Islamic Forum
Musafir

Last Year In Grade 12

Assalam-o-alykum

I am a bright student and I dont like to slack behind, the only problem is that when I have a difficulty I get shy and lack confidence to ask the teacher for help and in that way I get behind, this is affecting my grades. i feel like I am bothering her and she will get angry and that she is judging me if I keep on asking...is this just me. Is there any suggestions that can help me, today I had so many doubts but after asking her help on one qs. I went to my seat without getting my other doubts answered, I was not so confident in her but then I think to myself I am messing up my future. SOmetimes i feel like crying for being this way, Any advice will be appreaciated

PropellerAds

:D

Bro, you are suffering from what most people like to call "senoritis." It's not just you, it happens to a lot of people but at least you seem to be concerned about it.

Now about the question thing, I don't understand how you can't ask your teachers questions. It's their job to answer your questions, that's why they are there, that's why they get paid, to educated you, to make sure you learn. In fact, many teachers pay close attention to people who ask questions, noticing that at least these people are trying, that they're paying attention, and are actively involved in the class. Don't hesitate to ask questions, remember that you won't always get everything on the first glance, and that it's perfectly acceptable to seek help because quite frankly no one is perfect. Even if it may seem like a stupid question, at least you asked it and cleared up any misconceptions you had prior to asking the question. So don't be afraid.

Remember this proverb:

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes,

but he who does not ask remains a fool forever."

and pray to Allah :D, asking for confidence.

Edited by xeo

asalamu alaikum

Some good advice already given out. Dont be afraid to ask. My uncle always tells me, if you never ask, you'll never receive. Just keep trying and put all the bad times as experience and from that, learn to think and become more confident.

Keep praying also. All the best brother.

aslaaml alykum,

yeah i used to be like that, but i learned if i didnt ask im gonna fail, the longer you leave it the worse its gonna get, so what if they laugh man, your a muslim

wa alykum aslaam

Remember this proverb:

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes,

but he who does not ask remains a fool forever."

and pray to Allah :D, asking for confidence.

Well articulated bro, thanks to all I have become even more motivated than I was before.

Assalamu Alaykum,

I can imagine how you feel, how the teacher might think in a certain way about you bcos you sak question while others have gotten it or pretend to have gotten it. Ya that's what it is, many pretend they get things in class so that they don't look stupid, nut the reports, trsts and exams show the true colours. So you who is bothered i imagine get much higher marks than those who aren't bothered. It's a pity though that some teacher's don't welcome questions. They might answer sometimes but the expression on their face or body language can tell you otherwise.

so as you have been told already. forget the teacher's aren't doing what their suppose to do and ask them whatever you like. If they don't satisfy you, tell them your not satisfied with the way the answer your questions. If still, report to prefect council, or your form tutor or any other authority that can do something about it.

Hope this helps

Ma'assalam

asalaam aleikum, just ask them no matter what. dont be afraid beacuse its not worth the risk to lose marks just beacuse you never asked for help.

Assalam-o-alaykum

My data Management teacher always has a frigid face that makes him so unapproachable...Now I donot even look at his face when he is explaining! And yes i agree with ya'll its not worth it losing marks! If you have to ask you have to ask

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

Brother, i can understand the sitaution you are in. If you have to ask, ask. Brother, forget what face he has on, forget everything apart from what your gonna lose if you don't ask. Hes' your teacher, he's there to help you when you need help, just make the first step and aske, it's his job is to help you.

Insha'Allah Brother take heed to the advice given and act on it

Xeo has given some good comments and suggestions. Hope it helps you. My mom used to tell me that if you are afraid to ask your teachers questions, think of it this way that once you are out of their class, they probably won't remember the questions you used to ask or even you. So go ahead and ask as many questions million times to your teacher, it's for your benefit only. When you continously start to ask questions, your confidence will build and soon you won't even think what the teacher thinks, you will only think of learning the proper way. Hope this helps.

