Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muhsinmuttaqi

Madhhab Information

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

A thought came into my mind that I would be easier to answer fiqh questions if we can see what School of Throught brothers and sisters follow. I would suggest to display the School of Throught below the information about the religion.

I may give a Hanbali opinion while the one who requests an answer is Hanafi or Shafe'i.

What do you think?

PropellerAds

Walaiakumussalam Wa rahmatullahi Wa barakatuhu

The laymen asks a trustworthy mufti and follows his opinion and as such he has no madhab,

:sl:

This forum doesn't encourage brothers and sisters to stick to any one specific madhab. The differences between different scholls of thoughts are to our advantage, where we can take or leave according to each individual issue.

While restricting oneself to a specific madhab is not prohibited, it could sometimes lead to division and develop into secterian-like communities.

Assalamu alaykum

There are 17 sub groups(with each group having its name) among the muslims who do not follow madhab in pakistan. Each group calls the other group as deviant and sometimes mushriks.

In my city there are four sub groups among the la-madhabis.

Your comments please.

shukran

Edited by ahamed_sharif

Assalamu alaykum

There are 17 sub groups(with each group having its name) among the muslims who do not follow madhab in pakistan. Each group calls the other group as deviant and sometimes mushriks.

In my city there are four sub groups among the la-madhabis.

Your comments please.

shukran

Walaykumussalam

There are no Muslim groups in the world with out divisions and accussing each other of what is stated above ...every group including which you seem to belong to and Iam sure you know it better than I do

I believe there was a hadith in which the Prophet(pbuh) told one of his companions to make a census of some sort, to find out who is a muslim and who is not, so they can know from whom to collect zakat (I think). ANyways, so the companion asked something to the effect "But how do we know who is muslim and who isent?". And Muhammad(pbuh) answered something to the effect that Just ask them , and if they say LA ILLAHA ILLA Allah , then consider them muslims

I think we should do the same today, and love all our bros and sisters regardless of their specific religious beliefs. As long as they believe in the Pillars, we should love and accept our differences.

Salam

Assalamu alaykum

Walaykumussalam

There are no Muslim groups in the world with out divisions and accussing each other of what is stated above ...every group including which you seem to belong to and Iam sure you know it better than I do

Dear brother malabari

The discussion here is that madhabs divides into four groups, so la-madhabi was projected as solution. If there are 17 divisions in la-madhabis, then what next?

which is better four or seventeen?

shukran

:sl:

Both are extremes ..there is a middle path ...neither four nor seventeen is acceptable .

Madhabs were never ever meant to divide the people in to four camps , rather its only after 600 or seven hundred years that such divisions came along due to prejudice and fanaticism among many scholars which continues till today.

What you refer to as "la-madhabi" is a reaction to this ..and they too went to extremes in their opposition ...

Assalamu alaykum

brother almalbari.

What is the middle path. Who will decide the middle path and guide us.

You may be surprised to know there are more than four groups in a single family.

So in my opinion instead of going for new middle path. Let us go back to the period (as noted by you the 600 to 700 years), when four muslims from different madhabs used to gather, each one was pushing other to lead the prayers (for Imamat) thinking that the other brother is better than me.

But alas today it is tragic to note that at present everyone of us thinks "I am better than thou".

shukran

Brothers please do not get into the Madhab discussion, it is against the rules. I am a follower of a Madhab, and I respect the other 3 Madhabs as much as the one I follow.

I realise that many people are not aware of the Madhabs, specially the new Muslims, and it would not be right to confuse them, instead if you feel strngly that you have to explain the whole thing about following Madhabs or not following Madhabs please communicate with them through a PM. It's a better idea, otherwise discussions will be starting Pro and against madhabs, so would confusion and disrespect for each other.

As for the Topic Starters post, if you know a certain answer then maybe you could post the different explainations, and let the questioner choose.

I am sorry if I offended someone, it is not my intention, but I have seen personally how much it confuses the New Muslims when we start these discussions. If they themselves are interested in the Topics of Madhabd, they we can explain to them personally.

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Edited by umAhmad