Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yurt

Are There Any American Reverts

I am interested in talking to an American revert. Not necessarily to have it all displayed to the public, however, it would be very interesting.

The Islamic Center by my house just had an open house (drove by and saw it). But, when I went there later in the afternoon, it was no longer open. I am tired of calling them, for no one ever answers (phone or door).

As such, I think it would be enlightening to hear from an American who has reverted.

Thanks.

Yurt.

PropellerAds

Don't know if this post belongs here, if not it will be moved, but giving you some other info. Yank...

I don't spend much time here so I don't know too much, I know there are reverts here from Britain, Australia, Canada, and others... From the US I know of only one, and she's a sister, and I don't know more, I hope you can find others, and I'm referring you to someone very enlightening later on below, insh'Allah (if Allah wills).

And I wanted to write because of you saying: no one answering, etc.. First of all, as we pray daily five times a day, there would be people there but I guess only praying and then gone, Allah knows best. And as is the condition of Muslims in non-muslim countries, some I don't know. Continuing from the sentence before that... you might be coming at times when the prayer is finished, etc... or... wallahu a'alum. Allah knows best. And likewise the phone, if there's no one at that time, the phone won't be picked up, but if there's an answering machine and you left a message then they should have contacted you, wallahu a'alum. I would advice you to give them a call or go there between 12:30 - 1:30 PM (estimate time) on Friday, as most (and should be everyone) will be there for the Juma' prayer... and I don't know their exact prayer times over there...

Ok and the other thing you wanting enlightment from an American who has reverted, I could not think of anyone better than brother Yusuf Estes. I think you may have heard of him, he's very funny, he's from Texas, and you'll enjoy talking with him, a very pleasant guy. People like asking him questions, especially the non-muslims... His website is: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamtomorrow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamtomorrow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

And you can get in touch with him, following the Contact Us> menu and click his name... You get some good enlightment. insh'Allah.

Assalaamu Alaikum,

I am an American Revert. What's up, hommie :D !

But on a serious note: I'm definitely NOT an expert on anything and I'm a sister. So I don't know how much help I can actually be. :D

Al Hamdulillah!

*Edited*---------------------------------

Edited by Yousuf

i'm canadian :D , does that count? heh.

i know quite a few american converts. they aren't members of this messageboard though. if you'd like to contact them still, let me know and i'll see if i can get their contact info for you.

also, if you're ok with a canadian convert, i wouldn't mind talking with you if you want... my contact info should be in my profile. :D

Cool!

Canada is awesome, hey. As my sister in law always says, "hey, are you guys coming up eh?"

I did not want advice on Islam, such as rulings, readings, but thanks anyways.

I just wanted to know more about your stories.

Should I pm or do you already have it posted here?

Thanks.

Cool!

Canada is awesome, hey.  As my sister in law always says, "hey, are you guys coming up eh?" 

I did not want advice on Islam, such as rulings, readings, but thanks anyways.

I just wanted to know more about your stories. 

Should I pm or do you already have it posted here? 

Thanks.

a sketchy version of my story's posted up here already.

I'm an american revert. :D

Salaams

There is also Shaikh Khalid Yasin. He is an American revert and is now the Executive Director of the Islamic Teaching Institute ; an organisation dedicated to the work of promoting Islam. He currently lives in the UK but travels around the world lecturing and can often be found in the USA.

MashaAllah he is quite knowledgeable, a very good speaker and also very logical.

InshaAllah you can contact him through:

"http://iin.tv/who.html"]iin.tv/who.html[/url]

Wasalaam,

Clarissa

Assalamualaikum

there is Brother Yusuf Estes(islamtomorrow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)) ..He is from texas and was a former protestant priest.BUT i dont know whether u can talk to him in private or not..

I'm an American revert.

My story is here: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=3881"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=3881[/url]

Salam aleykum , Hi there

- I'm not american, but live in usa since 2001.

- I was muslim only by name and tradition, not practicing and i didnt care about it at all, all the way.

- Was rised under a western life style rather than a religious one.

- I started to reject religious believes and even ... , may Allah (swt) forgive me, becoz it was just going against my believes and my free will.

- as soon as i moved to usa, well u know a free country. saturday night club and stuff ... no dad no mom to watch ur back, no neibor's talk (gosip) ... and evrywhere u turn its an invitation to sin freely.

- i swear, i never concidere to revert to Islam, maybe sometimes becoz i felt somehow traditionaly-guilty that i may take religion seriously when i get old, becoz i had always that idea "religion = old people". so when ill be like 60 years old i ll have time to do religious stuff. but since im young how dare some1 can tell me what to do .

- begining 2004 somehow by miracle, yes miracle that how i can state it, i still dunno yet what have i done right so Allah (swt) blessed me with Islam.

- it took me 3 months to learn and correct my weak knowldge, 3 months to face the truth. noway seriously i had to take my shahada,

- next month (march) with Allah's will it ll be my 1st years (12 months) practicing and learning Islam,

- and i still learning.

does that count ??

hey ! have a nice day !