Islamic Forum
sunshinez

typo..........................

PropellerAds

:D

Interesting question sis...

Me personally yes I would consider / marry a brother for marriage even if he was divorced or even if he had children. I think the success of a marriage between a couple is to do with their outlook on life and if that outlook is common then the marriage should be a success in my case the outlook on life that I would search for in a brother is and Islamic one, a total Islamic way of life, it would not matter to me if he was divorced or not. But I think everyone needs to consider implications of marrying a man who is divorced or has children. But if the divorced brother is religious, well-mannered, has high standard then his divorce has no effect on his self worth or of any less value in front of Allah, so why should it to me.

I mean I’d hate to think if may Allah forbid I was divorced and I had to fight negative thoughts, and be treated like only a half a women or a women of second class after divorce sadly it does happen.

wasalaam

I wouldn't mind it all. but family is whole different issue. they won't support it, as they will b worried abt what will ppl say?

salam alikum ,

only if there is no child, but if there was a child i would would marry a divorcee as a second wife, (this doesnt mean 2nd best)

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

Well alot more people would say no, this has been tried and tested, at one time "someone" said when the "someone" found out that the person was divoced the "someone" said they would rather go backhome and marry a woman, did you get that? , making the person sound really low just bcoz she was divorced

It is hard yes to accept it for some people, as for one person it will be their first experience and their partners it won't be there are alot of other things to consider too

But me personally i would consider a divorcee Insha'Allah if it came along

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu

Its very easy saying you would, but would you really?

asalamu alaikum

I'm going to be honest. I couldn't, even if I tried to. Besides, I wouldnt urge divorcee's to get married again. I think it says somewhere, any widow/divorcee who looks after her child/children after she has been widowed/divorced and brings them up correctly, she is garantueed Jannah. How easy is that?

Correct me if im wrong somebody!

i would marry a divorced women but it depends for what reason she is divorced, if it is bacuse her husband passed away(widowed) then yes, but if she did something wrong to here previous husband that made him divorce her then thats something else.

Edited by lailaha_ilalla

asalamu alaikum

if it is bacuse her husband passed away then yes

Brother, that is a widow, not a divorcee.

asalamu alaikum

Well if you knew, then why did you say you would marry a divorcee if her husband has passed away?

Ok, just leave it.

asalamu alaikum

Well if you knew, then why did you say you would marry a divorcee if her husband has passed away?

Ok, just leave it.

i just didnt phrase it right, ok

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

LOL

Well what about those who are only married a few months or less, would you consider them or would you want a "new package"

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu

asalamu alaikum

I have to add, a used package will be easier to handle than one fresh out the pan.

I guess, if he was a good Muslim man, than it wouldn't really matter. I dont know....

Allahu alam

Assalamu Alaykum,

I heard the prophet (S) advised people to marry virgins so that the 2 partners could play together. Apparently connection btwn partners that aren't first mates is not optimal.

Anyway that's an advice, its the better thing to do, but for me that doesn't rule out a divorcee. It's not always the choice of a couple to have a divorce, and many times they try thier best to work it out. So i accept that anyone can end up divorcing and if i like the person, the person's religion is good, and so on, i think i wouldn't mind the marriage. A divorcee could be a better person than a virgin.

Ma'assalam

interesting thread sis sun...

i would consider it...all well mannered and relgious.maybe

since i aint even married at all i dont really know

then you got to see he family's rection.. the " people will talk " will come up...why wont it?

depends on the situaion really

i think when the actual time comes then we can make a true and honest decision...right

Guest amani

^^yeh exactly..we would want to see their situation.what type of person they are etc :D

like if it was a weepy man whose wife dumped him and hes looking for a substitute. then :D thats no way.

and unfortunately to say..that does happen

asalamu alaikum

In that case sunshinez, I still couldnt. I mean who likes second hand stuff anyway? No 'dis' to ebay there!

Yes. My definition of an ideal wife is not affected by their past. :smile: