Islamic Forum
ummHana

A Few Questions

bismillah ar rahman ar rahim

:D

InshaAllah ta'ala this is in the correct forum, they are general Islamic questions so inshaallah this is the correct place.

I just have a few questions inshaAllah. Please inshaAllah provide fromt he Qur'an and Sunnah with your answers if possible because this is specifically what i am looking for, i know opinions already alhamdolillah but i need anything from Qur'an and Sunnah on this; ill also appreciate fromt he Scholars though if there is nothing in Qur'an or Sunnah.

:D in advance.

1) Is there are particular correct way to pray sitting down? i know when one is ill or unable to pray the correct way (say for example they are 7 months pregnant as is my case) i wanted to know if there is anything from the Sunnah concerning the correct or a more proper way to pray while sitting? inshaAllah

2) When a husband and wife pray together, just the 2 of them; does the wife repeat 'Allahu akbar' & 'Amin' after her husband? i think in the masjid women are quiet but men repeat after the Imam, but what about in the case of a husband and wife praying together at home? Anything int he Sunnah or from the scholars on this inshaAllah?

ma'a salaama

Umm Hana

PropellerAds
Guest amani

regarding sitting in prayer... i found "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=36738&dgn=4"]this... regarding prayer in pregnancy which will :D help you[/url]

and also, "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=38162&dgn=4"]the proper way of prostrating/sitting [/url]

Bismillah ar-rahman ar-rahim

:D Sister Amani, inshaAllah im right in understanding the second Fatwa was with regards to my question about repeating Allahu Akbar etc. after my husband; since they said there is no difference between the prayer of men and women, this would include the repeating aloud of Allahu Akbar as the men do after the Imam (or in this case my husband who is leading our Salaat) inshaAllah b'idhnillah.

Barak Allah Feek habibti

inshaAllah any other replies and extra info will also benfit.

ma'a salaama

Umm Hana

Assalaamu 'alaikom

Yes its correct the prayer of the man and woman is the same even in reciting the ameen aloud. As for saying Allahu akbar, the followers do not have to say it out loud, simply reciting it to onesself or normal tone is sufficient. The Imaam has to say the takbeer loud because he is the one being followed. As for the ameen aloud, it seems the most correct opinion and Allah knows best is that the followers also say it outloud, as some ahadeeth estalish this, though some like Imaam ash Shafi'ee said the followers dont have to say it outloud. However, whether loud or not, it should be recited. You can refer to a discussion about it here: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.qss(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/salah/17.6.html#RTFToC1"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.qss(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/salah/17.6.html#RTFToC1[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.qss(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/salah/toc.html"]Prophets Prayer Described - Al-Albaanee[/url]

wassalaamu 'alaikom