Islamic Forum
Akademya English

The Superiorities Of The West

THE SUPERIORITIES OF THE WEST

While the East, indicating a disorganized picture in different times and places and within different frameworks of manifestation, although they are all from the same spiritual root in terms of a general and intrinsic character, the West represents one single unity divided and established in Western nations. This unity has certain origins and turning points with all their specific causes and effects:

“Ancient Greece; a very sudden and unexpected miracle of individual and society. Rome; the bridge which allowed the light to be received from Ancient Greece by adding new glitters from the Latin spirit. Christianity; the brand new yeast of the sensitivity of the West. The Middle Ages; the pitch dark labyrinth of the West in which it matured smoldering, devoid of the past income of the West, candidate to inherit the legacy of the future but ignorant of all. Renaissance, reawakening; the soul’s attempt, at one go, to fly towards the first lights of dawn in order to find itself in a new composition with the need stemming from Reason to dominate the material world. And the harmony happened right after this liberating move causing the Western cauldron to overflow and then the division of its content to the other nations and after a few stages, the generation of Reason, the exact sciences which thoroughly and tightly embrace all things and events. In between, despite the wizardly moves taken further, the epileptic convulsions of losing the soul and balance of it.â€

When the issue is reduced to the issue of races and nations, the greatest share of the capital should be first given to Ancient Greece; the right to run this capital with fresh additions should be given to the Romans; and to the groups of Latins, German and Anglo-Saxons which produced national categories afterwards. In the formation of the West, the Latin represents the subtlety and intricacy of the Occidental man’s pure mind and emotions within his inextricably intertwined nature; the Germans and Anglo-Saxons represents the Occidental man’s criterion for dominating the world outside and positively benefiting from them with a truly balanced combination of mind and spirit; and Slavs represent the effort to follow and catch them up, and the United States of America is:

“A formation that was produced by these parts boiled over to the westerly direction later called ‘the New World.’ That is, ‘the Americas’, unfamiliar to the ordeal of soul and harmony which was about to disappear in the West; concentrated on material world and accelerated owing to this material merriment and just not so old as to experience its own crisis; a wonder of quantity, a formation not within but in the margins of the West.â€

As a consequence, despite the magnificent genius of mold it possesses, the West lacked one thing:

“The vital juice of life in that mold; that is, the spiritual root with an endless depth.â€

PropellerAds
woah that was a lot of threadspam

Spammers do not exert such an exhausting effort to achieve their goals, they drop one single message and run away, but I will always be here, my friend. So what?

well I am thinking, these threads all cover the same speaker, perhaps it would be better if they were incorporated into one

in that way, no perspective would be neglected, and other threads wouldn't be obscured

well I am thinking, these threads all cover the same speaker, perhaps it would be better if they were incorporated into one

in that way, no perspective would be neglected, and other threads wouldn't be obscured

My friend, you are extremely right but think of my position here please, I am a fresh member and can easily be labeled as a spammer as you did :sl: So, to avoid this position I had to divide them into several parts.

To be honest, my primary goal to participate in such forums is to spread our views and desire people to benefit from them. Oherwise, I would be dealing with other things just like anyone else does. However, I am here, because I have a cause to advocate and I can share something useful with others, that is why I and maybe all others spend considerable time in this or that forum instead of enjoying life just in front of them.

Actually, I am an editor of a humble website but my webmaster has been away for a fortnight. Hopefully, he will be back tomorrow morning and thanks to that, I will be able to announce the URL within the following days for the friends who would like to see the whole picture.

Grateful for your interest.

One more thing, I am a restricted member as I have not yet sent posts over 50. Considering this, dividing the views into several parts seems a bit wise, doesn't it? I cannot even see my own profile along with yours and naturally I want to get rid of that annoyance :sl:

Salaams peeps,

This extract does not highlight what superiorities the "West" has over the "East", "South" or "North"..... mainly because it has failed to give a proper definition of what the West is. And what biases were you addressing here that you wish to destroy?

Peace

Salaams peeps,

This extract does not highlight what superiorities the "West" has over the "East", "South" or "North"..... mainly because it has failed to give a proper definition of what the West is. And what biases were you addressing here that you wish to destroy?

