Islamic Forum
Hasib

Where Would You Holiday With Your Spouse?

:D

I agree with Mujahada.

I understand what ur getting Slave, but i mean what better way to spend the first weeks of marriage in the house of Allah, purifying your souls together and asking for blessing in the marriage, gaining closer to Allah and compleating a pillar of your deen together.

Subnahallah, i mean that would be so great ^_^

I think thats what my dowry will be for any future hubs, hajj! :D

and yea after hajj, you can do what u want- not literally but u can travel for a bit, most people stay there for a couple of extra weeks anyways before going home. Maybe go to other parts of arabia. U know, go in a nicer hotel maybe and so on :biggrin:

Anyways that would be my ideal place to go first with my husband inshallah. Everywhere else is secondary.

PropellerAds
You must make hajj at least once in your life, so why not do it when your young and before you have children, I mean after a year together, there is the big possiblity, the wife will become pregnant, and then you will have to keep holding it off...and possibly not make it (am I exaggerating?)

you do have a good point, and i too use to have that mentality as you before but i changed it,

becuase if your married to a new spouse you would want to get to know them more, and you know do what couples do. and yes you can clean your souls together staying at home.

.but it doesnt have to be instantly after your wedding...

many people go on their honeymoons a month or two after they are married.

thats sound muccccch better, i didnt know that thought people go on honneymoon within weeks.

I understand what ur getting Slave, but i mean what better way to spend the first weeks of marriage in the house of Allah, purifying your souls together and asking for blessing in the marriage, gaining closer to Allah and compleating a pillar of your deen together.

i personly dont want to be thinking about any1 apart from Allah when i am in state of ihram, when your with a new spouse they cacn be rather tempting your thoughts

I think thats what my dowry will be for any future hubs, hajj! cool.gif
not a good idea, mahr should be somthin that you can fall back on if he dies or divorces you. he should take you hajj anyway. just an advice sis dont mean to be rude.

but yeh in my opinion its best would be to wait a few months before going hajj. :smile:

wa alikum salam,

i personly dont want to be thinking about any1 apart from Allah when i am in state of ihram, when your with a new spouse they cacn be rather tempting your thoughts

Looool :biggrin: I see your point, i would explain mine but i dont think its would apporaite, i dont know, so i'll keep schum.

Not a good idea, mahr should be somthin that you can fall back on if he dies or divorces you. he should take you hajj anyway. just an advice sis dont mean to be rude.

Yea i know your not being rude. Thanks for the advice bro :D Its just that with the mahr, to be honest these days guys cant afford that much anyways. and yea mahr should be there to fall back on if he dies but i dont know one person who still has that money lying around :biggrin: if its money, most dont leave it lying around for long. And yea, i would expect him to take me anyways, but i would prefer to go sooner than maybe after a couple years say- wedding genrelaly cost a bit along with the other thnigs needed.

I get what u mean though.

but yeh in my opinion its best would be to wait a few months before going hajj.  :smile:

yea well u can always get married months before hajj then. that way its just round the corner if u like.

anyways i keep what u said in mind bro :D

^^ there you go, atleast some of you lot have a head on your shoulders!

Bro slave: well said and so did Sis Mujahada :D

Peace, all!

eww man....canada?! thats the worst place to go. Theres nothing in canada. except snow. and niagara falls which is .......very boring. just a water fall....oh wow (i've been to it like 10 time
s).

Aw, you are so wrong. Canada is beautiful. Admittedly, it's also huge and the populated parts of Ontario aren't all that interesting. Algonquin park is pretty darn good, though, and so is Point Peelee during migration season, if you want to see something interesting and beautiful. Or go to Kirkland in the late summer and pick wild blueberries with the bears.

