Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Habdisullah

History And Contributions Of Islam

Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

I pray that Allah (SWT) increase our Iman

Insha'Allah I hope to make a documentary for my school regarding the history of Islam which will cover:

- The message and History of Islam

- The history of Islamic Civilization

- The contributions of Muslims in The development of Europe and the West.

Though, Alhumdullilah, I have a decent amount of material to derive information from, it would be better to expand my library. If anyone can contribute and share with me any source of medium that relates to the previously mentioned topics, I would be much grateful. The material can be in a form of a book, article, audio, documentary, movie - it does not matter.

Also, if anyone happens to know of a good video making/editing software, that would also be beneficial.

JazakAllah Khairun :sl:

Walaikum Asalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

PropellerAds

:sl:

Topic moved here from Basic Islamic Discussions by freedslave, 3rd Nov'07.

You could try this site for more information. I know you have the required amount of information, but this may give more, as you've requested. The information mostly is about the Golden Age of Islam.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmuslimheritage(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmuslimheritage(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

You could also use clips from the following documentaries.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=X8_92XSDsoA"]Muhammad: Legacy of a Prophet.[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_video.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/videoplay?docid=4222791480425043142&q=Islam&total=110398&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1"]Islam: Empire of Faith, Part 1[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_video.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/videoplay?docid=7502243539190558658&q=Islam&total=110398&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4"]Empire of Faith, Part 2[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_video.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/videoplay?docid=94144204270367302&q=Islam+empire&total=796&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=4"]Empire of Faith, Part 3[/url]

They provide accounts mainly from non-Muslims, so it would relate more to a non-Muslim audience.

:j: this helps.

Asalaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

JazakAllah Khairun Brother for your suggestions. The website has a really good collection of the kind of information I am looking for, and clip is really good as well. Insha'Allah I will be able to use them.

Walaikum Asalaam