Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paki Brother

Its Dawaa Time!

:D

My family and I InshaAllah will be giving a presentation on Islam to my sister's school class in about a week or two. The kids are 8-10 years old.

Well we need some creative ideas or any ideas will do.

What aspects of Islam should we cover? How can we make it interactive?

I figured that since most of them are Christians we could first cover the 5 pillars of Islam and then talk about some things that make a Muslim different from others in basic terms and then talk about Isa (AS).

Think we should maybe show a documentary video clip about Islam? Maybe play a game at the end to see who paid attention and pass out candy to the kids who get the answers right?

I am expecting some parent's kids to have a cow at the school teacher after they find out we did the presentation on Islam but oh well. Still think it would be a good idea to give them a pamphlet on what Islam is and maybe they can pass it on to their parents InshaAllah.

JazakAllah Khairun in advance.

PropellerAds

Walaikumassalam

May Allah help you in your efforts...

pls dont forget to include the touchstone " Surat-ul-Ikhlas"

this is what differentiates us from all....

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Maybe tickle their senses. Pass round dates and say 'this is what we often break our fasts with'. (Seeing as dates are sweet, I'm sure they'd like them). Could let them try out some attar. Play a clip of Qur'an.

Wassalaam.

My family and I InshaAllah will be giving a presentation on Islam to my sister's school class in about a week or two.  The kids are 8-10 years old.

Well we need some creative ideas or any ideas will do. 

What aspects of Islam should we cover?  How can we make it interactive? 

I figured that since most of them are Christians we could first cover the 5 pillars of Islam and then talk about some things that make a Muslim different from others in basic terms and then talk about Isa (AS).

Think we should maybe show a documentary video clip about Islam?  Maybe play a game at the end to see who paid attention and pass out candy to the kids who get the answers right?

I am expecting some parent's kids to have a cow at the school teacher after they find out we did the presentation on Islam but oh well.  Still think it would be a good idea to give them a pamphlet on what Islam is and maybe they can pass it on to their parents InshaAllah.

JazakAllah Khairun in advance.

you could set up a trivia game or split them up into teams and quiz them that way. Ameen to the above duaa. :smile:

Asalamu Alaykum

Kids’ attention span at that age is that of a 3 year old and boys are even worse. So not only will you need to draw their attention to something fun but also teach them something.

You could make it that there is a prize to win in the end (obviously something that will make any kid to drool)

You could make them play noughts and crosses in the end where every time they answer a question correctly they choose where they want to put their cross or nought. If they get it wrong it goes to the other side…if they also get it wrong you tell them the right answer and go back to the first team that failed to answer the question.

Teach them how to say ‘Asalamu Alaykum’ and simple greetings.

Play a nasheed, one in Arabic and one in English (Ahmed Bukhatir-last breath is good)

Every time you see them half asleep make a funny comment (of course you’ll have to work hard on that…joking)

Erm….that is all I can come up with….sorry brother.

May Allah (swt) make it easy for you and your family and inshallah I shall remember you in my duas.

Best of luck brother.

assalaamu alaykum,

dont care what age they are, the one thing you MUST talk about when giving dawah is tawhid though you dont need to use that word.

you could talk about how we differ on Isa and then bring in the issue of how we believe the christians to be wrong on this and the Islamic belief in the supreme oneness of Allah (swt) without partner or associate.

why not take three glasses of water in and how them how three cannot be one as a visual aid.

why not take three glasses of water in and how them how three cannot be one as a visual aid.

-Dawud

Assalam alaykum :smile:

These kids are 8-10 years old, I don't think they know what the trinity, or even religion, is. You should not just declare that Christian beliefs are wrong, but compare the religions.

Tell them about the pillars of our Faith, the five pillars of Islam, the Best of Creation, Muhammad(Allah's peace and blessings be upon him), the Qur'an, etc. You'll need to explain everything in detail.

Could let them try out some attar.

-Borbus

Attar doesn't really have anything to do with Islam, it's more of a cultural thing.

Edited by Yousuf

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Maybe tickle their senses. Pass round dates and say 'this is what we often break our fasts with'. (Seeing as dates are sweet, I'm sure they'd like them). Could let them try out some attar. Play a clip of Qur'an.

Wassalaam.

but b careful abt this as someone mite b allergic. u don't want unnecessary trouble.

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

I mentioned attar, because I was under the impression that the Prophets (saw) liked perfumes...? But I agree that there are more important things, it's just that I thought it would help make a nice impression.

Wassalaam.

Assalam alaykum

You're right, Rasul Allah(s.a.w) did like musk, but he didn't use atter. Why use atter, why not something else then?

Asalamu Alaykum

Attar? do you guys want the poor kids coming out the class being chased by bees and have headache? :D :D

the pillars of Islam is important...

teach them...

Arkanu Islam

Arkanu Iman

Arkanu Ihsan

:D everyone for the responses...we have an hour to make our presentation so I will do all the planning this weekend InshaAllah and let me know if you come up with any other ideas.

Well the presentation is coming up on Thursday and thanks to my procrastination and wisdom teeth dilemma I am still making up the lesson plan.

Anyone else have anything else to add?

Oh one more thing...does anyone know where I can get a video clip online about Islam that will be appropriate to show these kids. Hopefully someone does.

Edited by Paki Brother

Maybe this:

* surah Ikhlas

* Terrorism and true proespect of jihad

* Have a question-answer sesion where tehy ask u questions regarding Islam, make sure u have the answers!

* Talk about science and Islam maybe

* Some fundementals of Islam

Edited by Danish

Jus thought I'd let everyone know how the presentation went.

I must have heard the word "Whoa!" about 1000 times when we first got there as they were all pointing towards my beard. I heard one kid say "He has one of those goat beards"... that was hillarious! They also thought I was my sister's dad cuzz the beard made me look older.

My mom talked about Pakistan and I talked about Islam through our powerpoint slides which they loved. They really liked the mango juice and some liked the dates while others didn't. The kids seemed to have had fun. We had a contest to see who finished the word search of the different prophets names first. Gave the first girl and first boy a prize.

As you can imagine, many of them were surprised to see that we believe in Isa (AS) as a prophet of Islam.

In all the time flew by and we didn't get to do a few more things we had planned and suprisingly they were paying attention the whole time...which was a big shocker for me.

The teacher as well was surprised by many basic teachings of Islam that we had mentioned as ofcourse it goes against the stereotypes that many people have about Muslims.

Alhamdulillah it was a great experience and the teacher told my mom that I would be a good teacher which I have been trying to get my mom to let me do but to no avail.

They all wrote us individual thank you letters a few days later and asked us to come back again.