Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SIDDIQA

My Way To The Truth...

As salam-o-aleikum dear sisters and brothers in Islam.

My way to Islam started in 2000. I got to know Islam through my husband (who was my boyfriend at that time). For a long time I was in my own spiritual quest, and once I have read the message that Islam brings, all my questions were answered. I started living according the teachings of Islam, though I was not a muslim. Then Ramadan started. I was fasting along with my husband. And on the last Friday of Ramadan my husband invited the imam of our local Masjid to our house. We had a dinner and started talking. And imam told me that it is the best time to embrace Islam, as EID is so close.... so I went to the kitchen "to prepare myself" :laugh: I remember, I didn't even had a proper head cover.... and the one I had, I was so ashamed to wear.... :D Finally, after half an hour of hiding in the kitchen, my husband came and took me out of there. Then, repeating the shahada after the imam, I became a muslim, and my husband chose me a name SIDDIQA... :D

Al-hamdulillah, with the help of Allah, it has been 5 years since I became a muslim.... :D

PropellerAds
Walaykums-salaam!

OHHHHHHH MASHA Allah! How beautiful!....Nice name. What does it mean?

As-salaamu alaikum,

First of all: hearing stories how people come to Islam, always bring back so many memories and emotions to me. Alhamdulillah sis, I am a revert too.

Uhm..as far as I know..the name Siddiqa means someone righteous, someone you can trust, someone who speaks the truth? But don't take my word on it though..

Fi aman illah,

Sis Iman

:D

Masha'Allah welcome to Islam dear sisters.

May Allah grant you peace and hapiness in both worlds insha'Allah, ameen.

btw, you're right sister Wardatul Islam, again :D

Siddiqa is one of the nick names of Fatimah, the blessed daughter of the Prophet :D , it means she is a woman who has scrupulous honesty and sincerity, believing in the commands of Allah and his Prophet, never doubting for one moment. Just the thought of the meaning is so beautiful it makes you shiver. May Allah makes each one of us a 'Siddiq' and a 'Siddiqa'.

Girls, you really know your way to picking up the best of the best names! :D

Masha'Allah. Barak Allah feekum wa jazakum koll khayr.

As-salaamu alaikum,

Indeed it is a beautiful name, with an even more wonderful meaning. I even considered the name myself when I tried to find a nice name. We should really choose our names carefully..

Sis Iman

Siddiqa is one of the nick names of Fatimah, the blessed daughter of the Prophet  , it means she is a woman who has scrupulous honesty and sincerity, believing in the commands of Allah and his Prophet, never doubting for one moment. Just the thought of the meaning is so beautiful it makes you shiver. May Allah makes each one of us a 'Siddiq' and a 'Siddiqa'.

Salam to all, who wrote here. :D

Yes, brother, my husband had in mind all this about the honesty and sincerity, that's why he had chosen me this name.

:D And my daughter's name is Fatima. :D

Thank you all, brothers and sisters for welcoming me here, it is very pleasant to be one among you. Jazakallahkahir.

Sister S. :D

its good to hear people embracing Islam despite how western media link Islam with terror!!!

its good to hear people embracing Islam despite how western media link Islam with terror!!!

I agree..but I think for any person who is able to think for him/herself, you are able to look past all the propaganda they feed us with about Islam, once u start to read more into what Islam is about...

Which country are from sis ?

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=8058&view=findpost&p=77084"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showto...indpost&p=77084[/url]

I love to hear stories of Conversion and your's was great. :D :biggrin:

assalammualaikum,

i love reading all the stories. And posting thank you for sharing is another way to get my fifty post ASAP.

salaam

salaam sister and mashallah!

really so nice to read.....im so happy for you...

on this reversion stories we all can learn so much, and become even more aware how Islam is the right way, and how more and more people are finding it...

thanks for sharing....

all best wishes.....

:D,

I was just wondering, what's your race? I just wanted to know, just because. If you're American, it would be amazing, but even if it's not, good job :D.

Walai Kum Assalam

Salam alaikum..

Its very nice to marry someone who brings us closer to Allah. And this is one of the reason why I love converted Muslim. They found Islam because they seek the truth and it makes them appreciate Hidayah given by Allah to them. Usually, converted Muslims are very nice to me. Youre so lucky sis for being chosen by Allah to be someone who is safes fid dunya wal akhirah InsyAllah...

I wish, I could marry a converted Muslim, InsyAllah.. Aameen.. Cant imagine how nice it will be, meeting someone who really loves and practises Islam...

Owh yeah sis, how was your family reaction regarding to your conversion?

Nice to hear your full story. Salam alaikum..

Salam alaikum..

Its very nice to marry someone who brings us closer to Allah. And this is one of the reason why I love converted Muslim. They found Islam because they seek the truth and it makes them appreciate Hidayah given by Allah to them. Usually, converted Muslims are very nice to me. Youre so lucky sis for being chosen by Allah to be someone who is safes fid dunya wal akhirah InsyAllah...

I wish, I could marry a converted Muslim, InsyAllah.. Aameen.. Cant imagine how nice it will be, meeting someone who really loves and practises Islam...

Salam alaikum..

Salam alaikum..

Asalaam Alikum

Welcome to IF Sister Siddiqa. :D

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as the rest of us.

Salaams

Brother Chrism