Islamic Forum
guidance

Moderating Forums

Asalamou Alaicom wr wb..

i hpe that you all are in the best of health and Iman

brothers and sisters, i just want a clear idea about moderating/edeting forums.

Does a person need a certain program? :D

Experience? :D

or is it just easy peasy?? :D :D ??

If possible.. can i please be provided with examples :D or am i asking to much.. :D

Jazakom Allahu Khair...

wasalamou alaicom wr wb :D

PropellerAds

:D

i'm sys admin / mod at 2 other forums (not Islamic).. its easy nothing to it.. but then again i've been doing it for almost 5 -6 years now hehe.. so its 2nd nature to me.. its not hard still though :D

Sister, moderating a forum is really easy, almost all forum scripts come with a moderator control panel. All it takes is a few clicks.

I've created a forum for you and gave you moderator status to play with, check your PM for details.

Edited by xeo

Jazakom Allahu Khair.. may Allah reward you insha Allah

okay.. i've logged succeffuly alhamdulilah! And found out how to edit/delete/move/(etc) posts. However, hoe can i make more sub-forums and new skins :D ??

Jazakom Allahu Khair :D

Assalamualaikum,

making new skins is hard especialy with php. you cannot make sub-forums unless your the admin of the forum.

aww.. really??

hmm... thanks for clarifying this point for me. Jazak Allahu Khair :D

Bismilah..

Asalamou alaicom wr wb :D

Sometimes when the administrator of a forum makes a new sub-forum he is able to temorary lock it (for what so ever reason)

my question is, if a sub-forum is locked by the admin, is the moderator able to unlock it by any means???

:D Jazakom Allahu Khair :D

my question is, if a sub-forum is locked by the admin, is the moderator able to unlock it by any means???

By default, the moderator can't unlock the forum, unless of course the admin gives them the ability to do so through hacks or mods or even the admin control panel if that particular forum allows it.

Here's a "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.phpbb(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/admin_demo/index.htm"]demo[/url] of the admin control panel.

!!! CoOoL !!!

Jazak Allahu Khair for that demo brother.. insha Allah when i get a chance i'll click my way through and discover an admins job..

Jazakom Allahu kulla khair for all the help... if i have any further questions, i'll know who to ask :D

:D salamou alaicom wr wb

salam,

your gunna make a forum? cause the sound of it, your making a forum lolz.

no quite sister :D

but i actually want to become a moderator in a nother forum...

i've asked the admin and i got a "yes".. i already have the title as a moderator, my name is underlined and in a different colour.. however.. i don't have the ability to change anything :D .. i wasn't given a password or anything else..

doesn't that sound odd?? i gues i have to contact the admin...

although i'm still :D :D

*BUMP*

i actually can edit and move stuff.. i just didn't see the buttons.. :wakoo: