Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pashtunkhwa

Bush Commands Musharaf To Undress

Musharraf is like the little boy who climbed to the top of a sloping roof, but did not now know how to climb back down.

But down Musharraf will come, and it will be messy

ADITYA SINHA

WE will miss General Pervez Musharraf. Not only are his days as military ruler of Pakistan numbered, but they are certain to end in violence. A neighbor recently proffered a metaphor for Musharraf�s current predicament: he is like the little boy who climbed to the top of a sloping roof, but did not now know how to climb back down. But down Musharraf will come, and it will be messy; this was assured even before he thumbed his nose at his frontline ally against democracy, George W Bush.

One reason this columnist will miss Musharraf is the General�s habit of telling people where to get off. The latest, of course, happened on Thursday when Bush called up Musharraf and told him in no uncertain terms, to take off his uniform. Musharraf, in his characteristic commando way, interpreted this advice as a command not to adhere to the Constitution and give up public office before holding elections and taking up a new term as President, but as a command to undress. So he told Bush, �Yeah, we�ll see, sometime in 2008, maybe�.

Very few people ever give Bush the finger, but then, Musharraf has been doing this all his life � just read his autobiography, In the Line of Fire, obviously a drug-fuelled dictator�s dictation. It�s a book in which the main character is more self-absorbed than Shakespeare�s Richard III, more isolated than the dictator in Gabriel Garcia Marquez�s The Autumn of the Patriarch, more hated than Simon Bolivar�s character in Marquez�s The General in his Labyrinth. It just needs an end like Shakespeare�s Julius Caesar, which, going by the way the Americans are talking to vice-Chief Ashfaq Pervez Kiani, looks likelier with each passing moment.

In the Line of Fire, also the name of a Clint Eastwood film, can only be described as a hallucinogenic experience because of the utter disregard Musharraf has for his intended reader � the Western audience. The book was obviously an explanation of why the �war on terror � was going the way it was going (that is, not very well, with Osama bin Laden hiding somewhere in Pakistan and only some low-level Islamists landing up in Guantanamo Bay). But Musharraf completely missed the point. Instead of sympathizing with his audience�s shock over 9/11 and the vulnerabilities it exposed of their civilization, he chose to relate comic-book, coming-of-age-as-a-commando anecdotes. Basically, he told the West where to get off � the �war on terror� was his narrative, not theirs.

PropellerAds

:sl:

Your right Sis LOL!

I heard under pakistani TV he threatend to close every masjid and kill any "extremist" who stands in his way and in international messages he said something totally different.

the country named pakistan is a joke nothing else, they were broken into two parts in 1971 and will be broken into another four parts by 2010.

and then the Sikhs wil rule the punjab only B)

the country named pakistan is a joke nothing else, they were broken into two parts in 1971 and will be broken into another four parts by 2010.

ok

ha ha ha

Sikhs running the Punjab. The phatans already run the north west frontier. Kashmir belongs to India, what does that leave for the so - called punjabi muslims who Busharaff represents????

Kashmir belongs to India, what does that leave for the so - called punjabi muslims who Busharaff represents????

Why don't you tell us wise one?

ha ha ha

Sikhs running the Punjab. The phatans already run the north west frontier. Kashmir belongs to India, what does that leave for the so - called punjabi muslims who Busharaff represents????

Yeah, what do you mean by phatans? that is a sub-continental word... :sl:

The hate for pakistan is comign out from every post.. How good that you talk about sikhs ruling a muslim land.. sahme on you and shame on yor racist comments. R u sikh? if not tha why you are happy for sikhs ruling Muslim land? May Allah forgive us all... PAkistan divided in 4 parts in 2010.. lol, good joke.. but let me tell you one thing, you will not get NWFP and tribal areas, and keep dreaming for 1000 more years like other racists like you who are dreaming from last 60 years.. keep dreaming, keep posting your hate here.. good work..

ha ha ha

Busharaf is not punjabi, he is urdu speaking who migrated from INDIA...

