Islamic Forum
Ibn_Khaldun

Inter-racial Marriages

salaam,

i think inter racial marriages are oke i couldnt find any thing against it, i am a spanish/dutch revert married to a iraqi men and we are still happy after 6 years (highschool sweetheart :D ) i speak his language, but we speak english with eachother as for my son i speak his fathers language with him and after if he goes to school he will learn english (he understands allot already :D )

i wouldnt have no problem with wich nationality my childeren wants to get married aslong as they are muslim.

i think childeren born in inter racial marriages are blest with two cultures and two languages and this is an advance (spelling?) later in live.

Assalamu alaikum

PropellerAds

Salam sister proudmuslimah and all the other brothers and sisters,

i am a spanish/dutch revert married to a iraqi men and we are still happy after 6 years

i think you meant"iraqi MAN" and not "men"....lol.. :D :D :P

sorry had to point out... :P :D

couldnt imagine a muslimah married to men..then a man.

You guys are convincing me to marry someone out of my culture....i am sure my mum will be like.. :D :D (w00t) . but sure if he is the right man then of course nothing should be against it. Only if Allah wills, it shall happen.

I do personally like them. have seen few marriages and they are working wonders.

salaam,

i think you meant"iraqi MAN" and not "men"....lol..   

oops :D , i was typing quick so i didnt noticed it so to set the record straight i am married to a iraqi man ( lol!!)

:D sorry.

masalama

If someone wants to marry inter-racially thats fine by me. For some people happiness is all that matters, cant argue that.  As far as for me dating someone of another race , i could. Some reason, maybe its the way i was raised, but  i could never  :D date a black man (nothing against them) but just not my style , i guess.  However ... a nice middle-eastern guy...now thats another story..  :D

I hope i did not offend anyone here. :P

Brittany

:D

That sort of saying is the last I expect from someone with a bin laden quote, pic, and nickname :P

Are you a muslim?

Edited by sis Qassab

That sort of saying is the last I expect from someone with a bin laden quote, pic, and nickname :D

she's reffering to Yeslam binladen not Osama...they r too different ends of the pole.

Well I am all for inter-racial marriages...it will help people become more knowledgable in different languages, cultural dresses, different foods, etc. It will also help drive down the cultural discrimination that is admant in many South Asian families...."he has to be paki, indian, etc."

This way if everyone marries interracially then no one will be able to keep track of where they are from then people will look to marry a Muslim rather than a Muslim with a particular Nationality.

To make it work though you have to have a lot of patience because there will be a lot of gaps in the beginning so you have to be ready to learn and adapt.

I still would love to marry an Arab (could teach me Arabic and wouldn't mind moving to the Middle East) or revert Muslimah (have such strong imaan and would be keen on learning more about Islam with me) ... :D we'll see if that happens (Parents would kill me though)

Edited by Paki Brother

Salaamz,

I would love a inter-racial marriage, in fact that's the type I actually want, I dun know why but I just like it. There might be the whole language thing, but I live in the U.S and if I can find someone that speaks english, it would be great becaue I dun know my language fluently as other know. Of course my parents have a different opinion. It's funny though, while I was growing up my parents talked bad about there own race but when it came to marriage, they would be like "it has to be bengali". Not that I would mind my own kind, I just don't want it to be limited to that. I wish our parents mentality were better, caring about a person's imam rather than a person's origin.

Salaam,

There is a sense that when something is forbidden to you, it becomes more attractive.

Wassalaam.

That sort of saying is the last I expect from someone with a bin laden quote, pic, and nickname :D

Are you a muslim?

oooooh, my bad!

Who is he anyway?

Salaam,

There is a sense that when something is forbidden to you, it becomes more attractive.

Wassalaam.

so inter-racial marriages are forbidden? i don't get what you're trying to say.

No they are not forbidden in Islam, what they mean is when your parents forbid you to do them or look down on you if you do it.

oooooh, my bad!

Who is he anyway?

he's Osama's half brother. a big shot businessman.

he's allrite but i lost respect for him as when he was on "60 minutes" he was having alchohol. :D

he's allrite but i lost respect for him as when he was on "60 minutes" he was having alchohol. :D

aaaw thinks like that is what is putting our ummah down I think.

Asalamu'alaikum Everyone,

I am marriage to an African American Woman and I am Caussian Man. We share many similar interests and our two families are the closest of friends and family. I am thankful to Allah that I have been so very blessed with a union with her. :D

PS: We have one beautiful daughter of 2 and half years old. :D

Wasalaam,

No they are not forbidden in Islam, what they mean is when your parents forbid you to do them or look down on you if you do it.

Salaam,

Yeah, that's what I meant. It's like going to the supermarket, and your parents saying "You can buy something from here, as long as it's not from that shelf". You might not have necessarily been that interested in what was on that shelf, but seeing as you're being told you can't have it, you might suddenly think "Hey, I wonder what's wrong with that shelf..." Especially as from the Islamic perspective, it's acceptable.

Okay, dodgy analogy, I guess... :D

Wassalaam.

as-salaam aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

If the in-laws speak different languages, then both spouses should make efforts to learn some of each others' languages. My dh is learning a lil' Japanese and I am learning Arabic :P --but we both speak English as well :)I think it will be very important for me to be able to communicate with my MIL when we move to Dubai... :D

and of course, there are many people talking about us and how bad it is we got married but almost everyone in his immediate family is supporting us so I am very blessed he has an open-minded family :D they are even letting me fly my daughter (I mean cat)from the U.S. to live with them in Dubai :P

fi aman Allah,

Ameera

Are you a muslim?

What did I say that was so wrong? I know blacks that will say they couldnt date a white girl but they arent racist. Yeslam is like Osama's half brother, in any case, that doesnt really matter. I wasnt trying to offend anyone.

You know he isnt as much into the muslim religion like Osama is? Osama is like the only one out of all the family members who truely believes in it and practices it often.

she's reffering to Yeslam binladen not Osama...they r too different ends of the pole.

Actually that is a Osama Bin Laden quote and pic. unsure

:w:

Once again Id just like to say Sorry if i sounded like i was being rude, i wasnt trying to be (in my original post on this topic). I have nothing against black people, i have just never found one id marry. I didnt mean to sound cruel or anything. I hope you all can forgive me. thanks

Ps. No i am not muslim btw. :D

I agree with it, if two people love each other from different counties or race then i dont see the problem with it, but it would be wise to seek the parents permission first. but they r not always right about things r they, just like human beings r not.

To an extent i think inter-marriage is beautiful because people are not so narrow-minded but then again there is the issue of language...hmm...personally i don't care. Nothing should matter but deen and parents forget that sometimes :D

:w:

Yeslam bin Laden!!! :D

Don't worry, you didn't say anything wrong....I just thought you were a hard core muslim or something you know, and then I read that stuff you said about wanting to date a middle eastern guy, and dating is haram in Islam...so I just started wondering...I'm sure you get me.

Please don't feel bad :D