Peace

Let me try to be more precise then. The superiority of the West is its nature of systematical thinking and ambition to grasp the things belonging to the materail domain and thus the domination from end to end in this superficial field that the East has not showed enough interest since the Renaissence. Islam urges us to grasp the core of everything, be it material be it spiritual, but we neglected that mission, left it to the Westerners and we have been suffering for quite a long time. That is it! For the ones who are curious about more, here is a quote from the same work (Salih Mirzabeyoglu's "The State of Grandsublime"):

THE WEST IN THE WESTERN POINT OF VIEW

Just like olive oil, lemon and egg as essential ingredients of “mayonnaise,†the West in the Western point of view is actually based on three fundamental essentials: Ancient Greece, Rome and Christianity. Therefore, the Occident is extremely precise and arithmetical while endorsing and signing its own analysis report as this. The West briefly describes itself with the following words, belonging to one of its greatest thinkers:

“Any sample which Romanized and Christianized and submitted itself to ancient Greek mental order is European.â€

And Ancient Greek, again within the style of a great Western thinker, and likewise which can be categorized as chemical analysis, is described as:

“Dominant intellect, precise reasoning, sound knowledge, manifestness, light and clarity.â€

The Occidental men believe that they have received the geometry of his emotions, the criteria for the Meaning over all forms and the method of his contemplation from Ancient Greece. The Ancient Greek impact, according to them, provided the superior man with everything and made the superior man the essence of everything and requires him to knead and shape and grasp things in the clearest, brightest, and most harmonious fashion possible. The Occidental man says:

“For the first time, it inculcated the attention to soul and material into the human beings; it trained the soul to defend itself against the gaps of imagination and dreams and it curbed the delusive and ambiguous products of soul through a faculty of a subtle analysis and critique!â€

And now there emerges science within this order of contemplation; science, which is the exclusive sign of a private and definite victory and the unique distinctive feature of the West and Western spirit.

And Rome, in the eyes of the man from the Occident is the eternal sample of the organized and well-founded power of man:

“The state, the empire, institution, law, order, organization, sense of superiority, understanding of act, a body woven by strong muscles as individual and society, the chariot of triumph, the arch of triumph, and the spirit of pressure dominating everywhere.â€

Christianity: At this point, the central viewpoint of the West is that, after the impact of Ancient Greece and Rome, they found the source of their sensitivity, morality and inward universe they need in Christianity. According to them, Christianity is an expression of a need to represent immersing into the spiritual, de-materialization, an internal life, inner morality and inner view as it has been in India for centuries and once during the time of the Alexandrian mystics. According to them, Christianity provides the most sublime, most essential, most productive and potent features for the soul; man centers faith and Reason, observation and verification, idea and action, product and aim, freedom and sacrifice, judgment and mercy, right and justice, individual and society, man and woman and consequently the contrast and harmony between material and spiritual forces within the light shed by Christianity.

What the European means by this is that Ancient Greece is the unique source which provides the order of mind based on sound emotions and ideas for the mystery of connection and relationship between man and nature. And Rome is the consciousness of power and domination which elevated this order of mind to the most dominant and royal form on the most vast of scale. And Christianity is the center of interpretation, sensitivity and morality, at the deepest level, of the conditions mentioned above. Thus, what the European means by this is that the Occident has a three-unit identity consisting of the pleasure of geometric perception which makes man accountable for material dominance, the imperial organization of this enthusiasm and the world of inner emotions which perpetuates a spiritual balance at the deepest level.

THE EAST IN THE WESTERN POINT OF VIEW

Yes, it was the Westerners who first distinguished West from East. In Ancient Greece, looking at the Persian masses who rammed the Occident from the direction of the East and the Occidental world which he thought to be the only western community (in fact, it was as to meaning, at that time), the father of history, Herodotus distinguished the East and the West as two separate worlds in terms of the difference between the abstract essence of thoughts and emotions: the Occident and the Orient. And since that day, although the Occidental man saw that the Oriental world was broken into different and opposing spiritual climates in itself, and knew that the Oriental world witnessed a lot of rebirths and changes during the course of time before the appearance of the West, he sought a stable spirit and mood in this picture. As in Ancient Greece and Rome, the Occidental man, especially after the Renaissance and until today, decidedly associated the Orient with a specific and guilty descent of man. Briefly and roughly, this is the core of this meaning of the East:

“A group of silly and desperate people who are unable to understand the geometric warning and requirement of facts, and exposing its shell and skin to any impact without possessing and protecting itself while running after confused imaginations!â€