Busharaf is not punjabi, he is urdu speaking who migrated from INDIA...

Didn't punjabis also migrate from India? Why do you call "migrators" that have migrated 50+ years ago still muhajjer and restrict their status as citizens? That is racism... The Hindu caste system still seems to have some influence on pakistanis. Its not entirely gone.. I have paki friends whose parents don't allow them to worry outside of their caste LOL

The hate for pakistan is comign out from every post.. How good that you talk about sikhs ruling a muslim land.. sahme on you and shame on yor racist comments. R u sikh? if not tha why you are happy for sikhs ruling Muslim land? May Allah forgive us all... PAkistan divided in 4 parts in 2010.. lol, good joke.. but let me tell you one thing, you will not get NWFP and tribal areas, and keep dreaming for 1000 more years like other racists like you who are dreaming from last 60 years.. keep dreaming, keep posting your hate here.. good work..

NWFP, FATA, PATA, etc. and tribal areas are Afghan territory and you'll see the worst of the worst coming soon. :sl: Punjab and Sindh should be donated to India as a gift.

As I said, keep dreaming racist.. and Muslim lands gifted to India mAkes you hapopy haan? That is why Pashtun Afghan trators gift their land US I think?

NWFP, FATA, PATA, etc. and tribal areas are Afghan territory and you'll see the worst of the worst coming soon. :sl:

It's pretty cool how you wish death upon people.

Good job.

I have paki friends whose parents don't allow them to worry outside of their caste LOL

WOW, you have Paki friends?! It's pretty funny how you hate Pakistani's, yet you have them as friends. Let me guess, they're self hating pakistani's.

NWFP, FATA, PATA, etc. and tribal areas are Afghan territory and you'll see the worst of the worst coming soon. :sl: Punjab and Sindh should be donated to India as a gift.

Thank you, those provinces belong to India anyway,

jai hindh

Yeah, what do you mean by phatans? that is a sub-continental word... :sl:

We call pashtuns, where I come from phatans. A sub - continental word??

But at the moment US and NATO are in commanding position in Afghanistan, of course due to unflinching support by local Afghans sitting in the Govt, so Afghanis should be worried about their country at priority rather indulging in day-dreaming about other countries. 2010 is still far away :sl:

It's pretty cool how you wish death upon people.

Good job.

i wish death upon people who sell their souls and honor to the devil :sl:

i wish death upon people who sell their souls and honor to the devil :sl:

That you have to tell those, who are enjoying the perks while sitting in Afghan Govt, bring your own house in order before pointing accusing fingers at others.

But at the moment US and NATO are in commanding position in Afghanistan, of course due to unflinching support by local Afghans sitting in the Govt, so Afghanis should be worried about their country at priority rather indulging in day-dreaming about other countries. 2010 is still far away :sl:

they are not in commading position at all, who told you that? afghanistan has been a disaster for them... the south and parts of the central-west and east is still controlled by taliban with their flags flying high all over... I don't love the all of the taliban, oms eof them were corrupt, but I can't hide the fact that its likely they will march into kabul in broad daylight as they did in 1996, soon... Pakistan still has the fate of being donated to mother India. I'm sure india misses its territory. this is not even the beginning, mark my words we're to see some massive changes for the better in the coming years. we need to redraw border. pakistan needs to go as does israel, and all illegitimate countries harming the interests of muslims.

they are not in commading position at all, who told you that? afghanistan has been a disaster for them... the south and parts of the central-west and east is still controlled by taliban with their flags flying high all over... I don't love the all of the taliban, oms eof them were corrupt, but I can't hide the fact that its likely they will march into kabul in broad daylight as they did in 1996, soon... Pakistan still has the fate of being donated to mother India. I'm sure india misses its territory. this is not even the beginning, mark my words we're to see some massive changes for the better in the coming years. we need to redraw border. pakistan needs to go as does israel, and all illegitimate countries harming the interests of muslims.

