Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aa'ishah

This Is My Story!

Asalamu alaiykum everyone:This is my story

I was brought up in a small family of three children, i am the youngest by far. I have an older sister who is 13 years older than me and a brother who is 9 years older than me. My mother did a very good job of bringing us up. I was never christened or had any religious upbringing, my mother bought us up with an open mind and freedom to choose for ourselfs.

As i got in to coprehensive school i did believe in God and me and my friends used to attened church, i wasnt that advanced in christanity i only new the basics really. I picked religious studies as one of my options for GCSE because everyone was telling me how easy it was to pass! For the first year we learned about christianity and for the second year we learned about Islam. When we started Islam as a topic i just became interested, there were alot of muslims in my school and i was very supprised how different they portrayed Islam. Any spare time after this i started to study Islam, after a short while i new that this is the truth and that i believed in Islam fully.

When i tried to tell my friends(muslim) they thought that i was young to make a big decision and discouraged me, i told my mom of my interest in Islam and she was very suportive, on the other hand my dad wasnt so suportive. Anyway so after i took my GCSE exams i took my shahadah Alhamdulillah. Its been 5 years and ive never been happier.

PropellerAds

:D

Maashallah sister. Thanks for sharing us with your story sis.

Asalaamo aleykum sis Aaísha,

Thanks for sharing your story, how old are you ? Do you still live at home ? Does your father let you free to practise Islam now ?

waleykum assalaam, :D

salamu alikum,

mahsallah sister ,it is so beauigtufil story , :D

weclome to you in Islam and inshallah Allah swt always strenght yours and our iman ,welcome to you .

keep posting

salamu alikum,

asalamu alaiykum,

I'm am 20 and its been 5 years since coming into Islam alhamdulillah,

i havnt lived at home since i was 16 because my father made the situation at home difficult.

My father has never had a say when it came to practising Islam, ive never cared what he thought because to me i always think that Allah comes first and i would rather obey Allah then anyone alhamdulillah. He went mad when i first started wearing hijaab, and used to moan when i used to prey salaah but i never cared.

And alhamdulillah i am now married with a beautiful son, and im very happy in Islam :D

Sister chaand ive read ur story, its amazing how you are so strong after everything you went through and still going through, i just cant believe it. May Allah raise you amongst the pious and grant you jannah.Ameen.

Guest amani

:D sister :D

its nice how you have the courage. Subhanallah not all families are tolerant :D But Alhumdulillah at least your mother didnt turn you away.

:D they too will see the light of Islam .Ameen

may Allah SWT strengthen us all.

Ameen

wa alaikumussalam

Masha'Allah, barakAllah, subhanAllah... :D

To whom and how did you marry, sister?

ma'assalam,

asalamu alaiykum,

Wel when i was living away from my parents, i had a lot of close friends so because of my situation at that time i had alot of ppl aproach me about marrage. So i met my husband threw one of my friends family,

wa alaikumussalam

Masha'Allah, barakAllah, subhanAllah... :D

To whom and how did you marry, sister?

ma'assalam,

May Allah bless you and keep you safe, sisyer.

Thank you for sharing that. :D

mashallah sister!

im so happy for you....

keep strong, Islam is really wonderful....

all best wishes....