Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Traveller

Members With No Gender Info

as salaamu alaikum,

How come some of the members dont have gender information next to their names? Dont you think it's fair to require all members to have gender info next to their names not just the new members.

I know when I registered, gender information wasnt optional. I had to specify it in order to register for this forum and now its public. But, I noticed that some dont have it next to their names.

I read one post where bro abdulMajid called a sister a bro and she didnt correct him. I also doubt that anyone knows that she's a sister because she tends to stay anonymous about her gender as she claimed once to me. But, I also saw her profile on another forum where she claimed to be a male which I didnt expect that she would do.

So, I hope that you can correct the problem. Either have all of your members with gender information public or none of them. Personally, I think its good to make it public so that no one mistakes another for someone they're not.

wassalams

PropellerAds
as salaamu alaikum,

I read one post where bro abdulMajid called a sister a bro and she didnt correct him.  I also doubt that anyone knows that she's a sister because she tends to stay anonymous about her gender as she claimed once to me.  But, I also saw her profile on another forum where she claimed to be a male which I didnt expect that she would do. 

Wa alaikumus salam.

It seems as though this is about me.

I hope i don’t offend you here by correcting you. I never CLAIMED to be a male on any forum. On one forum (Firdaus), my gender which was already set as Male, I left it like that and in my introduction, in public I asked the administrator wether it was ok if I kept my gender hidden. He said it was alright.

Thats exactly what happened.

Wassalam

Ive updated my profile with my gender, as is one of the "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]forum rules[/url].

If youre on about another sister, then please ignore this post.

Jazakumullah

: )

Edit:Typo

Edited by Striver

:D

Barak Allah feekum sisters. I would like to take advantage of this topic, to ask again all brothers and sisters who have registered long ago, to update their profiles now, to make sure both their gender and religion are declared.

Sister Traveller is right, specifying your gender was optional before, as I was looking everywhere for a way to make it required.

Declaring your gender ends many confusions, and is required for a healthy Islamic community insha'Allah.

Those who didn't update their profiles yet, are violating our rules and may get their warning indicator increased by our mods.