Islamic Forum
Hasib

Where Would You Holiday With Your Spouse?

PropellerAds
ohhh greeaatttt  :D

lol why hate the news bringer..

but its not like sharks jumping out of water and eating people.. its more like some people fell overboard from one of those dum gondolas and didnt surface because of tiger sharks and 2nd incident is when some people went diving well we know the rest.. speaking of gondolas though they may be romantic and what not they are not safe at all! i'm surprised the local authorities still have those running but i guess they draw lots of $ so thats why..

Also i would refrain from using the word honeymoon due to reasons cited by brother Anj which i totally agree with. We are here to learn afterall.. :D

:D

I alwayz wanted to go to Maledives for ma honeymoon but now with the tsunami and all :D

so i think we wud go to Malaysia and Indonesia :D

i love it there and its so beautiful :D

lol why hate the news bringer..

but its not like sharks jumping out of water and eating people.. its more like some people fell overboard from one of those dum gondolas and didnt surface because of tiger sharks and 2nd incident is when some people went diving well we know the rest.. speaking of gondolas though they may be romantic and what not they are not safe at all! i'm surprised the local authorities still have those running but i guess they draw lots of $ so thats why..

Also i would refrain from using the word honeymoon due to reasons cited by brother Anj which i totally agree with. We are here to learn afterall.. :D

i dont hate you and never said i did bro :smile:

Well ive sat on a similar boat in karachi just inches from the water surface and Alhamdulillah we were all safe, although im positive i saw a crocodile surface in the water a few yards away from the boat - but everyone told me it was just a log :D

Yep they are romantic and dream like so i think i'll risk it and sit on one, and make my husband sit on one too!

I alwayz wanted to go to Maledives for ma honeymoon but now with the tsunami and all :D

so i think we wud go to Malaysia and Indonesia  :D

i love it there and its so beautiful  :D

Assalamu alaikum sis,

Maldives was my choice too, beautiful place.......but i don't understand why u don't wanna go there anymore?? Wasn't Indonesia the worst affected place by the tsunami??

Wslm

aslaam alykum,

i dont really like the idea of 'honeymooning' it is just a bit dodgy. with the money i save, i could buy my wife a really nice gift or something, like a car or someat...

wa alykum aslaam

but its not like sharks jumping out of water and eating people..

:D hahaha brother, i dunno why but that cracked me up. *imagines sharks jumping on board gondolas with a knife and fork in each fin and a napkin tied around their necks* hehe. but... that means that venice is in... the sea? (as opposed to like the canals being freshwater)

asalamu alaikum

Wouldn't the ideal honeymoon be an all around the world cruise? Stopping off at your favourite destinations?

Apparantly, Thailand, Malaysia and Mauritius are the most common places where married couples go on their honeymoon. That is followed by the Caribbean.

Brother ibn Naeem, dont make that mistake again. :laugh:

ya i wont, not if my dreams/ambitions are going to be made fun of

all i gotta say is blood and dead ppl isnt very romantic

Asalamu alaikum

^^^ agreed.

to each his own.

i don't really care for a "honeymoon" or a "vacation" right after i get married. InshaAllah i'll use that money for better purposes.

Asalamu alaikum

^^^ agreed.

to each his own.

i don't really care for a "honeymoon" or a "vacation" right after i get married. InshaAllah i'll use that money for better purposes.

lol plz refrain from using the word honeymoon for reasons cited by brother Anj.. but yes i understand what you are saying.

It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month ... which we know today as the honeymoon.

salam

anyone considered Makkah or Madinah cuz thats definetely where id go!!! :D

wasalam

Guest amani

how does anyone consider a wedding/after wedding holiday in the caribbean? like on the beach?

antigua :D

maybe bahamas :D

possibly jamaica :biggrin:

^^ sounds very good!

be warned about jamaica..

i personally know jamaicans who dont want to go back :D

why? :D whats wrong with jamaica? :D

according to one of my co-worker joan whos born and rasied there -- man i aint never setting foot in that country.. too much gangs and violence and killing..

asalamu alaikum

Brother, it all depends as to which part of the island you go to.

Guest amani
according to one of my co-worker joan whos born and rasied there -- man i aint never setting foot in that country.. too much gangs and violence and killing..

that quite a few caribbean islands :smile:

my cousin went there and seemed to like it :D

my cousin went there and seemed to like it :D

joan lived there for 32 years :D

Guest amani

oh well ill ask where the good spots are then :D

if its known :D

Edited by amani

I have 3 wide choices.. either latin america or australia or europe somewhere...

:D sis

Assalamu alaikum sis,

Maldives was my choice too, beautiful place.......but i don't understand why u don't wanna go there anymore?? Wasn't Indonesia the worst affected place by the tsunami??

Wslm

um ya a part of indonesia atjeh very sad :D

but i heard that almost all of maledives is gone... :D

anywayz i was talkin about Java in indonesia which isnt that much affected...i was there last summer and it was awesome :D so thats where i wanna go...and i might still go to maledives tho.. :D just makin sure i got a back up plan :D

asalamu alaikum

Huh, who changed the title?

Anywhere where there is white sand and you can go scuba diving! That would be awesome!