The West’s view of the Orient emerged and was established after the Renaissance as above, and was very similar to the same view from a different angle, during the time of Ancient Greece and Rome:

“The Orient is a den of wild men knowing nothing but blind and deaf physical force, and insensitive genius of acting aggressively and violently!â€

The Orient with all its parts as a whole, in the eyes of the Occident with all its eras as a whole, represents a ruthless wild man while attacking; and a fool without any idea in mind while defending itself. After the Renaissance this description became nailed in the Western mind just like the axiom “the earth is round,†became common knowledge, particularly, of the vulgar herd of the Occidental literate men. For some other Occidental intellectuals, on the other hand, who were able to reach out to the fake and inadequate aspects of the Occident, the Orient, despite everything, was a horizon of intricacy and wonders, source of prophets and cradle of spiritual climates, which preserves its complicated depth and personality, far from a cause that can be imprisoned into a multiplication chart. However, mostly, the Occidental men, who has not only an average level of perception but also fairness, can turn their most conscientious and understanding look towards the Orient only when they see a piece of diamond on the turban of an Indian raja in Piccadilly; that is, a view which cannot go beyond a simple fantasy and dream of “One Thousand and One Nights.†Let us quickly note the fact that until now, the vulgar herd of the Oriental literate men (who could question neither his friend nor his enemy in the chaotic environment when a critique is needed between the two worlds) who were influenced by the vulgar herd of the Occidental literate men and started to view the world through their glasses; in order to see the recent stage of the issue, it is sufficient to look at the herd of cows who are pleased to hear the efforts against the spirit of jihad (holy war) by the West who spills the blood of the innocent everywhere yet describes the Islamic movement as “terror or savagery.†That the rote-learned words of Islamic and non-Islamic groups such as “living together in democracy†or “boons of democracy†and that the existing puppet secular regime has been consciously or unconsciously kept alive through this means, is another example of Western thinking and lifestyle that can be seen in our country.

After the Renaissance, in the eyes of the “notable†vulgar herd of the Occidental literate men and omnipresent information distributors, the Orient, is a huge world of excessiveness (lacking criteria) and unawareness which is unable to build an interrelated network for human and social beliefs and becomings, distancing the individual from their natural right and capability to take an interest in everything and inspect, ignoring the value of the individual and which is nothing but a few spiritual colors and expressions. To the “notable†vulgar herd of the Occidental literate men (who are quite powerful, indeed), here is the implied and wider description of the Oriental:

“The Oriental man lives always in the past, cannot fight to grasp the present and is afraid of reaching out to the future. He has neither science nor critical analysis. He can be religious but he never seeks cause and effect chain. He believes in anything but never bothers himself in any topic as to description, comprehension or proof. In other words, he knows neither what to believe nor what not to believe. He just believes; he is not interested in ‘knowing’ part. He cannot go beyond the games of poem and talismans in order to dominate nature. He can never invent any tool or method, which shows the right to penetration belonging to Reason over material elements. In the Oriental mind, you cannot find any element which can be counted by finger or seeable by eyes or measured by hand span or proved by Reason. He believes in all that cannot be proved and is obsessed with bodiless entities; therefore, he gradually lost the world of real facts. The Oriental man has to remain superficial and incapable no matter how skillfully adopts the Western discoveries and inventions of machines and devices, because he will never be able to grasp the essence of cause together with its own spirit and method. Whenever the Oriental man longs for pure science, natural sciences, outer world, triumphs over the outer world, freedom, the relationships between individual and society, systematic right and order, all sorts of geometric measurements, anything that has a criterion and measure outside, all kinds of fine arts, literature that embraces whole life, he is doomed to be a ridiculous and idle imitator of the Occident!â€

This is the Occidental diagnosis of the Oriental man on the autopsy table. The rough eye of Reason and arithmetic calculation that cannot go into the depths of secrets and expects, to no avail, to be able to grasp the inner “spiritual†flexion of the heart by means of observing the outer convolutions belonging to a piece of flesh!

