Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dawud_uk

Rulings From Askimam

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=13899"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=13899[/url]

assalaamu alaykum,

is there any basis for this from the Quran and sunnah, it is just it seems to be calling towards amulets and putting your trust in other than Allah.

please advice me on this, as i am fairly sure it is very very wrong to say something like this is permissable.

PropellerAds

Walaikum Assalam, brother!

The answer is absolutely wrong and has no basis. The first part is correct where they say

Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] said, ‘(The effect of the) eye is Haqq (true).’ When a person looks at something good or beautiful, he should say Maashaa Allah. That will avert the effect of a bad eye.

But when they say

Generally, one does not know whose eyes has fallen and whether the person said MaashaaAllah or not to avoid the effect of the eyes. It is, therefore, permissible for one to take precaution and adopt some means to ward off the effect of the eyes. It is a common practise to make a black mark on the cheeks of the child or wear a band of black beads on the hand or neck to achieve this. This is a precautionary measure and permissible.
the inference is wrong. The best ways to avoid evil is to read ayat al-kursee, the second last ayah of the Qur'an as it asks for protection from Allah :D from the evil eyes of the hasid . We must always remember that it is Allah :D who can save us from evil, and not amulets and charms.

I never refer to this site as it allows many things that are contradictory. I prefer Islam-qa.com. Their answer to a question on a similar issue is at "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=10543&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...&QR=10543&dgn=4[/url]. They have considered all aspects, as usual, and given the following ruling:

The scholars of the Standing Committee said:

The scholars are agreed that it is haraam to wear amulets if they contain anything other than Qur’aan, but they differed concerning those which do contain Qur’aan. Some of them said that wearing these is permitted, and others said that it is not permitted. The view that it is not permitted is more likely to be correct because of the general meaning of the ahaadeeth, and in order to prevent means of shirk.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ghadyaan, Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Qa’ood.

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 1/212) 

Wassalam

Assalaamu alaikum

Brother the Aalims who are answering at askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link) do posses good knowledge about deen. (They are non-arabs) So if you dis-agree with them it is your choice. I don't think unless you cut and paste from some where else, you have the knowledge equivalent to 1/100th of there's.

shukran

Walaikum Assalam!

Brother, there is no doubt that the Aalims who reply in askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link) have good knowledge of the deen. But their rulings are based on a school of thought that is questionable in certain respects. They only give opinions without sound basis as is the case in the link brother dawud_uk has provided.

I have done some research and have given a link that considers all aspects, quotes Qur'an and Hadith, and then gives a fatwa. The Fatwa I have copied for those brothers and sisters who do not read the whole answer.

Having given my reasons, can you tell me where I have erred? If you show me evidence, I shall apologise. If you cannot, I believe you owe me an apology for the personal remarks you have passed on me.

Wassalam

PS : Can you explain what you mean by (They are non-arabs)? Should that change the context of my response?

assalaamu alaykum,

if i can respond as the person first asking this question...

Generally, one does not know whose eyes has fallen and whether the person said MaashaaAllah or not to avoid the effect of the eyes. It is, therefore, permissible for one to take precaution and adopt some means to ward off the effect of the eyes. It is a common practise to make a black mark on the cheeks of the child or wear a band of black beads on the hand or neck to achieve this. This is a precautionary measure and permissible.

i really wonder how they came to this decision, i have only been a muslim for just over two years and immedietely it stood out as calling to potential shirk.

i could think of 1 or two haddith that stood out in direct contradiction to their ruling and yes i am not a scholar but when a scholar misguides people then it is even more important that this is pointed out as they will only misguide so many more people.

Brother, there is no doubt that the Aalims who reply in askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link) have good knowledge of the deen. But their rulings are based on a school of thought that is questionable in certain respects.

Brother Abu rafay, u need not feel hurt about my reply. The above quote explains your basic difference between you and the aalims there in askimam.com.

The group of aalims in askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link) discuss any issue before giving their rulings. Or it refers to the books of fatawas which were compiled in earlier centuries (khairul qurooni qarni). Now in present days the young muslims are taught to ask for references for each ruling (they DO have the capacity to give the references). But we believe the aalims and take their rulings as authentic in the light of Quran and Sunnah and we follow it. There can be difference of opinion, but it is ijtihad, it can happen. So brothers if you have difference of opinion do not think that others who give ruling without references. They would have gone through all the references. Let's not waste their precious time in asking for more. We are very smart when we consult a doctor, the same thing should apply to aalims also.

i really wonder how they came to this decision, i have only been a muslim for just over two years and immedietely it stood out as calling to potential shirk.