Montreal is as pretty a city as any. People say Prince Edward Island is really nice. It's a pretty popular tourist destination among Americans, actually. I've never been there. I did have a wonderful and weird time in New Brunswick, where nobody likes to go, but I did have special passage to stay on a little island that's an ornithological research station. I wanted to see Leach's Storm Petrels, and I did. And lots of other birds I never see at home. I'm afraid my vacations are always really about birdwatching. I heartily encourage you to take it up and travel to the extremely boring state of Nebraska (or some point in Canada where this will also happen) at the time when the Sandhill Cranes go by on their migration. They are huge and beautiful and there are hundreds upon hundreds of them and it'll make you go, "God is GREAT!" Very healthy.

In fact, my suggestion for the honeymoon (before I even read the thread) is Victoria, British Columbia. In the early spring when all the flowering trees on the streets are in bloom. It's never warm enough to swim in the ocean, but you could go sailing or sea-kayaking, or just stand and look at the water. There are orca-whales to see. You can take a ferry to Vancouver, and stand on the deck to look at all the pretty little islands that you pass, and then have a quite large city to amuse yourself in. There's another ferry that goes to Seattle.

I guess it really depends on what you want to get out of your vacation. A lot of people seem to want to just lie around on beaches and swim. I hear Antigua is nice and Cancun is tacky, for that. Or they like to go on roller-coasters and the like, which bores me. What's more hideous than DisneyWorld? Oy.

LOLZ where we live, ufffff, tooo many dead people around, and all of em young and all of em have same thing in common, they all got shot.

Edited by Mohammad ibn Naeem

^^roflmao....ye toronto is dead city. canada is dead country. unless you wanna go camping in the woods or something. that could be kewl and daring. might get attacked by a bear...but thats why you carry glock22.

but thats all canada has got.

Guest amani

really?

canada was already ticked off my list but now :D

no thanks

LOLZ we saved at least one person from coming to this crzy country lolz j/k

thats easy, Somalia of course to see my ill father and to meet his parents :D and then on to Hajj inshalllah

Peace.

Aw, you won't get attacked by a bear. At least, not an ordinary bear. Maybe a polar bear, but that'd be a pretty harsh camping trip to begin with. Really, bears are pretty mellow. Just pretend not to notice them and move away, and keep your food in a bag hanging from a tree, away from your tent.

Really, I don't get it. You guys don't seem to think wildlife or scenic mountains are interesting. But I can't imagine that you want to go to night-clubs, art museums, music concerts or plays. So what is it about a place that would make you think it's a good vacation spot?

id get a caravan and go trippen across the middle east south east asia.. and towards the far east of asia.... ideally

everything else seems boring.

^^roflmao....ye toronto is dead city. canada is dead country. unless you wanna go camping in the woods or something. that could be kewl and daring. might get attacked by a bear...but thats why you carry glock22.

:D I donno how you could say that. I love Canada..and like Kale said it is beautiful. Sure it's cold-in the winters up north! Summer time there's a lot to do...go mountain biking..go rock climbing...go horse-back riding...go skydiving...You can't say Canada is the worst place to go because you haven't been all around the country yet..Anyway...I didn't think of hajj for after getting married...great idea.

you are very immature brother. i've had the unfortunate pleasure :D of reading many of your posts! i belive you dont truly understand what you are saying.

i can say many things abou this but i wont because you have already made up your mind so.. :laugh:

rofl. if you enjoy seeing cows....n......other barn animals....then please come to canada. other than that....this place has nothing. niagara falls....is a 1 min wonder. after that....u'd be sick of it.

so what u have in mind doomhammer? whats so good about "Canada"?

EDIT: Canada is the last place you would wana go for a honeymoon.

new Zealand, maritiaus (spelling).

are there any good muslsim tourist place other than Saudi & Dubai. been there toooooo many times.

Peace.

Really, MedinaMuniwara. It sounds as if you have confused 'Canada' with 'Kitchener.' Have you ever actually left Southern Ontario?

new Zealand, maritiaus (spelling).

are there any good muslsim tourist place other than Saudi & Dubai. been there toooooo many times.

Turkey is amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing..been tehre when i was like 6. still got memories of it. Turkey, Syria...very good places to visit.

