Sign in to follow this  
Servant_of_Allah_17

Fard And Sunnah

salaam

i was praying zuhr prayer in college

when some sisters asked me

what prayer i was doing

i told them i was doing 4 rakat sunnah together for zuhr

and they told me there is no such thing.

they said you can only pray 2 rakats for sunnah.

i don't know but iv been taught this all my

life and all the people in Masjid do it this way.

a bengali Masjid.

i was also taught that women and men do there prayer

a little different

for example women should sit different to men is that true?

sorry another question do women have to touch feet so there is no gap while praying

so the shaytaan don't join in? i heard that women have to keep there feet together

but in some places people do different.

can any one help and explain?

a hadith would be very good

wsalaam

PropellerAds

:sl:

1. re the sunnah, i am not 100% sure but these are the extra sunnahs prayed by Prophet Muhammed. some are compulsory to pray like 2 sunnah for fajr, 4 & 2 sunnahs for Zuhr, 2 sunnahs each for maghrib and isha. i am not sure why these sunnahs are compulsory and others (4 sunnah in asr AND 4 in Isha) are not.

2. regarding the feet: there is a hadeeth that states we should stand with shoulder to shoulder and feet to feet, some people take it to mean they should touch their feet with that of another person's. however we stand so that our shoulders are touching. this is regardless of gender. and yes if you leave gap between the shoulder then shaytan can come in, thats what we have heard too

3. the only thing that women are supposed to do different is (maybe there are more like u mentioned but i only know of one) when we stand and read Al-Fatiha etc theyshould fold their hands near the chest, and us men should fold our hands near to belly button. but again some men fold their hands near the chest just like women. (and no i it isnt wrong Imam Shafeeh followers do this)

Shez, your points 1 and 2 are also what I know. But not 3. Do you have any hadith or scholar ruling for it?

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

First I would like to address point 1 in Shez's post. The sunnah prayers are not fard (compulsory) in any case. The highest form of sunnah is Sunnah Muakkadah, which means Rasulullah (sall Allahu alaihi wa salam) ALWAYS performed it. Example: 2 rakaat before Salatul Fajr.

In response to your questions about the differences between the prayer of men and women, I encourage you to visit the website below which is a fatwa by Sheikh Muhammed Al-Munajjid.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?ref=1106&ln=eng&txt=woman%20pray"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?ref=1106&...xt=woman%20pray[/url]

Assalamu Alaykum

Dhuhr: 4 Raka'at Sunnah, 4 Raka'at Fardh, 2 Raka'at Sunnah, 2 Raka'at Nafl

The above it the best combination but it is also good to pray:

2 Raka'at Sunnah, 4 Raka'at Fardh, 2 Raka'ah Sunnah

Maybe, you misunderstood the sister because the question may be if you should pray the four raka'at with two salams = two times two raka'at or four raka'at with one salam in the end.

Let me ask the question:

If I pray the 4 Sunnah before Dhuhr, do I pray four raka'at with two tashahhuds and one salam or two times two raka'at (four raka'at with two salams)?

Salam

my question is brother if you should pray the four raka'at with two salams or four raka'at with one salam in the end.

this is for the sunnat for zuhr, before the fard

because the sister sed there is no such thing as 4 sunnah prayer with 1 salaam for zuhr

if you pray FOUR sunnahs then you should pray with one salaam. thats how Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) prayed and thats how we continue on praying

btw: sunnat muaqedda is something we should do if we dont do it then we will be questioned upon it.

if you pray FOUR sunnahs then you should pray with one salaam. thats how Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) prayed and thats how we continue on praying

btw: sunnat muaqedda is something we should do if we dont do it then we will be questioned upon it.

thank you

and i would like to add one more thing:

IF you are praying in uni, you must ensure that no Islamic sister goes infront of you (by that i mean so that you can see her) if that happens, you have to re-do your prayer, and same with if you hear a woman's voice. - according to Hanafi school of thought.