LET US UNDERSTAND THE WEST

The critical aspect of the issue is determining the way the East will regard the West when the core of all the findings belonging to the past and history is taken into consideration, and it should be looking from the very pole of the truth just like looking at the world from outer space, not through the artificial and limited necessities of the relativities of distance and direction. The judgment of a mind who analyzed the West, together with the East, through penetrating into its deepest roots and also scrutinizing it in fibers, will reveal the fact that the West is nothing but a wonder of sapless Reason which is in close relation and touch with material domain from end to end. If you want you can call the West a huge logarithmic chart which makes the relationships between all the elements of the immensely wide but superficial material domain scientific rules. The West found the soul of the sapless Reason chart it possesses in value of delectation, sensitivity and gracefulness which cannot go beyond a sort of outer appearance mostly in plastic forms. However, note this expression; it is a soul which cannot go beyond the framework of plasticity in most situations, that is, the outside relief of things and events or spatial merriment. All western cities, squares, streets, attitudes, and samples of art and ideas can witness the precision of this description without exception; the West is the huge ground for the ultimate capability of Reason which was entirely dedicated to a genius of mold, which can only chisel the substance and shape life within thousands of fields of labor and utility. This mentality was given to the West by the genius of Ancient Greek and Latin which were the magnificent sources of rhythm and harmony, geometry and ratio, measurement and balance, brightness and clarity invariably at a plastic level. This, through the deep breath given out by the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) from the East toward the West, reverberated as sparks of morality and sensitivity as a thorough unit despite thousands of falsifications and personifications. However, the Western man always remained faithful to his nature and invariably scrutinized the shallow material world and passed through the labyrinth of the Middle Ages and attained the highest product of its own right after the age called “Renaissance, reawakeningâ€: Positive science. The West consists of a single thing, at its maturity, be it vital or not:

“An ambition to grasp the material things both mentally and spiritually and the system of exact sciences as a consequence of this ambition.â€

Alas, there is still one thing missing in this magnificent “mold†genius of the West:

“The vital juice, the sap in the mold; that is, the root of soul with an endless depth.â€

Peace Akademya English,

I don't know if the views of the author represent your own, if so you have a peculiar view of the world! Invariably the environment in which one is accustomed (including language, heritage, perhaps even genetics though the latter of which I would be more skeptical) will shape the mentality and views of the people within that environment. Are you so certain though that the environments are as regimented as to suggest that they can be so easily distinguished into regions such as East and West?

For example the Republic of Ireland until very recently would fit quite accurately the 'Eastern' mentality as you so described despite being geographically and even culturally 'Western'. Conversely, Japan was in the days of the Samurai as isolated and 'Eastern' as one could imagine. Nowadays it is one of the most atheistic cultures devoid of any real spirituality in the sense I'm supposing you use the term. To the other end of the scale, former Soviet Republics in which Taylorism and scientific method had reigned supreme have now been transformed to the point that Islam in the East and Christianity in the West have transformed the culture from one of State Atheism to something approaching the opposite.

Even within the West proper, I don't think the boundaries can be so easily defined. Richard Dawkins (albeit a rather unpopular man on this forum) recently aired a television show in the UK called, "The Enemies of Reason." These enemies of reason are to Dawkins those who pass off 'Alternative Medicine' and 'Faith Healing', those who claim they can speak to the dead, those who insist in the supernatural powers of this and that, generally those who reject science and reason for superstition and instinct. Accross the Western World these spiritualists and faith healers are becoming ever more popular as peoples disposable income increases and their appreciation of the rewards of science dwindles. This seems to me more of a cross cultural pheonomeonon than a regionalised one, though I do accept that in certain regions certain outlooks prevail more than in others.

Salaams peeps,

Let me try to be more precise then. The superiority of the West is its nature of systematical thinking and ambition to grasp the things belonging to the materail domain and thus the domination from end to end in this superficial field that the East has not showed enough interest since the Renaissence. Islam urges us to grasp the core of everything, be it material be it spiritual, but we neglected that mission, left it to the Westerners and we have been suffering for quite a long time. That is it! For the ones who are curious about more, here is a quote from the same work (Salih Mirzabeyoglu's "The State of Grandsublime"):

Yes but this is quite obvious, don't you think? What have these extracts revealed other than some amazing generalisations? And what biases are you trying to destroy?

Perhaps you forget that the Renaissence was sparked by the 'superiority' of the 'East', ie the Muslims of Spain. The writer pays great tribute to the role of Chritianity in the development of the 'West' but fails to mention that it was the dominance of Christianity which brought on the Dark Ages.

There is nothing 'Western' about systematical thinking and ambition to grasp the things belonging to the material world. The 'East' also posseses these traits but success only comes by the Will of Allah. Nations rise and fall, with ample evidence in history. It is no coincidence that the Golden age of Islam is when th Qur'an and Sunnah reached every strata of society,and likewise it is no coincidence that the 'East' has fallen behind now that Islam is no longer adhered to correctly.

