Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lateral

Why Should We Take Our Islam Seriously?

:D

you know i remember back a few weeks ago i was discussing with a non muslim about Islam, and he said "muslims take thier religon far too seriously", thinking about it from a non muslims point of view, we go to a lot of trouble to find out if something is halal or not, likewise we go to a lot of trouble trying to avoid the haram, or getting ourselves out of it. What i wanted to ask all you IF members why is it so essential that we do take it seriously? i mean i know to take it seriously but not TOO seriously, but i just wanted to know your opinions

PropellerAds

:D bro,

I personally think it boils down to the fear of entering Jahannam, and the love and desire to enter Jannah, insh'Allah. We take great care to avoid the haram because we do not want to anger Allah, and we take great care to do the fardh and sunnah so that we can please Allah and enter Jannah insh'Allah.

The non-muslims (especially christians) on the other hand, only think you'll go to Hell if you're a TERRIBLE person, but people who aren't will go to heaven. In other words, they have no fear of the hellfire (or hardly any) and thus believe that it is useless to please Allah because they believe they'll go to heaven anyway as long as they don't kill people.

^^very well put. :D

i agree, very excellently put by jannahj, so i would like to ask another opinion question, you know the person i was talking to also came out later with "Islam has too many rules" what would all of you say to that?

Islam has many rules to help humans understand what is right from wrong. each rule makes sense. For example, not eating pork. This rule makes sense because pigs are filthy, and eat many dirty things. i explained in a pretty blunt way to one of my friends who asked why its haram to eat pork: would you eat out of your trash can?........i didnt think so. Pigs eat rotten food, garbage, their own feces,etc. Putting that kind of filth into your body cant be good for you.

it actually worked out well because my friend stopped eating pork. :D

We need rules..Without rules, we would be like animals. Just see those without rules..for them anything goes and look where it gets them. Human beings need to rules in order to live a fruitful life.

Pls read this.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/askaboutislam/display.asp?hquestionID=4123"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/askaboutislam/d...questionID=4123[/url]

We take it serious cause it is serious, was we sopposed to take it as some kinda joke..?

Akhi why do u always ask such questions?

i agree, its frustration when people don't take it seriously- and just what is serious, becuase the more you learn, the more you realise the less you know and the more you feel like you haven't achieved anything- in which case, you could never reach the true meanign of seriousness...

also pigs are the only animals to be omnivores- they eat meat aswell as vegetation...and some cursed people of generations ago were turned into monkeys and pigs and these pigs and the like are their descendents.

there is no compulsion in Islam, it actually doesn't have that many rules- but it appears that way, becuase the most common sense making ones are also put down- like you as a person know you should be nice and not evil and not to do certain things- so to make sure that your actions are nobody elses fault but your own, all the rules are written down. you know 1+1=2, but still its written down, incase you forget or you try to say otherwise to serve as a constant reminder, and realise that all good comes from Allah and bad trully comes from the hands of man, cause all the rules are there.

Akhi why do u always ask such questions?

if you read my first post carefully i said that i wanted to know your opinions, when you share your opinions with other people you can learn off them. Hope that makes sense :D

assalaamu alaykum

some cursed people of generations ago were turned into monkeys and pigs and these pigs and the like are their descendents.

i thought that those humans turned into pigs and monkeys didn't live for more than a few days, and wouldn't have breeded in the few days of their existence.

why we are so serious! please! give me a break! us muslims are fast turning like christians or jews who say they are christians or jews but if you ask them do u practise it and they will say NO!

muslims drink, i ask my muslim friend why does he drink and he says because he is young etc...

on the other hand some people are serious and again we will be like what christians/jews are right now in few years time! then ask your friend if he still thinks whether we are serious or not!