Assalamu alaikum

Mauritius, maldives or turkey.

Wslm

After seeing this one particular masjid on my calendar I have to go see it InshaAllah. It's in Malaysia so thats my pick. South Africa would also be nice I guess. Then again so would Turkey or UAE. Those are my choices.

There is nothing haraam about going on holiday with your spouse akhi.

However I think we should stop using the word honeymoon. It originates from very strong English wine, made from honey - called "mead". Traditions dictated, a few hundred years ago, that a newly married couple would get drunk on mead every day for one lunar month (hence "honeymoon").

Perhaps just ask, where are you and your wife/husband going on holiday?  :D

:D the practice of honeymoon is itself non-muslim. It is a foreign custom and tradition alien to our religion

The Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: "You will imitate the nations before you very closely to the extent that if they went into a lizard's hole, you would enter it as well� his companions, may Allaah be pleased with them, inquired: “(Do you mean) the Jews and Christians, O Messenger of Allaah?� He sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam replied: "Who else?� (Bukhaari & Muslim). The Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam also said: "The Day of Judgment will not come until my Nation closely imitates the nations before them.� It was asked: “Like the Persians and Romans, Messenger of Allaah?� He sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam replied: "Who are the nations (I could mean) except those?� (Bukhaari).

The Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam foretold that some of his nation will imitate the People of the Book, namely the Jews and Christians, as well as other non-Arabs, namely the Persians and Romans. Allaah says that which means: "[You disbelievers are] like those before you; they were stronger than you in power and more abundant in wealth and children. They enjoyed their portion [of worldly enjoyment], and you have enjoyed your portion as those before you enjoyed their portion, and you have engaged [in vanities] like that in which they engaged…" (At-Tawbah: 69). Ibn ‘Abbaas, may Allaah be pleased with him, commented on this verse by saying: “These are the Children of israel that we will imitate.� Ibn Mas’ood, may Allaah be pleased with him, also said in this regard: “You are closely similar to the Children of israel as far as outside appearance and manners are concerned, but I do not know whether you will worship the calf (as they did) or not.�

"…And who is more astray than one who follows his desire without guidance from Allaah? Indeed, Allaah does not guide the wrongdoing people." (Al-Qasas: 50).

I dont belive in wasting money with nonsense like honeymoon, wedding parties etc.

There are staaarving people out there and they have no idea where their next feed is coming from...and we are talking about honeymoon. We are being tested with all these money and they are being tested too..so why dont we pass the test with flying colours?

My first and the last holiday was in Dubia in 2002, and i felt so bad that we were wasting money (£400 for the price of ticket to start with) whilst there were millions of starving kids...how can we think of such a thing??

:D Exactly

The wife should get ready for a divorce if she asks for a honeymoon.

i am gona settle in Saudi neways so i dont take ma travels as honeymoon, and :D for that^

Guest amani
Peace.

Really, I don't get it. You guys don't seem to think wildlife or scenic mountains are interesting. But I can't imagine that you want to go to night-clubs, art museums, music concerts or plays. So what is it about a place that would make you think it's a good vacation spot?

hmm what id want?

id want a nice clean secluded hot beach

to just chill out and swim whatever else

i seen some pics of the maldives and it looks welllll nice

and on the way, a shoppingtrip to dubai will suit me well.

aslaam alykum,

ok the perfect 'honey moon',

ok picture this, ur in canada (dont switch of it gets better) by niagra falls, with ol' wifey, and its sunset, your sitting together gazing into each others eyes lovingly, you have just had you picnic, you share a joke, then sit there in silence, then..............

suddenly,

george bush, tony blair, and ariel sharon appear out f no where, so this is your chance, you walk up to them point at something, and whilr there distracted you push them and watch them fall to there watery graves, you run, grab you picnic and get out of there, and as far as anyone knows it was all a 'terrible tragedy'.

why els would i pick niagra falls, if i wanted to watch water falling when i got married, i would have sat in a bath tub and switched on the tap.....

wa alykum aslaaam