You need to ctritically analyse the situation before you make such lofty claims and tell those who are blowing themselves in the name of Islam and jihad and killing the Muslims only to change their tactics, it doesn't get you desired objectives, besides bringing bad name to the religion.

And concentrate on your own country instead of Pakistan, which is a nuclear country and knows how to defend itself against any aggression from the East, had that been possible, would have turned into reality during 2001-02 stand-off.

Simply amazing how people throw the blame upon others for their own failures, whereas its world wide reality, who can be purchased for few dollars and who cultivates opium?

You need to ctritically analyse the situation before you make such lofty claims and tell those who are blowing themselves in the name of Islam and jihad and killing the Muslims only to change their tactics, it doesn't get you desired objectives, besides bringing bad name to the religion.

And concentrate on your own country instead of Pakistan, which is a nuclear country and knows how to defend itself against any aggression from the East, had that been possible, would have turned into reality during 2001-02 stand-off.

Simply amazing how people throw the blame upon others for their own failures, whereas its world wide reality, who can be purchased for few dollars and who cultivates opium?

you know well that those blowing themselves in the name of jihad are pakis and arabs. afghans don't have the history or culture of suicide bombing. we fight with weapons.. havn't pakistanis played a role in destroying the image of Islam, blowing up train stations in london, terrorist attacks, suicide bombing, etc. I guess eating too much chapati and dal weaken's ones mind-power... wake up and smell the cofeee.

In the soviet occupation, the afghan resistance used to ignite donkey's and dogs in order to clear minefields... now certain humans are actually volunteering to do that job instead. it really makes me sad... but its the reality.

you know well that those blowing themselves in the name of jihad are pakis and arabs. afghans don't have the history or culture of suicide bombing. we fight with weapons..

Lol, now you have involved Arabs also, later you will involve the entire Muslim world, portraying Afghans the only angles living in the world. Go sell you ideas elsewhere. Your country doesn't manufacture any weopon, nor does it possess any industry, so to earn livelihood, you have to depend on only one thing and that is opium and heroin. All drug lords reside in your country and smuggle the stuff to other countries, a stigma, for which your own country is responsible, no one else. Your country has given nothing to your future generations, except traitors, war-lords and suicide bombers and then you have the cheeks to blame Arabs and Pakistanis for your own horrible crimes againt humanity.

Not to mention the quantity of flour, Pakistan has to send across, since Afghans know only how to grow opium.

Edited by Ahsan

Lol, now you have involved Arabs also, later you will involve the entire Muslim world, portraying Afghans the only angles living in the world. Go sell you ideas elsewhere. Your country doesn't manufacture any weopon, nor does it possess any industry, so to earn livelihood, you have to depend on only one thing and that is opium and heroin. All drug lords reside in your country and smuggle the stuff to other countries, a stigma, for which your own country is responsible, no one else. Your country has given nothing to your future generations, except traitors, war-lords and suicide bombers and then you have the cheeks to blame Arabs and Pakistanis for your own horrible crimes againt humanity.

Not to mention the quantity of floor, Pakistan has to send across, since Afghans know only how to grow opium.

yeah it's actually arabs who developed the praactice of suicide bombing.. and pakis as we know are very subjugated people who don't have a history or culture of their own and thus very easily indoctrinated and influenced. we have witnessed this from centuries past...every invader used to plunder your ancestors for fun without any fight put up by your ancestors. so this shows what kind of people you are. most pakistani's ancestors were forced to convert to Islam by the whips and swords of afghan and arab invaders. i don't wnat to "sell my ideas" anywhere but separate paki lies and treachery from reality... As for opium and heroin, we cultivate the pretty little flowers and sell them, its pakis that turn it into heroin and get high on it, blaming afghans for it. If we don't have industry, allies etc. at least we have Allah on our side... and Allah will never fail those who strive inthe way of Islam. selling onesself to britain and america is easy...

as for pakiland, there's a brothel behind every Masjid.. thats what i call a country..lol