Alhumdulilah, good advice has been given here by the Brothers & Sisters, Insha'Allah it is useful to you & it is going well for you

Do feel free to ask for anything eles & let us know how its going

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

The lecturers at our uni used to say 'there is such a thing as a stupid answer, but never a stupid question...' What I used to do if the teacher/lecturer was unapproachable was to ask a smart friend instead, and if I thought I'd asked this person a few questions already, I'd ask a different smart friend...

Wassalaam.

salaam brother

u shouldnt be so afraid to ask..... teachers arent angry usually when students ask them questions......anyway its their duty......

my teachers always say that its not a shame to ask if u dont unserstand, its much better than not understand and say nothing.

theres nothing bad in asking......keep your head up, take courage and ask whenever u dont understand....

i also had such problems- i was always too shy to ask or comment something, but i have learnt to say what i think, and ask when i dont understand.....

and no one is angry on me, really.

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

Like the sister said, it's better to correct your understanding by asking (even if you think they're basic/silly questions) than to remain in the dark. I would be a bit care-free if I thought I was asking a silly question, or a question that I thought showed my lack of understanding, as if you ask one-on-one, it's only the teacher that knows you've not understood. And console yourself that by asking you're making strides.

Btw, what I meant was the 'stupid questions' are sometimes the hardest to answer, that's why they're not really stupid.

Wassalaam.

You are the student, He is the teacher

You are here to get the knowledge, the teacher is the key to your knowledge, as he holds it

You have to ask questions, he holds the answers

Whatever the question is it doesn't matter, forget what you think or what anybody eles will think, you need to answer to understand what you are doing, so push yourself to ask

That is all i have to add, take heed from the advice here and put it into action, Insha'Allah.

Assalam-o-alaykum

Btw you guys should think of a career in advising or psychology! Most of you are pretty good. Thank you for inspiring me

Yes, some people here should, thats to your above comment.

Masha'Allah Brother as long as you are trying, thats all that matters. Insha'Allah it will come to you, after each effort you make, you will gain.

some good advice given by brothers and sisters so hope it helped.

just remember that u a student and students are there to learn, teachers are there to teach, solve ur problems and help. what i always heard from my teacher was never hesitate asking a question, ask it 10 times, but when i ask u and u don't have the right answer i m going to get mad..... this really scared me and i used to ask a lot till i was satisfied i got my answer.

sometimes teachers don't answer u with that smiling face, so u get the idea that i better stop asking another question. but ask again and again till u r satisfied, he is there to help, whether he is smiling or not...... thats not ur problem.

and as u said urself, its effecting ur grades, so stop being shy while asking questions, no matter how foolish or stupid the questions might be, u r trying to learn something, not make fun of the teacher.

Assalamu-alaikum Warah matullahi wabarakatu

I can so relate to what you said about the teacher not having a smiling friend, now Im going to ask till Im satisfied that I will do well. Love ya'll for your advice and support, your advice is not going to waste! Everyday I read your advices and practice upon them as you can see I keep up to date with this and I make sure I tell you guys how you have made an impact in my life. Jazakallah Khair

" The Musafir"

good to hear u r stepping towards a change! inshallah be strong and ask all what u want to ask, no one will stop u! :D

be strong in urself.

Masha'Allah, glad to hear that the advice given is usefull and being out to use.

All i can say is GO FOR IT!! and don't look back, small steps forwards to aim for your goal.

Insha'Allah it goes well.

Edited by illuminate

Assalam-o-alikum

One problem though, I donot care what the teacher thinks but the way he conducts himself with me is sometimes intimidating. He is all smiles and when I approah him to ask a question is suddenly turns into a frown, that kinda freaks me out and avoid eye contact, Geez if looks could kill, Id be long dead!

~ The Musafir ~

Ok you don't care what teacher thinks, now you gotta not care about the way the teacher looks. Yes facial expressions do sometimes hint what the person is thinking but you cant be sure so forget about it, why??? because you are there to gain knowlegde and you aint gonna let anything get in the way, as well as all the other reasons the Brothers and Sisters posted. So keep that in mind when you are appraoching him.

If you want to you could even tell the teacher about what he is doing, but in a polite manner so he doesnt think or get the wrong message, just to tell him know.

The other Brothers and Sisters may be able to offer more advice, Insha'Allah.

Insha'Allah it goes well.