Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dawud_uk

Who Acts As Qadi In A Non Muslim Country?

Assalaamu alaykum,

Who acts as the Qadi in the non muslim state?

I know of a sister who’s family are refusing any brother who is not of the same race as her when these brothers who have been refused are of good character and deen.

She is losing hope as people have stopped coming to ask about her as word has got out in her area about her family so no practicing brother is willing to come ask about her anymore.

Please post as much evidence as possible as this is an important topic and this sister really needs as much information as possible to take to her family if that becomes necessary.

PropellerAds

Walaikum Assalam, brother!

It is unfortunate that people pay more importance to things that are temporary and of no consequence in selecting a partner for marriage. What they should look for are a person who practices his/her faith, is compatible and will be able to maintain the lifestyle of the partner.

There is an excellent site that I shall give link to, you may raed it and then use the material to reason with the parents. If they do not agree, you may go to the local Imam who will either act as the wali, or will recommend someone. I pray that the girl's parents see sense before the girl has to take this course.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.zawaj(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/salahi.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.zawaj(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/salahi.html[/url]

Unfortumnately, there is another site that I cvannot locate right now, it gives all the legal and moral issues. :D I shall post it when I find it.

Wassalam