Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ahm

University Courses/degree

:D

Would just like to mention that if you're not sure what to do, then choose something vocational, something that leads into a job. Medicine/Doctor is one of them, also Pharmacy, Physiotherapy and so on.

PropellerAds

but brother, the problem with that is that sometimes the person can end up wasting all this time trying to find something they like, and if they don't, they might get stuck with a job they hate.

salam alikum,

i disagree bro, those who are sure of what to do choose vocational courcess.

those who dont often choose subjects that equip them with nessary skills and knowladge that gives them a broad spectrum of career possibilty.

Oh, so you guys have graduated and know everything?

HA!

REALITY - You work for money for food and shelter. If you want to do something that you enjoy, it's called a hobby. Don't make it into a job, or you will start to hate it.

Non-vocational courses give you no real world experience. Most grad positions you still have to trainee/intern for one-two years, whereas with a vocatinal degree they can go straight into job making a full salary.

Speak to unemployed grads or grads doing jobs totally unrelated to their degree - trust me there are loads in the UK, even Cambridge grads. A brother's done some biology degree, apart from teahcing science what can he do? Instead he does general admin and stuff that a school (high school) leaver could do.

um... thanks. right now i'm studying something i hate to do something i hate, i'd much rather do something i'm passionate about.

Ok, if you have that desire and focus on a subject that's good. And you know already what you want to do. Trouble is there are a lot of people that don't know what to do, and what job they would like to be in, so for them I'd recommend going into some thing vocational. I guess for guys especially they need to be worrying about earning money and in lawful ways.

But just cause you hate something doesn't mean you can't be good at it (e.g. Naruto and Kage-no-Bunshin).

But just cause you hate something doesn't mean you can't be good at it (e.g. Naruto and Kage-no-Bunshin).

yeah, that's too true. but just cuz you're good at it, doesn't mean it's right for you. :D but yeah, guys would probably have to worry about this stuff more than girls. gotta get teh money to feed the family. :D

good points bro ahm...

right now i have no idea what to choose or study, what work i want to do and what not..... i m totally lost. i could do medicine, or something related to it.... but i m all confused..... :S

good points bro ahm...

right now i have no idea what to choose or study, what work i want to do and what not..... i m totally lost. i could do medicine, or something related to it.... but i m all confused..... :S

You are the exact type I feel that should do vocational degree, but choose something you can do. If you're not good at maths, don't do anything maths related. If you can do the stuff, you don't have to like it, but you CAN do it - it's not hard for you - then that's the subject to do.

Most common vocational degrees would be teaching and medicine related.