Islamic Forum
Muslimah900

Hypocrites & Believers-with Sins

assalaamu alaikum

1) could somebody please explain what distinguishes a hypocrite from a believer-with-sins, or are they one and the same?

2) also, what is the fate of the believers-with-sins and the fate of the hypocrites?

3) do the muslims who believe in Allah and His Messenger (saw) but do not act upon the teachings and are very sinful (steal, murder, cheat etc.), will these people eventually go to Heaven as well?

4) and last question, when your deeds are weighed on Day of Judgement, if you have more good deeds, will you still be punished for the bad deeds that you have?

jazahkallah khair in advance.

PropellerAds

Asalamu'Alycom

When I come back from Uni I will post the answers Inshahallah, unless somebody posts them up before me.

assalaamu alaikum

1) could somebody please explain what distinguishes a hypocrite from a believer-with-sins, or are they one and the same?

2) also, what is the fate of the believers-with-sins and the fate of the hypocrites?

3) do the muslims who believe in Allah and His Messenger (saw) but do not act upon the teachings and are very sinful (steal, murder, cheat etc.), will these people eventually go to Heaven as well?

4) and last question, when your deeds are weighed on Day of Judgement, if you have more good deeds, will you still be punished for the bad deeds that you have?

jazahkallah khair in advance.

Walaikumassalam

The four questions you have asked ar enot so simple to explain, although their answers may be given in a page or so...

but to explain in detail every question deserves to be a book...

im expecting something from brother Abu_sohaylah or Hamoudeh or Mumameen

lets see

:D forgive me, old members, maybe I can try to explain this? Very shortly, the main differences are:

A hypocrite is the one that doesn't believe. He/she is the one that associates God with other things. There is a good decription of the hypocrite in the Holy Quran. And I hope some brothers will post it here. On the other hand, a believer is a believer, only he /she did some sins, for which he/she will be accountable.

Naturally, it is concidered, that sooner or later, once they will account for their sins, the believers will enter the Heaven, and hypocrites will stay in Hell, BUT - which one of you can state it for granted??? Which one of you knows what the final decision of Allah-ta-Allah will be? And which one of you will be so brave to say that? I think no one, because we are humble muslims, and it is better and more beneficial to us to worry about our own sins and how to do more good deeds.

Only Allah knows to whom he will forgive and to whom not. It is not for us to engage in such talks as we can never know how big Allah's mercy is and what His finnal decision will be.

I think yes, we all will have to account for all the bad things we have done.

Sis S. :D

Asslum Alakum my brother

hypocrite is a way of saying: a person who professes beliefs and opinions that they do not hold

also, what is the fate of the believers-with-sins and the fate of the hypocrites?

4:140 Already has He sent you Word in the Book, that when ye hear the signs of Allah held in defiance and ridicule, ye are not to sit with them unless they turn to a different theme: if ye did, ye would be like them. For Allah will collect the hypocrites and those who defy faith - all in Hell:-

4:88 Why should ye be divided into two parties about the hypocrites? Allah hath upset them for their (evil) deeds. Would ye guide those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way? For those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way, never shalt thou find the Way.

4:138 To the hypocrites give the glad tidings that there is for them (but) a grievous penalty;-

4:61 When it is said to them: "Come to what Allah hath revealed, and to the Messenger.: Thou seest the hypocrites avert their faces from thee in disgust.

3:167 And the hypocrites also. These were told: "Come, fight in the way of Allah, or (at least) drive (The foe from your city)." They said: "Had we known how to fight, we should certainly have followed you." They were that day nearer to Unbelief than to Faith, saying with their lips what was not in their hearts but Allah hath full knowledge of all they conceal.

4:142 The hypocrites - they think they are over-reaching Allah, but He will over- reach them: When they stand up to prayer, they stand without earnestness, to be seen of men, but little do they hold Allah in remembrance;

4:145 The hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire: no helper wilt thou find for them;-

9:68 Allah hath promised the hypocrites men and women, and the rejecters, of Faith, the fire of Hell: Therein shall they dwell: Sufficient is it for them: for them is the curse of Allah, and an enduring punishment,-

9:101 Certain of the desert Arabs round about you are hypocrites, as well as (desert Arabs) among the Medina folk: they are obstinate in hypocrisy: thou knowest them not: We know them: twice shall We punish them: and in addition shall they be sent to a grievous penalty.

-------------------------------------------------

and last question, when your deeds are weighed on Day of Judgement, if you have more good deeds, will you still be punished for the bad deeds that you have?

2:54 And remember Moses said to his people: "O my people! Ye have indeed wronged yourselves by your worship of the calf: So turn (in repentance) to your Maker, and slay yourselves (the wrong-doers); that will be better for you in the sight of your Maker." Then He turned towards you (in forgiveness): For He is Oft- Returning, Most Merciful.

2:58 And remember We said: "Enter this town, and eat of the plenty therein as ye wish; but enter the gate with humility, in posture and in words, and We shall forgive you your faults and increase (the portion of) those who do good."

2:109 Quite a number of the People of the Book wish they could Turn you (people) back to infidelity after ye have believed, from selfish envy, after the Truth hath become Manifest unto them: But forgive and overlook, Till Allah accomplish His purpose; for Allah Hath power over all things.

