Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dot

I'd Donate If I Had A Credit Card!

:D

Dear IF members

I was told that a lot of members want to donate to IF, but they can't because they don't have a credit card. We understand that perfectly, and we know that the majority of IF members are still students in either schools or colleges.

But you can still show your support in another way. You can post here to let us know that you care about IF. Its always great to know that there are people who love this place and are willing to support IF.

Thats why I thought I'd start this topic, to serve as a donation substitute, where members who want to donate but don't have a card to do it, can show their support in words instead. You may even tell us in your post, if you wish, how much money you wanted to donate! I know words dont pay the bills, but, believe me, you don't know how much your words means to me and to the IF team. It help us keep going, give a boost to our energy, and charges us positively towards serving you better insha'Allah.

PropellerAds

Asalamu Alaykum

I wanted to donate so much that i was tempted to 'borrow' my sisters credit card but thought against it in the end. Though i don't have credit card if i could donate i would donate $50.

Guest amani

the first thing i open when i get on the computer is actually gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link) :biggrin:

my whole family knows im on this site as im always on it :D

i have $25 lying around and another $20 somewhere that i would love to give because i have no other use for it here :D

:D one day when i get a proper card i will donate here :D

I am sure there has to be a better subtitution! What about "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.yahoo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]yahoo[/url] money transfer or something? Or cheque? U can trust ppl like amani and CE enough surely to give them your address? They hardly gonna abuse their 'powers'? What about the mods? Why dont u sent them ur address securely?

Just to be on the safe side: this post was not intending to question the rules, i was just making a 'suggestion'! So didnt break the rule 7 or 8 (hopefully)...

i have $25 lying around and another $20 somewhere that i would love to give because i have no other use for it here blink.gif

Please feel free to sent me the money... :wink:

Edited by Danish

Aww this is so cute :laugh:

Ok.....well...of every "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic forum[/url] I have signed up on too (besides gawaher) I found many problem with it....and leave after several days...

Gawaher is the only forum I have actually been active on (been here for almost 2 years) because it is a clean forum, I have benefited so much from it, and I feel the community is definitely the best there is.

:D gawaher is DEFINITELY the best "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic forum[/url]. It has the best administer, forum team, best community, best everything!

Wallahi, before I came to this forum, I didnt know half....actually 1/4 of what I know now....and everyday I am still learning...

If I had a credit card.....and when I do someday Insh'Allah, I would most definitely donate (and if I was working of course) 100 dollars.......

yet 100 dollars, seems so little, to repay for all that I have learned here...

So not 100 dollars at one time....but definitely more than that

:D Gawaher :laugh:

gawaher is DEFINITELY the best Islamic forum. It has the best administer, forum team, best community, best everything!

Totally agree with ya sis. :D :biggrin: Just realized I've been here for a whole yr.. The other forums I was at I never stayed as long. :ohmy: May Allah SWT reward amu dot for his time and efforts which he puts in Gawaher, and all the wonderful IF'ers as well.

Anyways...seriously, I wish I could getta way to donate. I have some money which I so totally wanna spend..and IF seems like the best place to spend it. Ugh. :sad: One day inshaAllah. :D

Edited by mm_ca04

Just to be on the safe side: this post was not intending to question the rules, i was just making a 'suggestion'! So didnt break the rule 7 or 8 (hopefully)...

:D lol brother, you didnt break any rules here. This is not about rules, its about support and affections.

Thanks for your suggestions. Its not about the address, its just that I dont feel right about students paying anything actually. Thats why I'd accept their word donations instead, they mean a lot to me and to the volunteering staff members. So whether its in cash or words, your show of support does really help us go on.

ps. whatever you do, don't give them your address... hey members, we don't know this guy :D

at the moment only my duas and other well wishings are going towards IF :sad: ...I would really like to donate, and Allah knows my intentions.

:D the story of the other members makes me think of the story in the Quran about the sahaba who came to the prophet :D for the expidition to Tabuuk, asking the prophet for something to mount, the prophets sws replied "I cant find anything to mount you on" and they turned away with tears in their eyes because they couldnt find anything to spend. Allahu Akbar!

Edited by Ibn_Khaldun

ill ask someone i trust , who has a credit card to donate online, and i will pay them inshAllah.

