Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ahm

Do You Take Part In Sports?

:D

I mean mostly team games and not just going to the gym and working out.

Are there decent facilities where you live? Are there men only and women only facilities available?

Football, badminton, netball?

What's stopping you from taking part?

PropellerAds

Asalamu alaikum

My friends and i had a meeting at our local community centre on friday and we were able to book sundays as an all female day, where we can do swimming, self-defense , workout and are in the beginning stages of organizing a basketball team.

:D that's great! Regards swimming will you be looking to train sisters to become life guards aswell? I think that's quite important as then you can have more swimming classes for sisters.

Asalamu Alaykum

I enjoy taking part in any sport…whether I do it by myself or with a team. I play football, tennis, netball, I do swimming every weekend, athletics and basketball.

Erm...that is it really...hmmm.

aslaam alykum,

i play:

cricket

hockey

badminton

basket ball

football (only sumtimes)

tenni (only sometimes)

and i also run and swim darn good........ and want to start boxing inshallah

wa alykum aslaam

Are there a lot of other Muslim women that join in or is it rare?

Muslim Mujahid, and everyone else, are these within your school/college/uni or outside?

Asalamu Alaykum

I do swimming out of school and football sometimes…the rest I play at lunch times at school when I should technically be eating.

Asalamu alaikum

:D that's great!  Regards swimming will you be looking to train sisters to become life guards aswell?  I think that's quite important as then you can have more swimming classes for sisters.

We actually have a lifeguard who's a muslima and inshaAllah are working on training new ones......after we learn how to swim.. :laugh:

A lot of muslim women would love to do sports, its just hard to find the facilities......and then the time...

Edited by *Muslima*

Muslima: is this in the UK?

A lot of muslim women would love to do sports, its just hard to find the facilities......and then the time...

I see... I was actually asking crystal eye... but being at schoool yhou have lots of time anyway and PE/Games lessons as well.

I would love to play badminton, but finding a decent place and everyone being available at the same time is difficult.

Wow Canada. I don't think even London has such facilities, or where you can do all those activities in one place.

Wa Alaykum Salam

Well for the swimming yes there are quite a lot of sisters who join…it is all Muslim sisters for 2 hours a week. Some sisters just play around and just have water fights and then there are others like myself who race from side to side…

As for football, I play with my cousins but I was asked if I wanted to join a ladies team for a borough (Muslim sisters manly) but didn’t….

Netball, hmm…I play with girls but not Muslim.

Basketball…I play with girls but not Muslim.

I played badminton during the summer as it was the right type of weather but there were few muslimah’s who precipitated.

ma'salam

i love playing almost all of the sports: football, cricket, tennis, badminton, squash etc...dont like watching sports tho...

Wa Alaykum Salam

Netball, hmm…I play with girls but not Muslim.

ma'salam

What's netball? is that like volleyball?

What's netball? is that like volleyball?

Wa Alaykum salam

Ah Canadians know nothing apart from hockey! :D joking…well basically it is like basketball except you can’t dribble with the ball instead you have to pivot when passing to someone. Once you get the ball the only thing you’re allowed to do is move the second foot you landed on and pivot. The rules are different as well.

Asalamu alaikum

:D at the canadian joke! :D

Okay, i've never heard of such a thing........honestly! why a different version of a perfectly fine sport?

Female basketball players tend to have male like physiques, do they not? Same with female boxers and I think female footballers, if you have a male like physique you have an advantage. I think netball is suited to the female physique? Something to do with the hips/knees.

Playing squash is a great calorie burner.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/healthyweight/caloriecalculator/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/heal...oriecalculator/[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.primusweb(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fitnesspartner/jumpsite/calculat.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.primusweb(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fitnesspartner/ju...te/calculat.htm[/url]

Asalmo Aliakom

I know im the only muslim who does it, i guess im unique. I skateboard, i shredd on a piece of wood and 4 wheels done so for 6 years

Female basketball players tend to have male like physiques, do they not?

wa Alaykum salam

By playing basketball every so often will not cause one to sprout with muscles. It is harder for women to get muscles than men. It really depends how often she plays basketball.

Same with female boxers

i guess for female boxers they tend to have a masculine figure....but i don't know of any muslimah who do boxing.

and I think female footballers,

i have to disagree with you there! us sisters who play footie don't have males physique alhamdulillah. It also depends on how someone's body is structured...some women have males physique naturally without doing sport.

if you have a male like physique you have an advantage.

not necessarly....may be in rugby and boxing.

I think netball is suited to the female physique? Something to do with the hips/knees.

guys don't like playing netball...'suited to the females physique,' hmm...i don't know though you are required to use your hips for turning and passing and kness for landing and pivot....so i guess so.

As-salaamu alakum,

I love swimming (I also work as a life guard), running, aerobics, volleyball, and this week I am going skiing (alpine) - any sisters want to join me? :D

this week I am going skiing (alpine) - any sisters want to join me?  :D

Sure….except one tiny winy problem…I live in England! :D

wa Alaykum salam

LOL! How about my ‘revision’ that I should be doing for my upcoming exams? It’ll be almost impossible and my parents would probably refuse! Ah well….perhaps another time, I’m holding this statement against you for in the future reference.

wa Alaykum salam