Assalaamu 'alaikom,

Maashaa Allah brother, may Allah only increase you in knowledge of Tawheed of Him.

:D

For reasons best known to you, the salutations have become unneccessary in your post.

Brother, there is no doubt that the Aalims who reply in askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link) have good knowledge of the deen. But their rulings are based on a school of thought that is questionable in certain respects.

Brother Abu rafay, u need not feel hurt about my reply. The above quote explains your basic difference between you and the aalims there in askimam.com.

I am not in a position to have any differences with Aalims. I am just a student at the basic level, compared to them. However, I can question them on the basis of my limited knowledge and on the basis of their drawing conclusions without evidence, which is valid in this case.

The group of aalims in askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link) discuss any issue before giving their rulings. Or it refers to the books of fatawas which were compiled in earlier centuries (khairul qurooni qarni).

That is besides the point. Compare the mode of discussion and the evidence presented by Askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link) and Islam-qa.com. I feel the former falls far short of the latter.

Now  in present days the young muslims are taught to ask for references for each ruling (they DO have the capacity to give the references).

It is for the allaim to give the evidence while giving the ruling. It is not left for the recipient to ask.

But  we believe the aalims and take their rulings as authentic in the light of Quran and Sunnah and we follow it.

Sorry, I do not follow blindly. I have some knowledge, may be a little, but sufficient to distinbguish right from wrong, :D.

There can be difference of opinion, but it is ijtihad, it can happen. So brothers if you have difference of opinion do not think that others who give ruling without references. They would have gone through all the references. Let's not waste their precious time in asking for more. 

I am sorry I did not get the direction of your argument. Is difference of opinion accepted or rejected, and wheree is the ijtehad in the case in point? Without evidence (daleel) no statement is valid. It becomes a personal opinion.

We are very smart when we consult a doctor, the same thing should apply to aalims also.

Yes, if I have medical knowledge I will. If I meet some consultant in my field, I do not accept his version, unless there is evidence to support his opinion.

Wassalam

Assalaamu alaykum

In my earlier post the computer had some problem and my salutations and your quotes some how got missed.

Sorry, I do not follow blindly. I have some knowledge, may be a little, but sufficient to distinbguish right from wrong,

I am happy that you agree that you have a limited knowledge. Same thing with us also. But we do have belief in our pious elders. They are giving their rulings from Quran, Sunnah Ijmah and Qiyas. You too believe in your pious elders.

The doctors's theory you are presenting I don't think it is practically correct.

shuykran

Assalaamu alaykum

In my earlier post the computer had some problem and my salutations and your quotes some how got missed.

I am happy that you agree that you have a limited knowledge. Same thing with us also. But we do have  belief in our pious elders. They are giving their rulings from Quran, Sunnah Ijmah and Qiyas.  You too believe in your pious elders. 

The doctors's theory you are presenting I don't think it is practically correct.

shuykran

:D

No problem. I hope the computer is ok now. :smile:

Yes, I can agree a thousand times that I have limited knowledge. But you missed the point when I said "However, I can question them on the basis of my limited knowledge and on the basis of their drawing conclusions without evidence, which is valid in this case.. My assertion still stands that the fatwa, if it is a fatwa, is wrong and is not based on any evidence.

My pious elders are salafi. I am instructed by Rasool Allah :D to follow them as they are wwhat is left in this world for us to follow. I do not believe or follow scholars who are not salafi. Furthermore, it is not piety that matters. It is the sincerity to abide by the Qur'an and Sunnah.

The doctor's theory is absolutely correct. I will not question a professional whose profession I know nothing about. But I will question a professional about a profession I know about.

Wassalam

(They are non-arabs)

Asalaamu alaykum

i'll trying to figure out what being arab has to do with this situation?!?!?!! It is not from Islam to judge or form an opinion about someone or the decision they gave or may give in the future based on their race, IT HAS NO BASIS IN Islam. PERIOD.