I actually agree with some of the conclusions of the writer, mainly - Alas, there is still one thing missing in this magnificent “mold†genius of the West:

“The vital juice, the sap in the mold; that is, the root of soul with an endless depth.â€

But in my opinion the extracts themselves, although very eloquently written, lack any real substance.

Peace

Assalaam brothers,

Not to make you tired of reading the separate parts one by one, here are the links for the PDF version of "The State of Grandsublime - The New World Order":

yeniakademyaDOTorg/grandsublime.pdf

geocitiesDOTcom/yakademya/grandsublime.pdf

Peace from our Lord,

let me try do write something that helps mutual understanding. Paradoxically, I have to start with a point that seems to be the opposite.

While the East, indicating a disorganized picture in different times and places and within different frameworks of manifestation, although they are all from the same spiritual root in terms of a general and intrinsic character, the West represents one single unity divided and established in Western nations.

In my view, this is an example of westernophobic thinking.

Of course to have to explain this, and to do it I describe some piece of Islamophic thinking:

The West is divided by many conflicts and clashes of interest. Left against right, Atheists against Christians, poor against rich, in some countries ethnic conflicts like white against coloured, and of course all the conflicts and differences between nations.

On the other hand, there is a monolithic threat to west: Islam. Whether Khomeiny or Taliban, Saudis or Hisbollah, Ghaddafi or al Qaida: they all are part of a grand design to infiltrate, attack and destroy us.

In this forum, I don't need to write a single word to show that this Islamophobic view is nonsense. But look, Salih Mirzabeyoglu almost says the same, only the roles of "East" and "West" are exchanged!

Therefore I say this is westernophobic. Whether Salih Mirzabeyoglu shows other traits of westernophobia, I don't know, but it may well be possible ...

But let me aks the question: how do people like Islamobiphics or Salih Mirzabeyoglu arrive at such erroneus conclusions? I promised to say something that helps mutual understanding, and I hope my answer to that question fulfills this promise:

People do not remember or even notice anything they could perceive with their senses, they concentrate on differences from the "normal" case. Another way of describing is that they neglect "redundant information", so this behavior has some rational basis.

But what is considered "normal" depends on the environment you are living in. You can see it in such innocent cases as face characteristics: Africans and Asians usually say that they have difficulties to tell one European face from another, because they are so similar. Europeans just feel the oppisite: All Chinese (or all black Africans) look alike ...

This does not apply to migrants that experience so many "foreign" faces in their new environment that they naturally learn to distinguish them. But this is rather off-topic.

My point is that this is not restricted to face recognition: it applies to everything. People looking at foreign cultures quite naturally group them accrding to the differences to their own culture: the nearer cultures are to their own culture, the finer the differences that are perceived. Therefore, Salih Mirzabeyoglu perceives more differences within the "East" than within the "West". From a neutral point of view, "East" and "West" are both inhomogen, it it is impossible to say which one is more diverse.

I feel I have to add that I don't think Mirzabeyoglu is an exact parrallel to the Islamophobic view I described above, he seems to be more learned than the people that typically share such a primitive Islamophobic view. But it would be possible to give a more refined (and therefore somewhat less radical) Islamophoibic view that is an exact parallel to the view of Mirzabeyoglu (to cite it at the top of the posting might make the discussion more difficult, so I choose to do it the easy way :sl: ).

As to the Greek inheritence: Many people forget that Greek knowledge and philosophy was almost lost in early medieval Europe, the medieval Europeans learned it by Latin translations of the Arabic versions of Euklid, Plato and so on. The Greek tradition was an important part of the great Islamic cultures of the past, it seems that those scholars who drove it out in the name of sharia weekened the Islamic world (this is a quesion rather than a statement).

And a last remark:

If I try to divide the world's spiritual traditons into two groups, East and West, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam will be in one group, Hinduism and Buddhism in the other group. I see more differences between Christianity and Islam than between Hinduism and Buddhiusm, but I know that I am biased, being "Western", and have to subtract that bias. Again I end up with not knowing whether "East" or "West" is more diverse ...

The main difference between "East" and "West" as I define them is monotheism and its consequences (which are much more that just the number of Gods being 1). And since many consequences are shared by atheism (or at least classical atheism), atheism belongs to West (like a child that has gone astray).