Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
atha

Parent's Permission In Marriage

Assalam-u-Alaikum

There is an issue that has confused me. i read the following at

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=65510&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...&QR=65510&dgn=4[/url]

"It is not permissible to marry a woman without her guardian’s permission, and such a marriage contract is not valid; and it is not permissible for the father to force his daughter to marry someone whom she does not want. For more information on this, please see question no. 26618. "

ok. then i remembered what i read elsewhere that it is not necessary to have parent's permission. its only a secondary requirement for marriage and not primary.

so now i am kinda confused. which is the right view?

Thanks

Take care

Assalamu alaikum

PropellerAds
Guest amani

:D

if you have it can you post up the info on permission being secondary? :D

as-salam-alaikum,

The children should obey their parents as long as it is within the boundries of Shariah.

If parents wants you to marry to someone you don't like, say it !!!

They cannot force you but they would think for a better future of yours.

There might be a wisdom, they have lived double of your life and have experience, give it a thought.

Remember the biggest sin which Allah mentions in the Quran is Shirk and disobideience to parents falls next.

Remember the time when you were born helpless ....................

Jazakallah Khair.

Jazakallah Khair.

Edited by Arif

Asalamualaykum,

Obeying your parents is in the Qur'an several times... why would you want to rebell against your parents in this case - in doing so would earn a seat in the hellfire wouldn't it? cuz pleasing your parents in a way to worship Allah is pleasing Allah. i must admit i know a great deal of parents who would not marry their daughters to a person that is not of their background which in this case isn't a justifible means in saying no don't marry but Allah knows what is best for each of us. i would not want to live the rest of my life with my parents angry at me for marrying someone though neither would i have them die this way :biggrin:

but arent parents there to just guide u, be ur advisors.

they cant say no because i dont like this person's background, secondly it is ur life time partner that u are choosing so its ur decision.

p.s second part is opinion based

Edited by Mohammad ibn Naeem