I suggest others try a simillar route.

donate to IF What for? :D :D :D

donate to IF What for?  :D  :D  :D

Well, webhosting costs money -- Thats is keeping the IF on internet and paying for the over-usage of it.

In addition, the invision power board -- engine of the forum -- is commercial and cost money, i think $69.95 for yearly or Perpetual license: $185.00. Currently IF is using a Trail verision, which will of course expires.

Also, i was reading somewehere that this is the only job brother dot has -- so only the donations + adds earns his living. Am i right akhi dot?

Its not about the address, its just that I dont feel right about students paying anything actually. Thats why I'd accept their word donations instead, they mean a lot to me and to the volunteering staff members. So whether its in cash or words, your show of support does really help us go on.

LOL, brother we will spend money ANYWAY. Yes, i will anyway on games and stuff no doubt. So personally i wouldnt really mind helping out now and again with donation, if there was an alternative...how about u create a poll, on the students who can afford and pay? I am sure most of them can.

ps. whatever you do, don't give them your address... hey members, we don't know this guy biggrin.gif

:ohmy: :tongue:

(still waiting for the money amani)

Guest amani

^^ if your from the uk, and im from the uk then neither of us can spend it :D

but :D one day we WILL both give :D

Well, webhosting costs money --  Thats is keeping the IF on internet and paying for the over-usage of it.

In addition, the invision power board -- engine of the forum -- is commercial and cost money, i think $69.95 for yearly or Perpetual license: $185.00. Currently IF is using a Trail verision, which will of course expires.

Also, i was reading somewehere that this is the only job brother dot has -- so only the donations + adds earns his living. Am i right akhi dot?

LOL, brother we will spend money ANYWAY. Yes, i will anyway on games and stuff no doubt. So personally i wouldnt really mind helping out now and again with donation, if there was an alternative...how about u create a poll, on the students who can afford and pay? I am sure most of them can.

:ohmy:  :tongue:

(still waiting for the money amani)

And then?

anyway what is a perpetual license? Well what do i get if i donate? :D

Edited by resend

And then nothing resend, u might get some previliges...

but mostly its gain reward...as it helps in dawaah

btw, perpetual license is a one-off fee...u dont have to pay afterwards...or so i think

Edited by Danish

^^ if your from the uk, and im from the uk then neither of us can spend it :D

but :D one day we WILL both give :D

tut tut excuses... :ohmy:

lol, just j/k...

well why dont anyone tell me what a bleeding perpetual license is? :D Is it cos no-one knows? (w00t) ah perpetual means ever lasting, un-ending, uninterrupted

Thank you resend for answering my Q.

Well look none of my bribes i mean my negotiations were met So :D

Yeh, thats what perpetual is resend

Yeh, thats what perpetual is resend

So technically speaking, if i pay for the Perpetual license i OWN IF? :D :D

Assalamualaikum.

I have some very good suggestion about this. Why not the admin of this website register for a PayPal account SO that I can donate through PayPal.

and I hope this website will continue to survive till I finish my studies! Really hope I have some money now.....

Hi

As you can probably tell i'm not a muslim so i hope its ok for me to add a reply in this thread :D

I don't normally post on here for various reasons but i read alot throughout the forums. I've learnt alot about Islam here and i find it interesting to find out other muslims views on Islam rather than just reading articles etc

Anyway my main reason for writing this is to say i've benefitted from this website, i came here to learn more and i have so even though i cant donate i wanted to say this is the best "http://google/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic forum[/url] i've seen :D

~Ms Curious~

As salamu alikum

I have some very good suggestion about this. Why not the admin of this website register for a PayPal account SO that I can donate through PayPal.

I second that. PayPal system should also be used.

Wa alikum salam

Amu dot has posted whats unique about iKobo compared to PayPal...you might wanna check out this thread:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=9146"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=9146[/url]

salam,

i never heard of ikobo but sounds good, i wish i could donate but i cant i have no credit card. you know if i did i would donate everyweek or day! i love this forum everyone does right?

Selam,

I don't have a credit card, but I would be willing to donate a small amount (by check or cash) if you could send me your address over the PM. My PM is not working though, it is saying I am not allowed to use it, so if you could fix that first it might help.

However, if you are reluctant to do so, there might be a way that you could open some kind of bank account where we would be able to deposti money by check or however it works. Something can be worked out. I don't want this site to go down...