2:199 Then pass on at a quick pace from the place whence it is usual for the multitude so to do, and ask for Allah's forgiveness. For Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

2:221 Do not marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise.

2:268 The Evil one threatens you with poverty and bids you to conduct unseemly. Allah promiseth you His forgiveness and bounties. And Allah careth for all and He knoweth all things.

--------------------------------------------------

3:162 Is the man who follows the good pleasure of Allah Like the man who draws on himself the wrath of Allah, and whose abode is in hell?- A woeful refuge!

4:93 If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is hell, to abide therein (For ever): And the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him.

4:97 When angels take the souls of those who die in sin against their souls, they say: "In what (plight) Were ye?" They reply: "Weak and oppressed Were we in the earth." They say: "Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to move yourselves away (From evil)?" Such men will find their abode in hell,- What an evil refuge! -

4:115 If anyone contends with the Messenger even after guidance has been plainly conveyed to him, and follows a path other than that becoming to men of Faith, We shall leave him in the path he has chosen, and land him in hell,- what an evil refuge!

4:121 They (his dupes) will have their dwelling in hell, and from it they will find no way of escape.

Guest Shadeed Muwahid

Assalamu Aleikum

As a reminder, I warn you whom you call a hypocrite (munafiq). Munafiq is the worst that a person can be. A munafiq is worse that a kafir. So be careful to call someone munafig. A mu'min who dies with a sin does not die as munafiq.

In Qur'an, in the beginning of Surah Al-Baqarah there are three types of persons described which are the Mu'mineen, Kuffar (Kafireen) and the Munafiqeen. They are all three different groups. The munafiqeen are the worst. They will be in the lowest ranks of hellfire whereas the Kuffar will be in the higher ranks of hellfire. Both will remain in hellfire eternally.

A believer, a Muslim who commit sins is still a Muslim and is still a believer. They might be punished in the hereafter for their sin, even a temporal punishment in hellfire is possible on account of the shortcomings of the believers but they will someday enter Paradise.

Munafiqeen are not Kuffar but they are worse. They do not believe although they have the guidance. They pretend that they are believers in front of you but when you turn your back then he or she just laughs at you. Munafiqeen are like Shayateen who wisper to people who have low iman to do bad things or to leave Islam.

Kuffar do not hide like the Munafiqeen because they tell you straight forward that they do not believe but the Munafiq is someone who "reverts" to Islam but from the inside they deceive brothers and sisters. Kuffar are like hayeena or lions or predators who attack you openly but the munafiq are like germ or viruses or bacteria who attack you from the inside or from within. It is easier to figure out who is the Kuffar because they are straight forward but the munafiqeen are those who gain knowledge but they lead the people astray although they know the truth. Kuffar may be far away from the message but the munafiqeen are in center of knowledge but they hide the knowledge and they guide others astray willfully and with full intention to deceive.

Salam

assalaamu alaikum

could somebody please explain what distinguishes a hypocrite from a believer-with-sins, or are they one and the same?

Very different, sin means breaking the law/laws, in which Allah is merciful, the Prophets are Shafee.

The hypocrites are the people who joined believers but they don't belief, these outsiders, very destructive. Spies categorically are munafiq.

And when they fall in with those who believe, they say:

We believe; but when they go apart to their devils they declare:

Lo! we are with you; verily we did but mock. (2:14)

And that He might know the hypocrites, unto whom it was said:

Come, fight in the way of Allah, or defend yourselves. They answered:

If we knew aught of fighting we would follow you.

On that day they were nearer disbelief than faith.

They utter with their mouths a thing which is not in their hearts.

Allah is Best Aware of what they hide.( 3:167)

the rest are the same

Was Salaam.

Guest Shadeed Muwahid

Is this hypocrisy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assalaamu'alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Question by a brother:

I have a question regarding hypocrisy. I am in high school, and unfortunately I see a lot of people, Muslim and non-Muslim, doing things that haraam and against Islam. I make an effort to point these things out to people so they may learn from it. I was talking to a Muslim brother online and he told me that he was selling music CDs. I told him that he shouldn't do this because it's haraam. He came back at me and told me that I download software off the internet and that's stealing and is haraam as well. I felt so bad and felt like such a big hypocrite. But we all sin, so if we told others to stop the haraam that they do, is that not hypocrisy as well in all cases? I know a true Muslim should make his best effort to stay away from all sin and therefore shouldn't fall in the realm of hypocrisy, but the fact is we all have our bad habits. Should we not forbid the evil until we ourselves rid ourselves of habitually committing any sinful acts?

Answer by Sheikh Yaser Birjas

Every Muslim is obligated to observe two things:

1. refrain from all acts of evil

2. command others of good and forbid them from evil

If he fails doing one he should not fail the other.

As long as you’re doing your best and having no intention continuing the bad habits you have then you’re commanded to forbid against that same evil if possible and other evils too.

The warning in the Qur’an for those who contradict their actions with their statements according for Sheikhul Islam Ibn Taymiyyah and others is for those who have no intention of ridding themselves of such evil for that is the act of hypocrisy.

Wallahu Aa’lam