Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

Help With Post Grad In Uk

:D

i know we have a large UK population here so i'd like to know how the schooling system works there..

i'm interested in the university system to be more precise including average costs for say post grad programs in Electrical Engineering etc and which schools are considered good..

Ashton University in Birmingham??

thanks..

PropellerAds

Wihtout scholarship then £3000 to £15,000 a year.

some PhD studentships you get paid £20,000 a year.

look up studenships on "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.jobs.ac.uk/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.jobs.ac.uk/[/url] but I think you still have to pay fees. (non-EU)

guys i need more UKers respons plz....

okay well your into engineering so the best university in the U.K for that is Imperial College of London. Its the 3rd or 4th best in the U.K and it world known. Number 1 for your type of courses. There are other good universities in the U.k for your subject and you can study a variety of engerinering here.

this is last years guardian league table for unis to study electrical engineerier at:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_education.guardian.co.uk/universityguide2004/table/0,14557,1216978,00.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_education.guardian.co.uk/university...1216978,00.html[/url]

go to the link and it will give you detail. if you click on the names of the universties it will give you some info on it and a link to the university website where you can find a post grad online prospectus.

also if you want to look at othert types of enginerring then just click on the ones above you want.

im pretty sure, for studying a post grad here that you must get in contact with the university directly (if under grad then go to ucas(contact admin if its a beneficial link)). They should have the fees for each course up.

most post grads vary and as bro ahm pointed out they can range: £3000 to £15,000 a year. Im not sure if its the same for international students as well- it should be :D

in terms of location, i think bigger cities are the best. the major cities genreally have the best unis especially london (but thats for all type of courses). Birminham is okay but i dont think its all that. i could see it appealing to you because of the large asian community maybe but london is more diverse. Its also has more inernational students so your bound to find people from canada there then up midlands or north.

in terms of jobs again london is the captial and the hub of business, engerning and other sectors- public and private and pays the most amount of money. Other cities like manchester, liverpool and birmingham are regenrating so buisiness is starting to boom there.

london however is expensive! the cost of living is high compared to the other cities i have mentioned. also you'll proabably have to fork out a bit for public transport as well (rising every year :D ). again though you could find cheap accomadation and also apply for scholarships as well.

Cos your from toronto in canada, i think london would be more up your street- which is why i mentioned it more (oh yea and i live here so i know its the best :D ). its simlar in some respects to toronto because of the diverse nature of the city. the muslim community is large and we have plenty of masjids, active socties and things going on every year. Its also less colder then up midlands or north- trust me!

but then again your used to -25/30 so you'll be okay :D but its less rainy down south anyways (well not if you go right down south like cornwall or something but trust me you dont want to go down there!)

i hoped thats helped a bit.

do you plan on applying for september 2005? a later date?