashallah for the better.

I see you are a mod now ey…going up in the ranking, good on ya!

As-salaamu alaikum,

Oh, I just love England..got some nice friends there..and the Muslim Community is so big there! Masha'Allah! I esp love B'ham and London...(btw. anyone from B'ham here?)

Miss the uk...oh..

Ma'a salaama,

Sis Iman

asalamu alaikum

You mean 'Brick land' sister? Birmingham is full of bricks, every where you go, bricks! Everytime you look up, bricks! You'll end walking into one if you stay on the streets for too long!

You should come up north, Yorkshire is the place to be! We have the best accent and also Shepards Pie! :D